dazmond

Re: 3 weeks now
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 10:57:32 am »
Do you think you’re  one of those ‘most people’ Dazmond?

Hopefully but I dont know....I might of even had the virus and dont know about it......the point is we will have to try and get back to a normal life as possible sooner rather than later or the blow to the economy will be too high a price to pay(as more lives will be lost by a deep recession than the virus)
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 11:08:36 am »
Personally I dont think we re gonna be able to stop this disease so its gonna get to a point where everybody will have to just go back to work and get on on with their lives and try and be safe as possible......

My dads now back home after 2 weeks in hospital.....so he s survived coronavirus with stage 4 lung cancer!so most people will get over it.....without dying....
Some countries are doing better at stopping the spread than others though.
I don't think their strategy is just getting on with their lives.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 11:19:55 am »
Personally I dont think we re gonna be able to stop this disease so its gonna get to a point where everybody will have to just go back to work and get on on with their lives and try and be safe as possible......

My dads now back home after 2 weeks in hospital.....so he s survived coronavirus with stage 4 lung cancer!so most people will get over it.....without dying....

I dont believe other countries data either griff....there is absolutely no way China have had only 3500 deaths due to this virus...its BS.....

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 11:29:12 am »

I dont believe other countries data either griff....there is absolutely no way China have had only 3500 deaths due to this virus...its BS.....

Well it could be true - they were welding doors shut some people couldn’t leave ....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10925668/coronavirus-patients-welded-homes-china/

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 11:40:41 am »

So you think that the figures are worse?
Well they'd be a lot, lot worse if everyone just gets on with it. It can't happen.
The countries that have dealt with it the better have been more proactive against the virus and not just got on with it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2020, 11:41:30 am »
I had one customer phone me up, who obviously isn't short of a bob or two, offer to help me out if cash ever becomes an issue.

Slacky

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2020, 11:42:41 am »

If getting on with their lives were the strategy there wouldn't be a strategy.

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 11:57:27 am »

If getting on with their lives were the strategy there wouldn't be a strategy.
Maybe not.
It could be seen as herd immunity strategy. To me, that was never an option until we had a vaccine or know a lot more about the virus.
We might use some from of targeted herd immunity but I think we're a way off that, as things stand.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2020, 12:01:46 pm »
Fair point, I guess.

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2020, 01:20:31 pm »
I had one customer phone me up, who obviously isn't short of a bob or two, offer to help me out if cash ever becomes an issue.

That was a nice thing to offer. What was your response?

Slacky

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2020, 01:58:48 pm »
I said it was a lovely thing to offer and how grateful I was for their thoughtfulness.

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2020, 04:05:32 pm »
There’s still decent people around.

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2020, 04:59:12 pm »
Looks like another 3 weeks of restrictions lads......get out and work if u can...both the old window cleaners I know have been working(71 and 76)...on ladders too!.....if they can work anyone can!👍😀

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2020, 05:18:12 pm »
1% mortality rate so 99% of us WILL RECOVER if we get covid19.........that puts this virus into perspective.....👍

Shrek

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2020, 05:26:16 pm »
I’m taking the rest of April off then start at the beginning of May . My house will look mint by that time , although I am running out of jobs  :D

Slacky

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2020, 05:36:17 pm »
Re-boarded and felted shed roof this weekend.

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2020, 05:54:21 pm »
I’m taking the rest of April off then start at the beginning of May . My house will look mint by that time , although I am running out of jobs  :D

Itll be satisfying to finally get them all done though....my missus is doing loads while shes off work.....she loves DIY.......

Dave Willis

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2020, 05:56:14 pm »
1% mortality rate so 99% of us WILL RECOVER if we get covid19.........that puts this virus into perspective.....👍

Was that from the Daily Star?

CleanClear

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2020, 05:57:16 pm »

You're off your nut.

88k positive, 11k dead ? I make that a 1 in 8 chance, not 1 in 100.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Dave Willis

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2020, 06:01:17 pm »
He’s from Manchester, what do you expect?