deeege

Re: Bounce back loans
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2020, 06:36:07 pm »
It will get worse I think , people in Plymouth are out in the city and waterfront spaces in the hundreds today , police have been out on mass trying to disperse the idiots  >:(
Keep it tight I say

Are they all applying for bounce back loans?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

pikeman

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2020, 07:46:35 pm »
Might consider this my self. I bank with Lloyds and apparently i need to have a buissnes  account to be considered. Always just used a personal account. Are other lenders i could approach.

pikeman

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2020, 07:52:28 pm »
just saw the link seems like i can apply else where but need to open a business account with them. May be too much hassle.

P @ F

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2020, 11:59:05 pm »
It will get worse I think , people in Plymouth are out in the city and waterfront spaces in the hundreds today , police have been out on mass trying to disperse the idiots  >:(
Keep it tight I say

Who knows , I was simply putting it out there that this country is full of feckin idiots that think the last 6 weeks have been just for a laugh , if we get a second wave then no amount of bounce back is going to help  ::)roll
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2020, 12:12:03 am »
Keep it tight I say

Who knows , I was simply putting it out there that this country is full of feckin idiots that think the last 6 weeks have been just for a laugh , if we get a second wave then no amount of bounce back is going to help  ::)roll

Correct. Enough dickheads even on here boasting about working and visiting their girlfriend etc. Morons. Utter morons.

zesty

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2020, 08:52:09 am »
just saw the link seems like i can apply else where but need to open a business account with them. May be too much hassle.

Yep same, went to apply then told need business account, can’t be bothered. Can take days to set one up.

P @ F

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2020, 09:45:18 am »
Can we just set one up get the wedge , withdraw it and shut biz account?

Pete Thompson

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2020, 09:47:19 am »
An loan with no interest or payments for a whole year and then an ongoing rate of 2.5%...

You’d be crazy not to take advantage of that.

Even if you just took the loan for the interest free period and stuck it in premium bonds for a year then repaid it!

But if you have practically any other loan or finance outstanding, simply pay it off with the bounce back loan, as it will probably not be on terms that as favourable.

And as for needing a business account, well apparently HSBC will open a temporary “feeder” account for you, from which you can transfer it to the bank of your choice.  See the comments section on the MSE page.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/05/small-business-boost-as-bounce-back-loans-launched/

Word of warning though, if you can’t trust yourself with a large amount of cash on hand, and will be tempted to spend/squander it, then steer well clear.

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2020, 09:51:42 am »
Keep it tight I say

Correct. Enough dickheads even on here boasting about working and visiting their girlfriend etc. Morons. Utter morons.

Absolutely nothing wrong with doing both of those things....

Cheer up.....you ll be dead soon...... ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2020, 09:55:56 am »
On topic.... personally I dont need any bounce back loans as I've got nothing to bounce back from.....zero affect on my income thankfully......and plenty of money behind me

I'm sure itll help some of you guys out who need money now or even for a new van and equipment in the future....

Good luck with your applications.....
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2020, 10:00:37 am »
On topic.... personally I dont need any bounce back loans as I've got nothing to bounce back from.....zero affect on my income thankfully......and plenty of money behind me

I'm sure itll help some of you guys out who need money now or even for a new van and equipment in the future....

I don’t need it either Daz, but good to have that lump sum sitting there for a year. If all goes pop.

If business is good after 11 months 30 days, I’d pay it back and it’s cost nothing at all.

NWH

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2020, 10:38:35 am »

If I’d had said that I’d have got slated 🤣🤣

P @ F

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2020, 10:59:19 am »
Well that was interesting, I called HSBC to set up a feeder account as explained on their website .......Office closed !
I then rang helpline to double check the number was correct, spoke to a nice American lady who had absolutely no idea what I was talking about , she must have been working from home , either that or you are allowed to take your roosters into work in America  ;D ;D ;D

Stoots

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2020, 11:21:15 am »
Well that was interesting, I called HSBC to set up a feeder account as explained on their website .......Office closed !
I then rang helpline to double check the number was correct, spoke to a nice American lady who had absolutely no idea what I was talking about , she must have been working from home , either that or you are allowed to take your roosters into work in America  ;D ;D ;D

I just applied online, I'm with santander. Took 5 minutes only a few basic questions. Next day they emailed me a agreement to sign. Did that and next day an email to say funds where in my account.

P @ F

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2020, 11:34:44 am »
Gomo , do you have a biz account with Santander already and have the bounce back through them ?
Most of them are only doing existing biz account holders ?

NWH

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2020, 11:59:43 am »
If people had kept on shining they wouldn’t need a loan

P @ F

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2020, 12:03:19 pm »
I did keep going !
But 12 months interest free then 2.5% for up to 6 years is not to be sniffed at is it !

G Griffin

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2020, 12:24:32 pm »
It could boost the economy.
People might invest the money, become more productive and it's good for the country.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2020, 01:06:59 pm »
Gomo , do you have a biz account with Santander already and have the bounce back through them ?
Most of them are only doing existing biz account holders ?

Yes, I'm surprised so many only have a personal account when they run a business.

I know you can as a sole trader but surely its easier to keep business and personal transactions separate when it comes to tax returns etc.

Stoots

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2020, 01:08:00 pm »

Why's that?

I don't Need a loan, I wanted one.

Besides that if you are smart with the money it's a positive thing, you can invest it. You could buy a window cleaning round that increase your monthly turnover etc. You don't have to spunk it on a depreciating van like I plan to do lol