Smurf

Re: How many standard average jobs do you plan for each day as a min to do?
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2016, 11:03:12 am »
I dont mean massive detached houses i mean run of the mill work as Daz would call it. Bought quite a bit of work lately thats nice and compact that isnt my famous front only runs and i struggle to do 15 somedays without it getting dark from starting at 9 on domestics  My plan was to be hitting 20/25 everyday and really smash it but it just doesnt happen, lose so much time with chatty customers and gaining access waiting about! How does that compare with others?
When i do fronts i hit 30/35 with ease without having chin wags as i get through them so fast, just a shame i havnt enough for a full month anymore from selling so much off. Will get there again soon enough when i get my arse into canvass Mick mode.

Is there such a thing as "run of the mill work" as people have different ideas what that actually means?

nathankaye

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2016, 11:23:17 am »
I don't count jobs but rather the value. In general I know what total I want each person to do and the number of jobs varies. Generally 15-20 I guess. I did my first "full day" last week for some time as someone was off Ill and I started at 11 and finished at 3:50pm with 1/2 hour lunch. I did 17 jobs.

I don't know how someone manages 30 or more. They must be tough and incredibly quick.

So given half hr break n being realistic. In four hrs you cleaned 17 houses. Now unless im thick, if that was on a compact round, in another 4hrs you could quite easily do another 17 houses unless your an ild codger whos strength would have been drained. So that shows by your own words easily 34 houses. But lets say strength does waver, perhaps it would be 30 houses.

So come on you chaps, stop saying its impossible or unbelievable or quality would suffer. It is doable and quality doesnt have to suffer and no i dont work everyday because i get my work done by wed. Five days work for you guys done in 3 days. I'll think ill stick to my methods than listen to all the rubbish on here as to whats acceptable and do able because of your own limitations
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2016, 11:43:52 am »
Splash n Dash springs to mind  ;D

SeanK

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2016, 11:54:08 am »
And there are guys who think they need to undercut him to take his work, widow cleaning is a strange business. lol.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2016, 12:46:19 pm »
I usually work 8 15 til 3, in that time I will do about 35 modern 3 bedders,  obviously I don't have this type of work everyday and when I do rural work or bigger properties then the volume of houses cleaned is less, likewise I do a lot of council 1 bed flats of which I can knock out 12 an hour, I don't  really care if others think I am a bit splash n dash, the most important thing is that my customers are happy with the quality of my work , the service I provide and the value for money they get. 

Smurf

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2016, 01:56:33 pm »
So for agument sake lets just assume a one man band using wfp method could quite easaly bash out 35 x 3 bedders a day at say 25 squid a pop in under 7 hours. That would be quite something don't you think... Not quite 1000 squid a day but getting close. lol 

Shrek

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2016, 02:19:21 pm »
So for agument sake lets just assume a one man band using wfp method could quite easaly bash out 35 x 3 bedders a day at say 25 squid a pop in under 7 hours. That would be quite something don't you think... Not quite 1000 squid a day but getting close. lol

Think your assumptions are wrong!
Especially with the price, more like between £10-£12 up north! still not bad though

Smurf

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2016, 02:24:56 pm »
What would you charge for an 8 weekly clean  then?
Or would that slow you down too much?

SeanK

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2016, 02:35:37 pm »

Exactly, but even at a tenner your talking £1750 for a five day week, if you only worked 30 weeks per year its £52.5k
not bad eh. lol.

Smurf

« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2016, 02:48:21 pm »

Exactly, but even at a tenner your talking £1750 for a five day week, if you only worked 30 weeks per year its £52.5k
not bad eh. lol.

You would defo need those other 22 weeks off as if like me would be fooked I'm thinking.

nathankaye

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2016, 02:49:01 pm »
And there are guys who think they need to undercut him to take his work, widow cleaning is a strange business. lol.

Begining to understand the likes of lee and his opinion of ones one here. Just because they cant do certain things which other can, they resort to not believing and trying to belittle. So if i get 30 or more houses done in a day it must be splash n dash. Not because i have a compact round or they are cleaned every 4 wks, but it must be splash n dash.

Nope, not lost any customers to low ballers. My other post was about how others charge silly low prices just to get work. So......ive kept my rounds for x amount of yrs cause i do rubbish work....get real chaps.

Looks like i should charge a packet and train some of you guys up so you can attempt to understand how others work and succeed. Some may have been wfp for longer but i begin to see now, that that doesnt mean youve been doing it better.  :o
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2016, 03:25:35 pm »
I am more like £7-8 a pop for a typical small modern 3 bedder without conservatory lol, hence why I said the customer gets value for money. That's just the market I live in.

Og

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2016, 03:44:23 pm »
Average job takes 45mins
Average price £25
I is in da stiks.
And I don't rush.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2016, 03:58:49 pm »

not bad eh. lol.
I don't work 5 days a week Sean, part of the reason I work hard is to get more time off.

8weekly

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2016, 04:09:35 pm »
Average job takes 45mins
Average price £25
I is in da stiks.
And I don't rush.
45 minutes seems a long time for an average job. You either "swing the lead" to justify what you think are high prices or your houses are typically very, very large. I reckon we'd do a modern 5 bed detached in under 30 minutes. I would guess our average job is 15 minutes or so.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2016, 04:33:03 pm »

Begining to understand the likes of lee and his opinion of ones one here. Just because they cant do certain things which other can, they resort to not believing and trying to belittle. So if i get 30 or more houses done in a day it must be splash n dash. Not because i have a compact round or they are cleaned every 4 wks, but it must be splash n dash.

Nope, not lost any customers to low ballers. My other post was about how others charge silly low prices just to get work. So......ive kept my rounds for x amount of yrs cause i do rubbish work....get real chaps.

Looks like i should charge a packet and train some of you guys up so you can attempt to understand how others work and succeed. Some may have been wfp for longer but i begin to see now, that that doesnt mean youve been doing it better.  :o

Ahhh you're starting to see the light. Your posts are really good but I knew they couldn't last lol

Frankybadboy

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2016, 04:42:25 pm »
couple parts of my round i can do up to 26/27 house in summer months but in must time on them parts its  noramlly 20/22

but average day is 1-20 houses

andyM

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2016, 04:52:41 pm »
Comrades,
I have found the YouTube video of fast eddie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vXV1zhmVao

I can't critique his technique actually.
Only to say I would do another rinse on the glass than he does, clean the front door and wipe downstairs sills with a cloth.

One of the Plebs

SeanK

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2016, 04:53:35 pm »

not bad eh. lol.
I don't work 5 days a week Sean, part of the reason I work hard is to get more time off.

That's why I said 30 weeks as it gives you 22  weeks or 110 working days off in whatever way suits.

Dave Willis

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2016, 05:38:02 pm »
Comrades,
I have found the YouTube video of fast eddie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vXV1zhmVao

I can't critique his technique actually.
Only to say I would do another rinse on the glass than he does, clean the front door and wipe downstairs sills with a cloth.

Not actually that fast really. Every three houses or so he's got to stop, hump out a barrel and refill his backpack. Sod that I'd need arms like legs (actually I've got arms like legs) and a new back.