Mick Kent

I dont mean massive detached houses i mean run of the mill work as Daz would call it. Bought quite a bit of work lately thats nice and compact that isnt my famous front only runs and i struggle to do 15 somedays without it getting dark from starting at 9 on domestics  My plan was to be hitting 20/25 everyday and really smash it but it just doesnt happen, lose so much time with chatty customers and gaining access waiting about! How does that compare with others?
When i do fronts i hit 30/35 with ease without having chin wags as i get through them so fast, just a shame i havnt enough for a full month anymore from selling so much off. Will get there again soon enough when i get my arse into canvass Mick mode.

duncan h

Re: How many standard average jobs do you plan for each day as a min to do?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 06:42:30 pm »
I dont mean massive detached houses i mean run of the mill work as Daz would call it. Bought quite a bit of work lately thats nice and compact that isnt my famous front only runs and i struggle to do 15 somedays without it getting dark from starting at 9 on domestics  My plan was to be hitting 20/25 everyday and really smash it but it just doesnt happen, lose so much time with chatty customers and gaining access waiting about! How does that compare with others?
When i do fronts i hit 30/35 with ease without having chin wags as i get through them so fast, just a shame i havnt enough for a full month anymore from selling so much off. Will get there again soon enough when i get my arse into canvass Mick mode.
So you do 9am to about 4.30pm. That's 7 hours plus a small break. Your doing something wrong lol

Mick Kent

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 06:46:44 pm »
Exactly, i cant see where im going wrong! Doing it on my own admittedly not breaking a sweat but still working, i am on the phone quite a lot which wastes time and where has been cold maybe stay in van betwee stops for 10/15mins. Maybe if i pull my finger out ill achieve what i plan to, i just want it all to be easy i guess. 

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 06:50:42 pm »
very compact smallish 3 bedders i clean around 20-25 a day working 6 hours "on the glass" usually mick.

some of them have extensions and connys too.i have 20 mins  for lunch and maybe 10 mins for a quick chat with a customer and a brew.thats it.

your probably  giving the new customers a bit more chat time than you would if you d cleaned the work for years plus you find quicker ways of cleaning the same work when you ve done them for years. ;)

high flow,hot water,univalves,xtreme poles all help too.as most of this type of work is 4 weekly you can fly round also. 8)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 06:54:58 pm »
i very rarely answer my phone when working mick and i only get in the van for lunch or to move it a few yards down the road! ;D

the day flies by working this way!

usually 9am-330pm (give or take 30 mins either morning or afternoon)

Mick Kent

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 06:57:29 pm »
Nice 1 Daz. You stated the obvious but the obvious is what i need to do! I think your right where im new to the work hence it taking so long.  Top man you fellow VAG

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 06:59:00 pm »
i also make a packed lunch and a flask every morning so no wasting time going to the bakery/chippy and i texted customers night before who have gates locked etc and even write chits and print invoices out the night before.

im always super organised which makes the day as efficient as possible.always thinking ahead to the next days work when filling up and doing my "end of day" jobs.

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 07:55:33 pm »
Very similar to the great Dasmodo for me, but I do a little bit more due to working longer.

On my own with pretty compact work I'm always pushing the 30 mark. Typical 3bed semis and the odd detached, and conservatory here and there. Prices up north can be a struggle at times so I've just honed things to be as quick and efficient as possible.

I start at 8am and usually finish for 4:30. But it's a no messing day. The odd chat here and there, but I try to keep it to a minimum. Thankfully most people are out.

I park in the best place possible to reach the most houses in one park up, as I'm cleaning the front door I put the invoice through. I stop for about 20 mins for my lunch (wife makes me a packed lunch).

I upgraded to a 650 litre "warm" tank too, and work with a high flow rate.

I usually aim to do a three bed semi in no longer than 10 to 15 minutes including parking up and writing the invoice too.

It is a hard working day but it's the way I like it.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Don Kee

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 08:01:03 pm »
Get a set of headphones
You can answer the phone and carry on working

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 08:57:54 pm »
i also make a packed lunch and a flask every morning so no wasting time going to the bakery/chippy and i texted customers night before who have gates locked etc and even write chits and print invoices out the night before.

im always super organised which makes the day as efficient as possible.always thinking ahead to the next days work when filling up and doing my "end of day" jobs.

Although I don't text custies - the above kind of organising can add between £40 and £60 to my day.
It's a game of three halves!

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2016, 09:39:07 pm »
Im thankful my rounds are mostly compact. I dont normally work with a set number of houses in mind, but in thinking of your question its probably between 30 n 35 a day.
Think its already been mentioned, but because these houses are new ish to you its bound to take a little longer. You'll find next time round you will probably be quicker and clean more in the day. Its also just tweeking little things,  a pack up for lunch, where you park, an extra jumper if cold rather than warming in van for 10/15mins as youve said, headphones which allow you to answer phone hands free are great. I use a blue tooth ear piece to answer my calls n one head phone listening to tunes so i can just crack on. Dont mind odd chin wag, as that builds the relationship with customer (less likely to replace you n great for xmas tips).
You will get there by 2 or 3 clean on new round
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2016, 09:49:41 pm »
I do about 12-15 3 bed semis a day working 9-2/3  i have nothing compact mind.

It's a nice steady day and enough

SeanK

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 10:04:48 pm »
Im thankful my rounds are mostly compact. I dont normally work with a set number of houses in mind, but in thinking of your question its probably between 30 n 35 a day.
Think its already been mentioned, but because these houses are new ish to you its bound to take a little longer. You'll find next time round you will probably be quicker and clean more in the day. Its also just tweeking little things,  a pack up for lunch, where you park, an extra jumper if cold rather than warming in van for 10/15mins as youve said, headphones which allow you to answer phone hands free are great. I use a blue tooth ear piece to answer my calls n one head phone listening to tunes so i can just crack on. Dont mind odd chin wag, as that builds the relationship with customer (less likely to replace you n great for xmas tips).
You will get there by 2 or 3 clean on new round

Get a grip on yourself 30 to 35 a day, I wonder are you the guy 8 weekly reads about on facebook.

Plankton

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 10:13:03 pm »
I do about 12-15 3 bed semis a day working 9-2/3  i have nothing compact mind.

It's a nice steady day and enough
Similar to myself but I tend to hit the glass later and finish later, (kids to school and messing about). The odd day I'll do 20 ish.
Modified; mostly detached houses.

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 10:17:07 pm »
I'd say 15-20 is do able , a good mixture of semis , detached and front onlys . To do 30-35 seems a bit unbelievable imo , not because it can't be done in a very long day but tiredness would kick in etc and I just wouldn't be able to do it

SeanK

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 11:16:15 pm »
I'd say 15-20 is do able , a good mixture of semis , detached and front onlys . To do 30-35 seems a bit unbelievable imo , not because it can't be done in a very long day but tiredness would kick in etc and I just wouldn't be able to do it

30 to 35 a day would mean 4 minimum to 5 an hour over 8 hours, as you say its possible but you certainly wouldn't be
selling a service on quality.

chris turner

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 11:56:25 pm »
I didn't even do 30-35 working in a 2 man team many years ago.... But then I am lazy.
I guess if you work in areas where you can only charge £8-£10 then you need to be doing 25 plus houses a day.
Thank fook I live in doshville and only need to do 10 odd houses a day, maybe 13 if there low priced £15 jobs ( ;D  ;D ;D ).
I'm not cut out for doing 20 plus houses a day, every single day.

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 02:51:44 am »
Haha, so let me get this right, because some are pushing the boat out and doing maybe 20 houses in a day, its near impossible to get the extra 10 house cleaned or more. Oh and if you do quality must suck,,,,,,,,n your telling me to get a grip haha you should be pulling your socks up and work out where your going wrong or is it an age thing!!

Im sure ive mentioned before my rounds are compact and well established, as in i clean rows of house, perhaps missing a few here n there on a street, but i have the vast majority. Clean all upstairs, walk back to begining of house n do all downstairs after brushing all sills n drip time has finished and onto next door,,,,,,,easy.

Lol did u guys trad clean before going wfp, i did for many years. But im guessing your the type of working who climb slowly up the ladder, took out the mop and wet tbe window. Put mop back into bucket on belt and pulled out the squeegee and bladed, carefully put squeegee away. Reach round to pouch and pulled out scrim, deailed the window, put back scrim and slowly climbed down ladder..........sounds boring n slow just reading it.  You must be the james may of window cleaners sean k haha
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

colin bird

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 06:40:20 am »
I normally do between 15-20 mixed houses per day,I find over 20 is do able,but  is boring and proper graft,not that I mind graft but I'm in a fairly good position so don't have to chase it like I used to

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 07:08:26 am »
Haha, so let me get this right, because some are pushing the boat out and doing maybe 20 houses in a day, its near impossible to get the extra 10 house cleaned or more. Oh and if you do quality must suck,,,,,,,,n your telling me to get a grip haha you should be pulling your socks up and work out where your going wrong or is it an age thing!!

Im sure ive mentioned before my rounds are compact and well established, as in i clean rows of house, perhaps missing a few here n there on a street, but i have the vast majority. Clean all upstairs, walk back to begining of house n do all downstairs after brushing all sills n drip time has finished and onto next door,,,,,,,easy.

Lol did u guys trad clean before going wfp, i did for many years. But im guessing your the type of working who climb slowly up the ladder, took out the mop and wet tbe window. Put mop back into bucket on belt and pulled out the squeegee and bladed, carefully put squeegee away. Reach round to pouch and pulled out scrim, deailed the window, put back scrim and slowly climbed down ladder..........sounds boring n slow just reading it.  You must be the james may of window cleaners sean k haha

Yes you seem to mention it in every post 😂
As well as how many years you've been a window cleaner , not just trad but wfp! 😂
...get to the point man .
It depends on what type of houses you clean , new builds - I could defo whack a few of those out in a day , 1940s big semis - not as many in a day.