The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2020, 01:03:13 pm »
I repair, refurbish and build old computers like the good old ZX Spectrum.    Components from China are all on hold and running dry
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Slacky

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2020, 02:05:23 pm »
Wont Norton Anti-Virus resolve the pc supply issue?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2020, 02:43:30 pm »
Wont Norton Anti-Virus resolve the pc supply issue?

;D ;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Bungle

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 02:45:31 pm »
Where is resin manufactured?

Hope its not China

India
We look at them, they look through them.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2020, 04:49:12 pm »

tlwcs

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 04:58:21 pm »

NBwcs

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2020, 06:55:10 pm »
Its not the practical side of things  we have to worry about, we can quite easily clean a house and have no contact with anyone, they can easily pay on line. But if people think we' re going to be unaffected they've got a nasty shock coming to them. If we follow  other countries examples then isolation , banning of public events etc will follow and ultimately alot of people in other work sectors wont be able to work and that will impact us. If the moneys not coming in, people will cut back and window cleaning is a luxury people can do without. Add public paranoia to the mix and we will be getting cancellations.
As for just putting it down to sensationalism , some people need to wake up. Never in my lifetime have worldwide governments acted in this way, and its becoming clearer why. The mortality rate of flu varies but is about 0.15 %, So far coronavirus its 3.5% and that figure will only rise as  its based on figures of people who still have it and so may add to the amount of fatalities. Add in the mix that there are serious doubts as to the accuracy of death figures given by china and Iran  then that figure is only going to get higher. We're on the verge of something quite extraordinary.  It looks like everyones life is going to be affected one way or another.

windowswashed

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2020, 07:07:00 pm »
Two school kids brought coronavirus back with them from Italy on their school half term holidays and six schools closed today here. One of my customers is a teacher and came in contact with one of the pupils infected and she and her husband are confined to home for a couple weeks so I will be blocking their drive tomorrow to clean their place and six others either side for the morning and popping a bill through them all as they all pay by bank transfer anyway so need to catch their germs at the door

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2020, 09:37:01 pm »
Its not the practical side of things  we have to worry about, we can quite easily clean a house and have no contact with anyone, they can easily pay on line. But if people think we' re going to be unaffected they've got a nasty shock coming to them. If we follow  other countries examples then isolation , banning of public events etc will follow and ultimately alot of people in other work sectors wont be able to work and that will impact us. If the moneys not coming in, people will cut back and window cleaning is a luxury people can do without. Add public paranoia to the mix and we will be getting cancellations.
As for just putting it down to sensationalism , some people need to wake up. Never in my lifetime have worldwide governments acted in this way, and its becoming clearer why. The mortality rate of flu varies but is about 0.15 %, So far coronavirus its 3.5% and that figure will only rise as  its based on figures of people who still have it and so may add to the amount of fatalities. Add in the mix that there are serious doubts as to the accuracy of death figures given by china and Iran  then that figure is only going to get higher. We're on the verge of something quite extraordinary.  It looks like everyones life is going to be affected one way or another.
Now you've put it that way you may well be right. My reply was specifically to Jester's first post that on the surface sounded like an over reaction. Truth is, if it gets to the stage where it affects us in our businesses then its already affecting everybody. we'll all be screwed.

Slacky

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2020, 09:47:51 pm »
Achooo....

Simon Trapani

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2020, 09:55:23 pm »
Yawn ::)roll

nathankaye

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2020, 10:11:45 pm »
This thing is gonna get worse before it gets any better thats for sure.
They are not in a hurry to make a vaccine thats for sure. They lost too much money on the last one, was it the swine flu that?  By the time they had it for market, it had died down a conciderable amount and they lost millions.  They wont make that mistake in a hurry, unless they know they have a huge investment/return on it.

Its already spreading to people who have not been abroad etc and by time you realise you have it, you have already passed it onto X amount of people etc.
Its already had an impact on the economy (maybe not ours at the moment) and  the internet market lol.  Never mind the stock echange
Then we have the flooded farmers fields etc etc so that has to have an impact and finally we have the eco system n environmental changes coming in which we have all felt since december of last year.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

CleanClear

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2020, 11:08:38 pm »
The mortality rate of flu varies but is about 0.15 %, So far coronavirus its 3.5% and that figure will only rise as  its based on figures of people who still have it and so may add to the amount of fatalities. Add in the mix that there are serious doubts as to the accuracy of death figures given by china and Iran  then that figure is only going to get higher.

All of that made me smile. But "mortality rate" means "death rate". If your quoted figure for Coronovirus is 3.5%, and like you say its based on people who still have it ? ;D  Can you see where we are going here ? Who is giving you these figures, its OK to say, i suspect its Tosh ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2020, 05:59:46 pm »
just crack on,put your prices up and carry on working.....as long as it doesnt affect my holiday to greece in may i dont care.... ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2020, 06:01:34 pm »
51 people infected out of 67 million people at present in the uk......get a grip!
price higher/work harder!

capn sparkle

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2020, 06:55:27 pm »
I'm gonna work from home!   :P

robbo333

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2020, 07:08:18 pm »
In 6 months, it will all be a distant memory and I can go back to worrying about the spots on my bum!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NBwcs

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2020, 07:50:46 pm »
In 6 months, it will all be a distant memory and I can go back to worrying about the spots on my bum!

"spots on the bum"?  Thats the 1st sign of coronavirus!

Stoots

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2020, 09:11:19 pm »
And I've got a holiday booked to northern Italy in July.....doubt I'll be going there then.

Mind you we all might end up locked down eating tins of cold beans with no business to go back to anyway.

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2020, 10:12:10 pm »
And I've got a holiday booked to northern Italy in July.....doubt I'll be going there then.

Mind you we all might end up locked down eating tins of cold beans with no business to go back to anyway.
Its the inconvenience and loss of earnings in a lockdown situation thats concerning me more than catching the bloody thing. Thinking on an end of season last minute ski holiday, but will be very last minute now. I'm going to see how the next couple of weeks play out first. A friend is already cancelling his to Italian Alps, although if the worst was to happen to him it could be a concern ( ex firefighter with lung condition ).