Dry Clean

Re: 3 weeks now
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2020, 11:30:01 pm »
You still haven't answered my question Griff, why do you think the pointy heads are wrong when they say this virus holds little or no threat to the healthy ?
Which are you going with?
If you're saying that it holds no threat to the healthy then I think the pointy heads are wrong. I'm sure some pointy heads would back me up on this.
Little threat, I'm not sure about. It depends on how you little you mean. Is there a figure for a little threat? Or do you mean it holds a threat to a little section of the healthy population?
You're being far too vague, Dryo.
If you're healthy and under 60 then the chance of you dying from Covid 19 is around 0.2% lower again if younger, but even those who have health conditions aren't as doomed as some would make out

G Griffin

« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2020, 11:49:41 pm »
You still haven't answered my question Griff, why do you think the pointy heads are wrong when they say this virus holds little or no threat to the healthy ?
Which are you going with?
If you're saying that it holds no threat to the healthy then I think the pointy heads are wrong. I'm sure some pointy heads would back me up on this.
Little threat, I'm not sure about. It depends on how you little you mean. Is there a figure for a little threat? Or do you mean it holds a threat to a little section of the healthy population?
You're being far too vague, Dryo.
If you're healthy and under 60 then the chance of you dying from Covid 19 is around 0.2% lower again if younger, but even those who have health conditions aren't as doomed as some would make out

That's like one of Tosh's doctored links.
And there is no one on 0%.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2020, 11:57:07 pm »
If you're saying that it holds no threat to the healthy then I think the pointy heads are wrong.

The pointy heads don't say this, Griff.  You're creating an argument that no-one has made.

The statistics show there's very little chance of dying if you you're young and have no known underlying health problems.

And those young who do die will have an underlying health problem, whether it was known about or not.

But statistically speaking, if you're young, there's very little chance of dying from it.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending3april2020

I hope you're not trying to drum up fear and hysteria; there's enough disinformation knocking about without you telling lies.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

G Griffin

« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2020, 12:08:50 am »
It was an argument someone made.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2020, 12:11:58 am »
The statistics show there's very little chance of dying if you you're young and have no known underlying health problems.

And those young who do die will have an underlying health problem, whether it was known about or not.
Are you 100% sure about that?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2020, 12:17:48 am »

No, of course, not.  Nice to see you miss the main point though.  Not that that's like you. ;D

Here, take a look at the graph again and if you've any questions, just give me a shout:

You'll notice that very few young die.

And there's increasing evidence, from Italy and China this time, that the majority of people who get the Chinese Plague, don't even realise they've got it; it's such a mild disease for most.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

G Griffin

« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2020, 12:36:17 am »
I know all that!
Don't blame me that you and Dryo can't express what you really mean. I know the groups that it kills the most but the lockdown is about stopping the spread of the virus.
We all have a part to play in that even if we're not going to die from it .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2020, 01:06:39 am »

No, of course, not.  Nice to see you miss the main point though.  Not that that's like you. ;D

Here, take a look at the graph again and if you've any questions, just give me a shout:

And there's increasing evidence, from Italy and China this time, that the majority of people who get the Chinese Plague, don't even realise they've got it; it's such a mild disease for most.
I'm just watching BBC News and it's saying that 1 in 5, with no underlying health problems, are much more seriously ill. It's down to our DNA. Some young, healthy people are more at risk from coronavirus (and other things) and there's no way of knowing if they are or not, yet.
I remember Dry Clean being ill in bed for a week with a fever and a cough when he went to Alicante. But he reckons most only have mild symptoms.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dry Clean

« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2020, 06:28:10 am »

I'm just watching BBC News and it's saying that 1 in 5, with no underlying health problems, are much more seriously ill. It's down to our DNA. Some young, healthy people are more at risk from coronavirus (and other things) and there's no way of knowing if they are or not, yet.
I remember Dry Clean being ill in bed for a week with a fever and a cough when he went to Alicante. But he reckons most only have mild symptoms.
Come on Griff, give your head a wobble, if 1 in 5 of us were to get seriously ill with this virus the NHS would crumble, and I wouldn't say having to spend a week in bed with a cough and fever is something to be overly worried about, I cant be even be sure that it wasn't nothing more than a bad cold, use your loaf, they're trying bring a test onto the market that can tell if you have had the virus or not,  the reason for this is without it the majority of us will never know if we have had the virus or not, its not mild symptoms but no symptoms that the pointy heads think the majority of us will get.

Dry Clean

« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2020, 06:47:09 am »
Little or no threat was nothing more than a figure of speech, I wasn't inferring that it held no or zero threat to some people and you know that (roll eyes) as Tosh said stop trying to create an argument that nobody is making, you're getting more and more like this guy everyday.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2020, 07:01:16 pm »
judging by tonight's news it looks like it's gonna be another 3 weeks for me

G Griffin

« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2020, 12:41:30 am »
Little or no threat was nothing more than a figure of speech, I wasn't inferring that it held no or zero threat to some people and you know that (roll eyes) as Tosh said stop trying to create an argument that nobody is making, you're getting more and more like this guy everyday.

Yeah, I know.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2020, 12:43:18 am »
Do you not have to do the full 12, Jay?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2020, 08:38:04 am »
Do you not have to do the full 12, Jay?

Because of my other half yes,  she has even had messages from the government telling her not to go anywhere until it's all over

andyM

« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2020, 12:43:33 pm »
I've noticed quite an increase in people out and about on the roads this week than there was in the previous weeks since lock down.
And today i would say i've seen about 50-60% of traffic on the road that there normally is.
Some people must still think that they are on Holiday.   
One of the Plebs

NWH

« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2020, 12:48:27 pm »
We just said the same thing lots more traffic on the road over the last couple of days,I can’t understand why people are still shopping at the same time they usually would as week.
Went past Tesco’s they were queuing about a 1/4 mile round the block.

Stoots

« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2020, 07:32:05 pm »
I was thinking this today, seems to be lots of cars about, an abundance of walkers, joggers and cyclists too and i went to town today to pay about 2 months of cheques in and that was surprisingly busy.

People are getting fed up and since its hardly being policed people can do pretty much as they please.

Mike Burd

« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2020, 04:34:50 pm »
I was thinking this today, seems to be lots of cars about, an abundance of walkers, joggers and cyclists too and i went to town today to pay about 2 months of cheques in and that was surprisingly busy.

People are getting fed up and since its hardly being policed people can do pretty much as they please.
I pulled up to set of lights that two weeks ago to the day at the same time 8:30am was deserted, but today there was a queue at the lights. As you say, it’s not being policed so people are out. 

Granny

« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2020, 07:51:08 pm »
I pulled up to set of lights that two weeks ago to the day at the same time 8:30am was deserted, but today there was a queue at the lights. As you say, it’s not being policed so people are out.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1250479346424459265