8weekly

Re: How many standard average jobs do you plan for each day as a min to do?
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 07:10:39 am »
I don't count jobs but rather the value. In general I know what total I want each person to do and the number of jobs varies. Generally 15-20 I guess. I did my first "full day" last week for some time as someone was off Ill and I started at 11 and finished at 3:50pm with 1/2 hour lunch. I did 17 jobs.

I don't know how someone manages 30 or more. They must be tough and incredibly quick.

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 07:28:14 am »
30 a day would be a round of over 800 a month? Hmmm, minimim charge of £10, 80k a year,

8weekly

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 07:53:26 am »
30 a day would be a round of over 800 a month? Hmmm, minimim charge of £10, 80k a year,
Yes, but if they were 8 weekly and your average was £20...... that becomes easy. The hard part is getting the work at the price (easier in the south east ofcourse).

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 08:15:13 am »
 ;D I love this forum!

Mick Kent

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 08:28:23 am »
It isnt really about what can be earnt though as id prob smash the lot of you out the water with daily amounts on compact work  ;D ;D but i never go there, would like to know how many average houses over a 6 hour day others manage to do as i feel i could do more if i pulled my finger out a little more.  From this i cant see why im not hitting over 20 a day so when in Jan for the 2nd clean when they come up again im gonna really go for it and try smash 20/25 out. Thats the aim anyway, if not then no big deal, just means my plans will slighlty change and will have to do a bit more.

SeanK

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 08:44:03 am »
Haha, so let me get this right, because some are pushing the boat out and doing maybe 20 houses in a day, its near impossible to get the extra 10 house cleaned or more. Oh and if you do quality must suck,,,,,,,,n your telling me to get a grip haha you should be pulling your socks up and work out where your going wrong or is it an age thing!!

Im sure ive mentioned before my rounds are compact and well established, as in i clean rows of house, perhaps missing a few here n there on a street, but i have the vast majority. Clean all upstairs, walk back to begining of house n do all downstairs after brushing all sills n drip time has finished and onto next door,,,,,,,easy.

Lol did u guys trad clean before going wfp, i did for many years. But im guessing your the type of working who climb slowly up the ladder, took out the mop and wet tbe window. Put mop back into bucket on belt and pulled out the squeegee and bladed, carefully put squeegee away. Reach round to pouch and pulled out scrim, deailed the window, put back scrim and slowly climbed down ladder..........sounds boring n slow just reading it.  You must be the james may of window cleaners sean k haha

Do you also do carpet cleaning Nathan. lol.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf9I8Vvu8gI

Shrek

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2016, 08:56:38 am »
😂

8weekly

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2016, 09:15:05 am »
;D I love this forum!
Me too.  ;) I can't run a 4 minute mile but I don't doubt Mo Farah can.

30 houses is a lot, but I've seen a guy with a backpack in Scotland do a front in around a minute.

andyM

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2016, 09:34:08 am »

30 houses is a lot, but I've seen a guy with a backpack in Scotland do a front in around a minute.

Yes I remember that video too.
I'm fairly sure all of us could clean windows that quick if we were being filmed so we could big ourselves up on the mighty CIU.
I reckon i would probably have quality issues if i worked like that day in day out throughout the year.
As I remember it was early winter (maybe January) that was filmed, which in my years of window cleaning seem to be the time of year when windows stay fairly clean.
So I do take that demonstration with a pinch of salt.
One of the Plebs

sunshine windows

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2016, 09:38:14 am »
It isnt really about what can be earnt though as id prob smash the lot of you out the water with daily amounts on compact work  ;D ;D

Oh no you wouldn't!

Well it is panto season 😂😂😂
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

8weekly

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2016, 09:38:51 am »

I'm fairly sure all of us could clean windows that quick if we were being filmed so we could big ourselves up on the mighty CIU.
I reckon i would probably have quality issues if i worked like that day in day out throughout the year.
As I remember it was early winter (maybe January) that was filmed, which in my years of window cleaning seem to be the time of year when windows stay fairly clean.
We're not talking 30 houses an hour though. It's 30 houses in 8 hours.

andyM

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2016, 09:40:42 am »
I was referring to the video with front of house in about a minute.
At that speed would be hitting the half century per day.
One of the Plebs

sunshine windows

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2016, 09:43:34 am »
Volume of houses is irrelevant Mick, as I'm sure you're well aware. It's all about the 💷.

If you can't do at least 2 an hour there's something seriously wrong with the way you're working. Just a generalisation, not aimed at you.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2016, 09:44:06 am »
to clean 30 houses a day on your own whether your trad or wfp  is pushing it a bit but not impossible but you will have to work more than 6 hours a day to achieve it. ;D

i prefer steady,brisk working at a measured pace than going hell for leather.

also i dont know what other window cleaners rounds are like but ive got a lot of other larger properties as well as the ultra compact stuff.

some days im only cleaning 5 to 10 houses a day! :)
price higher/work harder!

8weekly

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2016, 09:46:11 am »
I was referring to the video with front of house in about a minute.
At that speed would be hitting the half century per day.
Yes I know. My point was that there is probably a quality/price point. £10 for a house and no one's going to quibble at a few spots are they?

chris turner

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2016, 09:52:14 am »
Haha, so let me get this right, because some are pushing the boat out and doing maybe 20 houses in a day, its near impossible to get the extra 10 house cleaned or more. Oh and if you do quality must suck,,,,,,,,n your telling me to get a grip haha you should be pulling your socks up and work out where your going wrong or is it an age thing!!

Im sure ive mentioned before my rounds are compact and well established, as in i clean rows of house, perhaps missing a few here n there on a street, but i have the vast majority. Clean all upstairs, walk back to begining of house n do all downstairs after brushing all sills n drip time has finished and onto next door,,,,,,,easy.

Lol did u guys trad clean before going wfp, i did for many years. But im guessing your the type of working who climb slowly up the ladder, took out the mop and wet tbe window. Put mop back into bucket on belt and pulled out the squeegee and bladed, carefully put squeegee away. Reach round to pouch and pulled out scrim, deailed the window, put back scrim and slowly climbed down ladder..........sounds boring n slow just reading it.  You must be the james may of window cleaners sean k haha

Yes you seem to mention it in every post 😂
As well as how many years you've been a window cleaner , not just trad but wfp! 😂
...get to the point man .
It depends on what type of houses you clean , new builds - I could defo whack a few of those out in a day , 1940s big semis - not as many in a day.

Shrek made a good point there, it does also depend on the types of houses cleaned.
Some estates are all leaded, wood frame windows where you cant just go around wiggling your magic wand spraying your fluid everywhere.
A fair few houses take longer due to these issues, as well problem openers, dodgy vents, oxidising frames, difficult access windows, houses next to large trees where there always covered in sap or debris, grannies that only use your services so they have someone to talk to.

I guess if your willing to ignore all these issues and be a bit slap dash with your work, you could easily bang out a fair few houses.
Although isn't a certain someone often posting about complaints, problem customers etc etc.
Maybe there's a connection there.

chris turner

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2016, 10:02:26 am »
Volume of houses is irrelevant Mick, as I'm sure you're well aware. It's all about the 💷.

If you can't do at least 2 an hour there's something seriously wrong with the way you're working. Just a generalisation, not aimed at you.

Not often that I agree with sunshine but it really is about the dosh.
I much prefer the price high, do as little as possible business model.
If you have to bang out 25 houses a day to make a good living then your doing something wrong, will spend your whole business life stressed, dealing with complaints.

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2016, 10:09:08 am »
2 or 3 commercials. Keep things simple

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2016, 10:17:45 am »

Not often that I agree with sunshine but it really is about the dosh.
I much prefer the price high, do as little as possible business model.
If you have to bang out 25 houses a day to make a good living then your doing something wrong, will spend your whole business life stressed, dealing with complaints.

on the days im cleaning 20-25 houses a day in 6 hours im certainly not stressed or dealing with complaints.what i like about work like this is i normally get a few brews,im not driving about wasting fuel,most are good tippers at xmas and i pick up plenty of extra add on work(f/s/g,conny roofs and solar panel cleaning),also quite a few pay me there and then so cash flow is good.reeling in is also kept to a minimum.

price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2016, 10:33:23 am »

We're not talking 30 houses an hour though. It's 30 houses in 8 hours.

Actually its between 30 and 35 and I'm sure its only a matter of time until somebody says they are doing 40, to be honest that
video impressed me but when my wife seen it she said she wouldn't have him about the place.
There's a guy in my area who does small terraced properties,two windows front and three at the back, he uses traditional methods and he would be hitting the 30 to 35 mark, he needs to because they tend to be occupied by people starting
out where money is tight, they don't tend to be the best priced.