Bungle

Serious Question To Those Working
« on: April 02, 2020, 11:52:38 pm »
Not trying to start any arguments. What is the reason you’re working? Is it because money is tight, bored, you need routine, fear of losing your customers,  fear of not getting the 80%, you haven’t declared much profit?

Surely if someone offered you 80% of your net profit to stay at home and chill you’d do it, right?

We look at them, they look through them.

Missing Link

Re: Serious Question To Those Working
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 12:06:03 am »
Surely if someone offered you 80% of your net profit to stay at home and chill you’d do it, right?

Who is offering us 80% of our net profit to stay home and chill?

Would you like to try again?
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

jk999

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 12:10:58 am »
So my question is what money are we meant to live on till june because  seriously in a weeks time they are not gonna lift all the rules they have in place when he reviews it ,savings dont last long and not everyone has savings ,not worried about losing customers not bored just trying not to touch my savings i have which isn't a great deal so in all honesty im working to pay my bills hope this makes sence to you

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 12:11:34 am »

So your reason to go to work on Monday is that you don’t believe you will be given 80% of your net pay from the government?

There, I tried again.

Missing Link

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 12:13:07 am »
So your reason to go to work on Monday is that you don’t believe you will be given 80% of your net pay from the government?

There, I tried again.

Still got it wrong though.

The bit I highlighted in italics for you in my first post.

When did Rishi say that?  I heard him say that we could claim the 80% and carry on trading.

jk999

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 12:13:31 am »
And to be honest if i carry on working and the government doesn't cough up then i wont be dissatisfied, maybe thats why they are telling window cleaner s and gardiner s to carry on so they can say you have all been working so no cash for you guys

Bungle

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 12:14:28 am »
So my question is what money are we meant to live on till june because  seriously in a weeks time they are not gonna lift all the rules they have in place when he reviews it ,savings dont last long and not everyone has savings ,not worried about losing customers not bored just trying not to touch my savings i have which isn't a great deal so in all honesty im working to pay my bills hope this makes sence to you

Thanks for your input. An honest answer.

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 12:16:45 am »

There, I tried again.

Still got it wrong though.

The bit I highlighted in italics for you in my first post.

When did Rishi say that?  I heard him say that we could claim the 80% and carry on trading.

Thanks for your input. So it’s a possible win win in your case.

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 12:17:30 am »

He didn't say you couldn't. Is it that frightening a prospect for you?
Busby asked a question; either answer it or chill.
I think it's a fair question.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

james peters

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 12:18:20 am »
I am baffled by this . I don't get as much as most on here in earnings . the bragging and advise seems to have stopped .
they seem to be the ones going to work , panicking .
and all the advice and posts I have done get ignored  . like  I am a numpty.

exposes them . they all feel like tits working because they know its like working on Christmas day .
no body would work in this climate unless they really have to.

Bungle

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 12:19:38 am »
Who is this busby geezer?

Missing Link

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 12:21:54 am »
He didn't say you couldn't. Is it that frightening a prospect for you?
I think it's a fair question.

Fair questions have to be honest; it was based on a false premise.  The self employed are not going to be given 80% to 'stay home and chill'.

That implies that the government want us to stop working.

They don't.

Missing Link

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2020, 12:22:39 am »

Yeh, who is Busby?

;D

Missing Link

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2020, 12:23:27 am »

Wasn't he the one who wanted police and army snipers shooting anyone who broke curfew?

Sounds like a mentalist to me.

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2020, 12:23:51 am »
It's Og; you know, Perfect Clean?
It's a joke because someone keeps replying to the wrong post.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 12:28:16 am »
I am baffled by this . I don't get as much as most on here in earnings . the bragging and advise seems to have stopped .

exposes them . they all feel like tits working because they know its like working on Christmas day .

You've been on the cider again.  I'm going to make a decent guess that your apology for posting when drunk and getting on like a mentalist was made when you were drunk.  And you're repeating it all again.

You used to be known as Sparrow Legs.  I remember you now.

A good suggestion would be to step away from the keyboard, but I don't think you will.

Bungle

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 12:31:26 am »

You've been on the cider again.  I'm going to make a decent guess that your apology for posting when drunk and getting on like a mentalist was made when you were drunk.  And you're repeating it all again.

You used to be known as Sparrow Legs.  I remember you now.

A good suggestion would be to step away from the keyboard, but I don't think you will.

Sorry but I’ve got to  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 12:32:01 am »
Not trying to start any arguments. What is the reason you’re working? Is it because money is tight, bored, you need routine, fear of losing your customers,  fear of not getting the 80%, you haven’t declared much profit?

I'll put my 80% worth in: I think it's all of the above. Maybe the last one not as much.
I don't blame anyone for working for valid reasons but some that I read are a little worrying. I can't believe the nervousness among a lot of window cleaners. I had one on the phone last night telling me what he was doing and how he'd lost customers before, after a spell out. I didn't tell him that a lot of people don't like him anyway.
A lot of window cleaners don't realise how serious this is. They are nervous but for the wrong reasons.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 12:36:38 am »
Sorry but I’ve got to  ;D

I do that at all the cider-fuelled hysterical posts.

This place would be boring without them.

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 12:44:16 am »

You're a little late to the party, Jim.
We did all the emotional stuff last week. We're all more hardened to this and accepting of others' points of view.
Only a very select few have not really been affected it. Even those that returned last week didn't do so without a lot of mental anguish. Those trying to play it cool are not really fooling anyone.
It's a lot easier for me because a lot of it is out of my hands anyway. But what I'm doing is right in my mind and I'm unwavering in that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐