The Jester of Wibbly

Coronavirus
« on: March 01, 2020, 05:38:11 pm »
Wonder at what stage this will effect our industry?  With all the contact we have with the public throughout the day.

Commercial, residential and general public.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Slacky

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 05:41:57 pm »
This thread is as much as its ever going to affect my work.

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 06:30:46 pm »
Slacky, love it!
I have seen one joker trying to market roof cleaning and softwashing as a corona virus prevention. Hilarious.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 09:08:36 pm »
Wonder at what stage this will effect our industry?  With all the contact we have with the public throughout the day.

No more and no less than the risk to anybody else. What do you do when you are not working ?... sit safely at home behind a bolted door in a sterile environment with no interaction with family, friends or the outside world ?  We've as much or as little chance of picking up an infection  as anybody and no different to the chances of catching a cold.  The media is fuelling paranoia and hysteria.  If We were all more aware of how infections are spread and practised a good level of hygiene it wouldn't be such an issue.

Phil J

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 09:15:18 pm »
I've had 3 cancellations because of it!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 09:25:04 pm »

Carry on as normal......the economy cant ground to a halt just because of a virus......

This virus was predicted too in  a novel written in 1980.....Dean Kootz
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 09:39:20 pm »
That's just ridiculous. They were just waiting for a 'credible' excuse to skip a clean. What do you do, greet them at the door with a hug and blow your nose on their curtains ?  🤧😷

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 09:53:45 pm »
Well it won't affect me anywhere near as much as the vast majority of people who go to work... With other people.

I clean windows, very rare I come into contact with anyone when I'm out. Just clean and stick a note in. Try not to talk to customers where possible.

But if it gets really bad then it will affect all  businesses badly if everyone is off sick or having to close places down.

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 10:57:18 pm »
You have no way of preventingbcatching it as its air born and not just breathing it in and so the instant sales of facial masks is pointless.
Very similar to myself, i have a hand sterilizer spray in van that I constantly use. 

It will just have to be one of those hurdles that you have to negotiate at that particular time i suppose
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 11:17:00 pm »

😂😂😂😂

G Griffin

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 12:55:50 am »
They'd better be dead .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 05:38:56 am »
Look at these stats for ordinary influenza -  In total, 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalised and 61,200 died. Don't panic!

lee_dewing

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 07:12:37 am »
I think flu kills 0.01 % of the population

Coronavirus is 2% death rate
I think I ve read (Maybe wrong🤔)

All these figures sound minute
But is there 7.7 billion people on the planet

So possibly 144  million deaths?
Think there’s 195 countries

So an even spread would be around
1 million 3 hundred thousand each country

Maybe wrong on figures just googling 🤔

That’s more than world war 1 and 2 put together which was under 100 million internet says

How bad was swine flu can’t remember now

Did it create the same hysteria

10+ years ago

Internet is on most people’s phones now
Also most on social media

Bad news and false news travels very fast nowadays 🦠😷🤔
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2020, 07:26:38 am »
Sorry 🙆🏻‍♂️🦠

Got my maths 738 thousand odd
Evenly over 195 countries

Sorry to sensationalise 😷

I wonder if thunder snow ⛄️ can kill
The 🦠 virus
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Elfyn

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2020, 07:34:55 am »
The Tyre Services in the industrial unit next to mine has been told by his supplier that after 6 weeks they can not guarantee deliveries as the supply from South Korea and Italy has stoped. :(

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 07:47:59 am »
Where is resin manufactured?

Hope its not China

Status Check

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 07:53:09 am »
The worry became quite real for our family due to no fault of our own and it really made us think twice about how Covid-19 can effect us.
So my youngest daughter gets invited to a swimming party with her friends. The father of one of the girls offered to take three girls in his car and my wife used her car as well.  A few days later we get a call from the guy's wife to let us know that he has been admitted to hospital with suspect Covid -19 Apparently he had just returned from a business trip from Italy earlier that week. Our local health workers contacted us to ask us to self quarantine until the results came back. Of course our whole family started to get paranoid and any cough or tickle became quite worrying. So Sunday came and we get the all clear because the guy has just got the normal strain of influenza.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2020, 08:19:49 am »
Well it won't affect me anywhere near as much as the vast majority of people who go to work... With other people.

I clean windows, very rare I come into contact with anyone when I'm out. Just clean and stick a note in. Try not to talk to customers where possible.

But if it gets really bad then it will affect all  businesses badly if everyone is off sick or having to close places down.
Exactly, commuters using public transport are at far greater risk to it than ourselves.

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2020, 08:22:34 am »
Look at these stats for ordinary influenza -  In total, 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalised and 61,200 died. Don't panic!

The worry became quite real for our family due to no fault of our own and it really made us think twice about how Covid-19 can effect us.
So my youngest daughter gets invited to a swimming party with her friends. The father of one of the girls offered to take three girls in his car and my wife used her car as well.  A few days later we get a call from the guy's wife to let us know that he has been admitted to hospital with suspect Covid -19 Apparently he had just returned from a business trip from Italy earlier that week. Our local health workers contacted us to ask us to self quarantine until the results came back. Of course our whole family started to get paranoid and any cough or tickle became quite worrying. So Sunday came and we get the all clear because the guy has just got the normal strain of influenza.

Yep, dont panick unless your affected!  All the stats in the world wouldnt stop you from panicking so dont try n play it down with stats. 
This thing may or may not get bigger yet.  There is nothing wrong with being careful as long as your sensible and not overly paranoid and all walking around in an inflatable bubble
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

simon w

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2020, 12:25:27 pm »
An old biddy serving in a local petrol station had a dust mask on while she was sat there serving at the till yesterday and I was having a haircut in local Kurdish barber shop on Saturday and overheard a British born guy in his twenties probably of Pakistani heritage say that it's Allah's way of punishing the Chinese for persecution of Chinese muslims  :o ;D