Stoots

Bounce back loans
« on: May 08, 2020, 10:03:51 pm »
Applied for 10k, 48 hours later and its in my account.

That'll do nicely for a new van once we get back to normal  ;D

Interest free for a year then just 2.5%... Won't get cheaper finance than that.

Worth a shout for anyone considering finance, particularly if your credit rating isn't great as there are zero eligibility checks.

zesty

Re: Bounce back loans
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 10:38:42 pm »
How do the repayments work after a year Adam?

Set monthly over 6 years? Can you reduce this to say, 2 years?

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 11:35:59 pm »

Worth a shout for anyone considering finance, particularly if your credit rating isn't great as there are zero eligibility checks.

How many years are these spread over?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 11:53:53 pm »
How do the repayments work after a year Adam?

Set monthly over 6 years? Can you reduce this to say, 2 years?

Initially set as a 6 year loan. Interest Y1 paid by the government then 2.5% and you can pay back early at any time with no penalties.

Vin

NWH

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 11:54:44 pm »
Sod that.

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 12:02:29 am »

How many years are these spread over?
Get your name down, you little Commie, you.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 12:23:13 am »
I was asking for you, you’re gonna need it soon Mr Scargill.

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 12:50:59 am »
I was asking for you, you’re gonna need it soon Mr Scargill.
"Money's not my God, Nev".
But I'll follow Norman Tebbitt's advice and get on my bike and help myself if I need some.
We're used to this up here since Margaret cast us aside. There'll be no taxes forthcoming though.
I can be a capitalist too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 05:54:55 am »
Would also be a smart move if you already have outstanding finance at higher terms, either loans, hp or credit cards etc to to take the loan and pay it off.

I'm keeping hold of the money for a few months to see what happens, i think it would be daft to blow it right now but at a years interest free no harm in taking the loan and sticking it in savings for a year, if I decide I don't want it then just give it back.

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2020, 06:23:59 am »
I'm still feeling cautious about the amount of people who once this lock down is over find they have no job to return to or if there is a second pandemic in the near future. 

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2020, 07:21:27 am »
Can you only get one if you have a business bank account or can you have a personal account and get one ?

Ste b

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2020, 08:31:04 am »
Can you only get one if you have a business bank account or can you have a personal account and get one ?

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/05/small-business-boost-as-bounce-back-loans-launched/
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

NWH

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2020, 09:46:30 am »
Don’t borrow the money for treats protect the NHS.

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2020, 10:10:33 am »
Don’t borrow the money for treats protect the NHS.

It’ll be paid back a lot quicker than the 7.5k handouts! Thinking of investing it , making some quick cash then pay it back end of the year. Then claim 10k as a business expense  :D

deeege

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2020, 10:45:30 am »
If I was still trading as a LTD company I’d definitely get one of these loans to either pay off any finance I had or for payment towards a van. The interest and terms seem incredible, far better than any personal or business loan.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Ooooooog

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2020, 10:50:55 am »
If I was still trading as a LTD company I’d definitely get one of these loans to either pay off any finance I had or for payment towards a van. The interest and terms seem incredible, far better than any personal or business loan.

This. Mad not to.

mufcglen

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2020, 11:07:47 am »
Can you claim it if you are going to claim the self employed thing next week or will it affect what you claim with that?
Also can you use a personal account rather than business account?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2020, 11:16:09 am »
I know you changed from LTD company to sole trader last year, more or less ruling out the self employed grant for yourself. Not sure if it’s available in other parts of the country but here in Scotland there is a hardship grant of £2000 available to those who started trading after April 5th 2019, might be worth looking into?

Ste b

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2020, 11:27:29 am »
Can you claim it if you are going to claim the self employed thing next week or will it affect what you claim with that?
Also can you use a personal account rather than business account?

Yes you can get both and yes you can use a personal account.
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

deeege

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2020, 11:32:49 am »
I know you changed from LTD company to sole trader last year, more or less ruling out the self employed grant for yourself. Not sure if it’s available in other parts of the country but here in Scotland there is a hardship grant of £2000 available to those who started trading after April 5th 2019, might be worth looking into?

It’s all means tested though, not available to anyone with savings.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."