Mr.G

Re: Question To Those Not Working
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2020, 07:39:31 pm »
to answer the original question-
I would like to think in the next week or two in a limited way
If the infection rate drops enough

I did a couple of days after the lockdown and some customers were coming much too close despite being told not to. Including a doctor!

so I stopped as Mrs G is high risk.

dazmond

« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2020, 08:03:38 pm »
Oh dear, with Tosh out of the picture it looks as if Dazmond is now number one on Griffs obsession stalking radar.

its ok sean i can take it........ ;D

i hope your ticking along ok mate.......
It's not personal, Daz.
I'm just discussing the government guidelines. It doesn't matter who, or who doesn't, break them but it's worthy of discussion.

its just not worthy of discussion at all griff(certainly not in regards to me staying at my girlfriends house).......i wish you d go back to your quick fire quips/jokes.....thats where your real talent lies mate..... ;D
I'm a man of many talents, Daz.
It's the guidelines that are the problem not me. If I'm wrong or misreading them, people can ignore me or put me right.
As I've said, they are not my guidelines and anyone can feel free to vent their frustrations at those guidelines on me. Or ignore me.
As Nicola said, things shouldn't seem normal right now.

it doesnt feel normal griff.....

no gym sessions
no band practice or gigs
no meals/nights out with girlfriend/family/bandmates
no holidays abroad(was due to fly to greece on 3rd may)
no visiting family

the only normal thing is i can go to work,thank god!
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2020, 08:14:31 pm »
Daz, I remember you saying that nothing would stop you travelling to Zante.
Not many people forecast where we'd be at now though. It's not good.
It'll be good to get back to something like normal.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2020, 08:20:47 pm »
There’s some petty idiots on here. Half of you aren’t window cleaners, why don’t you trot on and let those who wish to talk constructively about window cleaning and the current climate do so. If you haven’t got anything constructive to say bugger off. Particularly the trolls and non shiners.

14 posts in and name calling already.

Oh dear.

G Griffin

« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2020, 08:22:16 pm »
And nothing constructive.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2020, 08:29:11 pm »
Daz, I remember you saying that nothing would stop you travelling to Zante.
Not many people forecast where we'd be at now though. It's not good.
It'll be good to get back to something like normal.

well the positive news is the death rate today is the lowest its been for weeks now so hopefully its a downward trend.......my auntie who lives in spain can still only go out ONCE A WEEK for food shopping,thats it........although i think they are relaxing the severe lockdown from monday next week
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2020, 08:43:09 pm »

My last post was constructive. Just because you disagree with it doesn’t mean it’s not constructive.

As for the troll PG, he’s been on here years and never posts anything constructive. All he ever posts is character assassination and condescending insults, so any insults about him may just be too close to home for his fragile ego to deal with.

Just because I’ve posted 14 posts in my year on here didn’t mean my words are any less valid.
I didn't find it constructive.
We both know that you are more constructive than that and we've both known it for more than a year.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2020, 09:14:59 pm »

My last post was constructive. Just because you disagree with it doesn’t mean it’s not constructive.

As for the troll PG, he’s been on here years and never posts anything constructive. All he ever posts is character assassination and condescending insults, so any insults about him may just be too close to home for his fragile ego to deal with.

Just because I’ve posted 14 posts in my year on here didn’t mean my words are any less valid.

Oh get over yourself. A differing opinion and you call somebody a troll.

No wonder you only posted 14 times.

And how would you know I’ve posted trolllike stuff for “years” if you’ve only been on 1 year. Unless you've been booted off a few times for, you know,being a troll.  ::)roll

jk999

« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2020, 11:20:58 pm »
News experts saying peak of the virus has allready passed it passed in march

« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2020, 11:35:52 pm »

But the problem is the second wave. When will that be.

G Griffin

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2020, 11:36:07 pm »
March?
We only locked down on the 24th .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2020, 11:47:41 pm »
lol

G Griffin

« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2020, 11:55:57 pm »
It's true according to the Mail.
Can you imagine if it were true? We reach the peak and then go through this costly lockdown. The government would be slaughtered!
It is the Mail though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jk999

« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2020, 12:02:09 am »
Yes experts saying lock down was to late

Mike Burd

« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2020, 05:28:39 am »
I’m not an expert, but from what I can tell, the government’s economic response has been astonishingly good. It’s like the Labour Party were in government.
PPE? Care homes?
Economic.
Health care is part of the economy.
No it isn’t. But for clarity I was referring to the financial package put in place. Furloughing, grants, business rates freeze, loans (if they get it working properly), self employed help and so on. Directors of small companies were ignored though. But overall I thought the package was breathtaking.

Unfortunately they’ve made an absolute mess of everything else.

So far they've dished out nothing.
True, but  I expect you deferred your VAT?  It’s frustratingly slow for everything else but we’re not in need of anything. We’re getting the £10k grant but we don’t need it. I’d hand it back if it were possible, but I figure along with everyone else I’ll be paying for this years to come.

Sorry. 10K Grant? Thought for self employed its 2.5 k a month for 3 months? Or am I missing something.
Who said I was self employed?

If you’re paying VAT You’re either self employed or a Ltd company, which is self employed in just other words .  ::)roll
No, they are different. In actual fact and in how grants are being paid out. Self employed get 80% of profits if they don’t work, directors get furlough on their PAYE element and nothing on dividends if they choose not to work.

The £10k is business rate relief for those that get the small business rates relief and nothing to do with self employed.

Hope that helps.

Not really. Knew all that anyway. Maybe easier if you had said that was your position all along.

Thanks anyway.

And being furloughed as a CD is worth about £483 a month. Pointless.  ;D

Hope that helps.
No need to be furloughed as we’ve worked straight through in accordance with the government guidelines.