SeanK

Re: WFP/wind...3 complaints in a week!
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2015, 09:16:13 am »
I cant believe that seasoned shiners on here are only finding out now that stormy weather dirties windows
very quickly.
I also cant believe that they would think customers wouldn't care if you clean them in these sort of conditions or
not, put it this way Dazmond three have complained but how many are unhappy with your service but are saying
nothing, that would be my main concern.
When I sack the day off I always clean my downstairs front windows just to see if Iv over reacted, put it this way
if I had paid for my windows to be cleaned yesterday then I would be sacking my window cleaner today.
You can hardly see through them.
Ask yourselves this, would you feel happy calling at a property where no ones at home and just putting the cleaned
slip through the door without cleaning the windows, because that what your doing when cleaning in these conditions.

kempy

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2015, 09:57:56 am »
Good point

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2015, 03:43:18 pm »
I cant believe that seasoned shiners on here are only finding out now that stormy weather dirties windows
very quickly.
I also cant believe that they would think customers wouldn't care if you clean them in these sort of conditions or
not, put it this way Dazmond three have complained but how many are unhappy with your service but are saying
When I sack the day off I always clean my downstairs front windows just to see if Iv over reacted, put it this way
if I had paid for my windows to be cleaned yesterday then I would be sacking my window cleaner today.
Ask yourselves this, would you feel happy calling at a property where no ones at home and just putting the cleaned
slip through the door without cleaning the windows, because that what your doing when cleaning in these conditions.

Daz must have a high turnover of customers then?

How many cancel Daz per month on average?

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2015, 04:06:42 pm »
UPDATE.RE-CLEANS.

had a good check of the windows on one property i cleaned last week and it was the conny and top windows that were minging as if id used soap in my pure water?anyway cleaned them again and they were virtually dry by the time id cleaned them.SPOT ON!

the front and sides of this property were ok.the back windows get most of the wind.

the second property the windows were fine apart from the 2 front top windows(again these get the full force of the wind)re cleaned.

the 3rd property it was again the 2 top windows at the front that get most of the wind that were streaky.re cleaned.

it was quite windy while cleaning today but now im home its blowing strong gusts here! ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2015, 04:14:26 pm »
very quickly.

i very rarely EVER have a cancellation.when i do its usually cos their moving/lost their job/died.

over half my customers have been with me for over 10 years.some 20+! ;)

SeanK

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2015, 04:18:37 pm »
very quickly.

I took over a 100 customers from a guy who took his eye of the ball, all good customers that had been with him for many years.
I guarantee that not one of them complained about his service before cancelling.
But your missing the point which is if your prepared to clean in weather conditions that will leave the windows as dirty
in a few hours as they where before you cleaned them then why bother, the sensible thing would be to just put a clean
slip through the door without cleaning them and collect the money.

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2015, 04:22:15 pm »
very quickly.

i very rarely get any call backs/complaints mate.in fact i honestly cant remember the last time i did until the 3 this week! ;D

itll keep me on my toes! ;)

it wont stop me working in the wind thats for sure.even if i did get a few call backs its better than just taking a day off IMO.

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2015, 04:27:12 pm »
very quickly.

I took over a 100 customers from a guy who took his eye of the ball, all good customers that had been with him for many years.
I guarantee that not one of them complained about his service before cancelling.
But your missing the point which is if your prepared to clean in weather conditions that will leave the windows as dirty
in a few hours as they where before you cleaned them then why bother, the sensible thing would be to just put a clean

I WOULD NEVER DO THAT SEAN!!at least put the brush on the glass and wet it a bit before putting a ticket through!! ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 04:28:49 pm »
In Wakefield it was sleety and windy .
Simple - day off

It's always like that in Wakefield though....

:P

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

8weekly

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 05:10:36 pm »
very quickly.

Yeah sure.  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 05:40:02 pm »
Blading off would be the answer, for Daz, wouldn't it?
He's used to blading on a pole, as well.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Clever Forum Name

Re: WFP/wind...3 complaints in a week! New
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2015, 05:45:10 pm »
very quickly.

Ah ok. One of THOSE cleaners.

I am there to clean the dirt from the previous X amount of weeks. Not to clean the windows for the future.

By your reasoning I would work about 9 days a year.

That's what I love about forums. That's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

My eye is well and truly on the ball.

8weekly

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2015, 05:48:46 pm »
very quickly.

I am there to clean the dirt from the previous X amount of weeks. Not to clean the windows for the future.

First time I've heard that. Like it.

SeanK

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2015, 06:07:11 pm »
very quickly.

Yeah sure.  ;D

Unfortunately its true and to be honest I turned a few away as my workload was fairly full, wasn't just because he cleaned
in all weathers it was because of a number of different things.
Was just using that as an example that you can push customers so far and get away with it but sometimes you can just
push too far.

8weekly

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2015, 06:19:13 pm »
very quickly.

Yeah sure.  ;D

Unfortunately its true and to be honest I turned a few away as my workload was fairly full, wasn't just because he cleaned
in all weathers it was because of a number of different things.
Was just using that as an example that you can push customers so far and get away with it but sometimes you can just
push too far.
I'm quite happy to lose a few if that few prevent me working. You're welcome to them. They're not good customers.

Jonny 87

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2015, 06:31:01 pm »
very quickly.

Ah ok. One of THOSE cleaners.

By your reasoning I woild about 9 days a year.

That's what I love about forums. That's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

My eye is well and truly on the ball.

+1

As one fellow shiner on here put it.......

"If your only window cleaning to get by, and your in it because of the lifestyle, then being a fair weather cleaner is fine. However if your in this industry to make money and run a professional business, then you don't let the customer dictate when you work."

I doubt very much that a lot of customers would cancel because you were on time but were working in poor weather. Most appreciate your running a business and have a schedule to keep.

Now if you were running weeks behind schedule because you only clean in good weather..... I could see them giving you the sack.

Here's a scenario for the fair weather cleaners only.........what do you do if Monday is forecast beautifull blue sky, sun splitting, and calm, but TUESDAY is high winds and wet? If you work on the Monday, then you may aswell be cleaning in poor weather, as by Tuesday the windows will be dirty again. There is no difference. Do you wait for a full week of good weather before you work?

One thing I'm very thankful to this forum for is helping me to appreciate this fact.

Since I've started working in all weathers every aspect of my business has improved. Not a single negative....apart from Getting wet of course.  :)

If you only work in good weather then it's one of two options, 1) you don't have a full round or 2) your consistently late and behind with work.

If your always running behind schedule then how many customers are you irritating? Even though they don't mention it to your face? It's been a lovely week of weather and you still havnt cleaned there filthy windows because your playing catch up, so much so that they even go out and clean their own windows because they have no idea when to expect you. Surely running a tight schedule and being on time is the lesser of two evils? Plus you make more money......which is the main point.

Bit of a long post but it's something I'm truly gratefull for thanks to this forum, and if it gets through to one I two others then it's worth it.

;D

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

gary999

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2015, 06:38:05 pm »
Got bore before I finished reading ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2015, 06:40:28 pm »
very quickly.

It is a good point
But a few hours of clean windows isn't much to ask, is it?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SB Cleaning

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2015, 06:56:20 pm »
very quickly.
How can you mantain a regular and reliable service if you don't clean in the wind and rain?

Most of my custys understand I need to make a living so have to work in the rain and wind...I also offer a 24 hr callback service in which I've only ever been called back twice in 5 years!!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2015, 06:56:45 pm »
very quickly.

It is a good point
But a few hours of clean windows isn't much to ask, is it?  ;D

Proper lol. NO! Not even 2 hours sorry.