Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2020, 10:20:55 pm »
Government released a statement today suggesting in a worse case scenario 20% of the working population could be out of action at any one time. Police forces stretched and only responding to serious crime. Petty crims are gonna have a field day.  Supermarket shelves will be running out  and looting will be rife. Keep calm though, Boris has got this one  !  ::)roll

CleanClear

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2020, 11:37:29 pm »
Government released a statement today suggesting in a worse case scenario 20% of the working population could be out of action at any one time. Police forces stretched and only responding to serious crime. Petty crims are gonna have a field day.  Supermarket shelves will be running out  and looting will be rife. Keep calm though, Boris has got this one  !  ::)roll

Thats the case for Police forces right now as it is ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Stoots

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2020, 07:09:48 am »
And I've got a holiday booked to northern Italy in July.....doubt I'll be going there then.

Mind you we all might end up locked down eating tins of cold beans with no business to go back to anyway.
Its the inconvenience and loss of earnings in a lockdown situation thats concerning me more than catching the bloody thing. Thinking on an end of season last minute ski holiday, but will be very last minute now. I'm going to see how the next couple of weeks play out first. A friend is already cancelling his to Italian Alps, although if the worst was to happen to him it could be a concern ( ex firefighter with lung condition ).

I was going to lake garda which is about the exact area of the biggest outbreak in Europe. Typical lol. All paid for as well don't know if we will be able to get any money back on that. Don't think anyone knows what the situation is regarding disrupted travel yet.

But you are right, what's more concerning is what will happen to out businesses in a huge outbreak. People being forced not to work could  see them cancel our services rather quickly.

It's going to be tough for a lot of businesses if this really kicks off.

Don Kee

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2020, 07:45:34 am »

I was going to lake garda which is about the exact area of the biggest outbreak in Europe. Typical lol. All paid for as well don't know if we will be able to get any money back on that. Don't think anyone knows what the situation is regarding disrupted travel yet.

You can get a refund from your airline if they’ve cancelled the flights or if the government has declared the area at risk and advised not to go there.
Pretty sure it’s the same for your hotel.

Be worth listening to this in regards to what your travel insurance covers you for:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p085f0h0

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2020, 08:26:49 am »
Itll probably be nowhere near as bad as they fear.....

Asking doctors and nurses to come out of retirement to help out?I doubt that will happen!they are the most at risk group due to their age...they've worked hard enough over the years!one of my customers I cleaned yesterday is a retired nurse...no way would she go back!.....I dont blame her...
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2020, 08:33:54 am »
The media monsters have already created hysteria and panic buying. The huge 24 hrs Tesco near me has absolutely no hand sanitiser gel of any brand on the shelves. Signs up advising no re stock for 4 days.
This has potential to be bigger than the millennium bug 😂

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2020, 08:36:55 am »
The media monsters have already created hysteria and panic buying. The huge 24 hrs Tesco near me has absolutely no hand sanitiser gel of any brand on the shelves. Signs up advising no re stock for 4 days.

Yep......their whipping it up into a huge project FEAR........ ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2020, 08:38:11 am »

It goes to show how many people dont wash their hands, with soap stocks depleating. When did you ever see a soap shelve empty or near empty lol
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2020, 09:55:39 am »

Yep......their whipping it up into a huge project FEAR........ ::)roll
I agree. But in the unlikely event the fears do become a reality its going to be complete chaos thanks in part to all this scaremainering.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2020, 10:32:03 am »
Don't worry about anyone with Lung/heart conditions, looting, no food in shops etc, as long as Daz can get to Greece in May everything will be well in the world ;D ;D

NBwcs

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2020, 12:00:24 pm »

It goes to show how many people dont wash their hands, with soap stocks depleating. When did you ever see a soap shelve empty or near empty lol
Let's face it, we've all been in public bogs and seen how many people  walk out without washing their hands. When I worked at anglian water, I had to visit a kebab shop to read a meter that was situated in the toilet at the back of the shop. I had to wait for a member of staff to finish what was obviously a dump and heard him stand up, pull his trousers up flush the loo and walk straight out without washing only to serve a customer at the counter!! I'm delighted people are buying soap/sanitizer.

NBwcs

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2020, 12:08:39 pm »

At least there's a rational to buying sanitizer, tissues etc. Some of what's going on is plain barking. The makers of corona beer have confirmed they've lost 132 million through this, mostly down to the Chinese not buying but also American and European markets. A survey was carried out of 700+ beer drinkers in the USA and 37%   said "they wouldn't drink it under any circumstances". Its just mental. A real advert for why the general public shouldn't get to vote in referendums.

nathankaye

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2020, 12:49:06 pm »

At least there's a rational to buying sanitizer, tissues etc. Some of what's going on is plain barking. The makers of corona beer have confirmed they've lost 132 million through this, mostly down to the Chinese not buying but also American and European markets. A survey was carried out of 700+ beer drinkers in the USA who said "they wouldn't drink it under any circumstances". Its just mental. A real advert for why the general public shouldn't get to vote in referendums.

Hasnt trump reduced inflation rate to help save the economy and all our great leader does is tell us to wash our hands lol
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2020, 12:57:57 pm »

Let's face it, we've all been in public bogs and seen how many people  walk out without washing their hands. When I worked at anglian water, I had to visit a kebab shop to read a meter that was situated in the toilet at the back of the shop. I had to wait for a member of staff to finish what was obviously a dump and heard him stand up, pull his trousers up flush the loo and walk straight out without washing only to serve a customer at the counter!! I'm delighted people are buying soap/sanitizer.
Yep. I had a cheeky maccy D breakfast this morning after the Tesco next door had no sanitiser  ( I'm not paranoid BTW, it's just routine to have it in van working with hoses outdoors ).  Anyways, business man at table, blowing nose in to a manky screwed up tissue that he stuffs back in his pocket and proceeds to sit down, touching, chairs, table etc..... Perfect example of how to contanimate.  I always wash my hands, know many don't, certainly avoid touching toilet door handles  😁😷😷

Dave Willis

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2020, 01:48:50 pm »
I thought the virus was air borne, if so your more likely to catch it down some sweaty gym.

nathankaye

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2020, 06:58:33 pm »
I thought the virus was air borne, if so your more likely to catch it down some sweaty gym.

Absolutely so your skin and even eye sockets etc can absorb it and thats buying a mask that covers the nose n mouth is useless.
Haha washing hands n scaring people to do so is certainly a step in the right direction but the campaign to save britain from the virus by simply washing your hands is a joke.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2020, 09:31:12 pm »
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2020, 10:43:12 pm »

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2020, 04:38:51 pm »
lets just say this coronavirus  gets out of hand or even if your involved with a head on and die ask yourself this,   what happens to your work ?????  how many of you have discussed with a partner or parents,  kids  what to do with it ? where to sell it , what your pass word is for your online work detail ??? ect ect

if you have 4k a month plus gear it could be worth 30k what are they going to do with it ?

money isnt everything in life but 30k could keep your love ones a float to help them out with costs , losing a good wage over night and having the bills roll in with out that hurts big time

trying  sorting  a funnel  while walking pass your husbands van on the drive , add in people on the phone asking where your at , then add in worrying how the morage  is getting  paid next month for a loved one  this stuff is the night mare of night mares let alone if you havnt made a will and your not married

all joking aside ask youself what would you loved one do ? 

Jonny 87

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2020, 04:45:50 pm »
lets just say this coronavirus  gets out of hand or even if your involved with a head on and die ask yourself this,   what happens to your work ?????  how many of you have discussed with a partner or parents,  kids  what to do with it ? where to sell it , what your pass word is for your online work detail ??? ect ect

if you have 4k a month plus gear it could be worth 30k what are they going to do with it ?

money isnt everything in life but 30k could keep your love ones a float to help them out with costs , losing a good wage over night and having the bills roll in with out that hurts big time

trying  sorting  a funnel  while walking pass your husbands van on the drive , add in people on the phone asking where your at , then add in worrying how the morage  is getting  paid next month for a loved one  this stuff is the night mare of night mares let alone if you havnt made a will and your not married

all joking aside ask youself what would you loved one do ?

Life insurance.

I’m worth more dead than I am alive that’s for sure.
 ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher