nathankaye

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #200 on: March 18, 2020, 06:15:49 pm »
Its not Dr Matt.. the statistics are out there, every day its very simple

Theyve tested 50,000 people and 2,000 have tested positive.  48,000 have tested negative. Simple mathematics.

Yet they are testing all high risk candidates if they want it or not.  Another older friend of mine who is very high risk had the ambulance crew call on her, dressed in white lol to do the test.
At least the ambulance crew are in full protective clothing 😁.
So those figures arent great as not all of them claim to have it anyway
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #201 on: March 18, 2020, 06:16:58 pm »
What?

Shrek

« Reply #202 on: March 18, 2020, 07:47:18 pm »
Just had a nice txt from a custard who iv never met - actually brought a tear to my eye

Hi. I know it's late so no need to reply. I've transferred for this month and next. Even if you have to self isolate and cannot do it I'm not fussed. Keep yourself and your family safe.

What a nice thing to do  :)

nathankaye

« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2020, 07:50:48 pm »
What?

I know ones who are at high risk and are on medical alert anyway due to their conditions are being checked to see if they have the virus or not. 
So in other words, they are testing a lot of people and rightly so but alot of them dont and havent said they have it anyway.  Yet due to them being very high risk, are being tested before or during isolation.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2020, 07:55:33 pm »
My mother in law, thats why she self isolating. She hasnt been tested, but she is showing all the symptoms and is basically suffering with flu.

How's she doing?

Thankfully shes on her own, so has plenty of tea bags and toilet rolls to last 😁
So far she just aches badly like you would with a flu and tired and suffers with a tight chest but so far she is managing at 60 yrs old

Plus another thing ive just remembered. They advised only to take paracetamol and not ibuprofen.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2020, 08:47:51 pm »
What?

I know ones who are at high risk and are on medical alert anyway due to their conditions are being checked to see if they have the virus or not. 
So in other words, they are testing a lot of people and rightly so but alot of them dont and havent said they have it anyway.  Yet due to them being very high risk, are being tested before or during isolation.

And on the flip side of the same coin theres numerous peeps that are isolating and they dont have it despite being tested.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2020, 02:27:59 pm »
its interesting reading some comments on the first couple of pages when the virus was early days, even though it's only been a week.    Have opinions changed much?    ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Missing Link

« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2020, 03:12:47 pm »
its interesting reading some comments on the first couple of pages when the virus was early days, even though it's only been a week.    Have opinions changed much?    ;D

Yes, some of those posts haven't aged very well.  Lee Dewing did a good one early on though.

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Stoots

« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2020, 03:35:33 pm »

As daz said

"the whole economy can't grind to a halt because of a virus"

::)roll

NBwcs

« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2020, 03:53:01 pm »
Its not the practical side of things  we have to worry about, we can quite easily clean a house and have no contact with anyone, they can easily pay on line. But if people think we' re going to be unaffected they've got a nasty shock coming to them. If we follow  other countries examples then isolation , banning of public events etc will follow and ultimately alot of people in other work sectors wont be able to work and that will impact us. If the moneys not coming in, people will cut back and window cleaning is a luxury people can do without. Add public paranoia to the mix and we will be getting cancellations.
As for just putting it down to sensationalism , some people need to wake up. Never in my lifetime have worldwide governments acted in this way, and its becoming clearer why. The mortality rate of flu varies but is about 0.15 %, So far coronavirus its 3.5% and that figure will only rise as  its based on figures of people who still have it and so may add to the amount of fatalities. Add in the mix that there are serious doubts as to the accuracy of death figures given by china and Iran  then that figure is only going to get higher. We're on the verge of something quite extraordinary.  It looks like everyones life is going to be affected one way or another.
Yawn ::)roll

Dont forget Simon Trapanis  ; ::)roll

Simon Trapani

« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2020, 03:56:18 pm »
Ok hands up but I’m still bored of the whole thing! ;D

NBwcs

« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2020, 04:21:22 pm »
Ok hands up but I’m still bored of the whole thing! ;D
Unfortunately I can see you being bored for a very long time, it's difficult to be optimistic about a quick outcome to all this. It only seems two minutes since we were all tucking into Christmas Dinner, little did we know then what was lurking around the corner. Frightening how life can turned upside down  so quickly.

nathankaye

« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2020, 04:31:40 pm »
To lighten the mood

https://youtu.be/vaUI-8RLi78
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk