gary999

Re: WFP/wind...3 complaints in a week!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 10:29:38 pm »
If dry and windy...blade dry minimises problems

wet and windy..i don't bother..day off

Plankton

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 11:13:04 pm »
We have had this a few times, we just go back and clean house again!
We dont offer a rain guarantee or the like we just understand if the customer isnt happy fix it :-)
 Doesnt happen very often hence we just re-clean whole house (within reason ;-))

Look at as if you'd had the day off nothing earnt, having to go back and spend another x minutes cleaning a house or 2, small price to pay.

Very good point there but I think its a bit of a brass neck taking the chance. It's not looking good for tomorrow but I'll keep your words in mind for the morning.

kempy

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2015, 12:37:00 am »
I never clean in winds , it's absolutely pointless . Most window cleaners know this .

If persons need to clean in winds then to me it's a gamble .
I would hate to pay someone £10 , and then a hour or the next day you see the wind dirty them up again .
If your working and you have the doubt in your mind that the wind will dirty them , then you know the answer - chill out and take the day off

To blame the vision I feel is harsh , lol ...
It's been fine for you mostly  for say 8 weeks or more , then you clean in the winds and then say it's the vision .
I think the WIND is the big fundamental factor

CleanClear

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2015, 12:42:44 am »

the windows on one side of both properties were truly AWFUL!!as if id cleaned the windows with high tds water.these were indeed cleaned in very strong wind.

They'll just be the sides you used vision on, eh ? Makes sense...........
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

kempy

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2015, 12:52:22 am »
In Wakefield it was sleety and windy .
Simple - day off

rosskesava

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2015, 01:06:25 am »
Strong winds from the S or SW around here and I don't bother if the house is near the coast or on higher ground within about half a mile.

Trouble is that during the last few years is that it's becoming the norm during winter and spring sometimes for weeks on end.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 06:37:41 am »
I never clean in winds , it's absolutely pointless . Most window cleaners know this .

If persons need to clean in winds then to me it's a gamble .
I would hate to pay someone £10 , and then a hour or the next day you see the wind dirty them up again .
If your working and you have the doubt in your mind that the wind will dirty them , then you know the answer - chill out and take the day off

To blame the vision I feel is harsh , lol ...
It's been fine for you mostly  for say 8 weeks or more , then you clean in the winds and then say it's the vision .
I think the WIND is the big fundamental factor
Good old Daz eh ;D

chris turner

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2015, 07:13:00 am »
Dazmond I actually agree with you regarding vision spotting in wind or even if it's breezy.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist with my work, often checking windows before I move on to the next house and for years iv always been very happy with the results.
However since using vision and especially on breezy/windy days i have noticed some spotting, not major but enough for me to feel slightly insecure that something isn't right.
I'm sometimes getting spotting In places I just wouldn't normally expect it, in an area about a third of the way down the glass yet nothing at the top of the glass ( where you would expect it most) and nothing at the bottom.
I think the bubbles are catching the dirt whisked up in the wind and not having a chance to run off the glass quick enough.
I may be wrong but is it really coincidence that 2 guys who have been poling hassle free for years both start having issues when using the same product.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2015, 07:28:31 am »
Dazmond I actually agree with you regarding vision spotting in wind or even if it's breezy.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist with my work, often checking windows before I move on to the next house and for years iv always been very happy with the results.
However since using vision and especially on breezy/windy days i have noticed some spotting, not major but enough for me to feel slightly insecure that something isn't right.
I'm sometimes getting spotting In places I just wouldn't normally expect it, in an area about a third of the way down the glass yet nothing at the top of the glass ( where you would expect it most) and nothing at the bottom.
I think the bubbles are catching the dirt whisked up in the wind and not having a chance to run off the glass quick enough.
I may be wrong but is it really coincidence that 2 guys who have been poling hassle free for years both start having issues when using the same product.

Are you using 1ML to 100L ?

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2015, 07:30:57 am »
Windy again today - might take March off everyone knows March is windy. April I won't work 'cos it's showery might do a bit in May.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 07:41:28 am »
KEMPY  ok maybe blaming vision was a bit harsh mate. ;D

my work ethic is a bit different than yours in so far as i very rarely have a day off if i have work to do whatever the weathers doing as i like to keep on schedule as much as possible that includes working in rain/wind/sleet/hail/light snow etc.

its not that i need to work cos im short of money its just how i run my business to maximise earnings and not get behind schedule.

i cant remember when i last had a complaint/call back before this week.

price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 07:43:18 am »

dry and windy is the worst conditions for wfp.if its wet and windy not too bad as the dust is kept down with the rain.

PoleKing

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2015, 07:47:08 am »

my work ethic is a bit different than yours in so far as i very rarely have a day off if i have work to do whatever the weathers doing as i like to keep on schedule as much as possible that includes working in rain/wind/sleet/hail/light snow etc.

its not that i need to work cos im short of money its just how i run my business to maximise earnings and not get behind schedule.

Thought you had a week off every month, Daz?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2015, 08:06:33 am »

only when ive got through all my work mate and im up to date with work.not a chance this month as ive got a load of 8 weekly jobs due to be cleaned this week. ;)

8weekly

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2015, 08:12:22 am »

only when ive got through all my work mate and im up to date with work.not a chance this month as ive got a load of 8 weekly jobs due to be cleaned this week. ;)
We're the complaints 8 weekly or 4 weekly jobs?

Jonny 87

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2015, 08:22:15 am »

Daz I'm the same as you. I clean in all weathers, unless it's blowing a gale and torrential rain at the same time then I crack on.

The way I look at it is that you could clean someone's windows on a beautifull clear Monday morning, then on Tuesday it could unexpectedly be wet and windy. The weather is unpredictable and windows get dirty. Imagine how dirty the windows would be if we hadn't cleaned them before the storms? You just have to crack on.

Regarding your worries about vision I understand that you'd be concerned, but I can honestly say it's not the case. Of anything it's the opposite. I've still got a small round that myself and my dad work together. I do all the upstairs windows WFP and he follows doing all lower windows by trad. It's not ideal, but works well on this particular run.

Anyway I went back a week later to do a gutter clean on one property and the whole front of the house (most exposed side) was filthy. We had snow, sleet and high winds for a few days on end.

The interesting thing though is that the downstairs windows that were cleaned trad (using pure water and ecover)were far dirtier than the upstairs that were cleaned using pure and vision. Read into that what you will, but external poor weather is the blame of dirty windows and not the quality of your water.

If anyone is unsure it's easy to do a test.....clean one of your windows at home with just pure, and one window next to it with pure/vision. I've done this myself and found the windows cleaned with pure/vision stayed cleaner for longer than just pure.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2015, 08:23:48 am »
Strong winds from the S or SW around here and I don't bother if the house is near the coast or on higher ground within about half a mile.

Trouble is that during the last few years is that it's becoming the norm during winter and spring sometimes for weeks on end.

it must be truly awful for you mate working near the coast.is it ever NOT windy in these parts of the country?how do you make a living out of cleaning windows with wfp? :(

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2015, 08:25:01 am »

We're the complaints 8 weekly or 4 weekly jobs?

both

gary999

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2015, 08:35:33 am »

dry and windy is the worst conditions for wfp.if its wet and windy not too bad as the dust is kept down with the rain.

Actually daz that's not necessarily true.Dry and windy days..i dry glass after
wfp I get very few problems.

Bear in mind  a lot of my work is on busy roads...if it is wet and windy and traffic
constantly going past...glass gets wet again after drying and the pollution in the
air gets stuck in the droplets, when it drys it leaves a mess.

wet and windy days for me are the worst so I don't bother

gary999

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2015, 08:39:07 am »
by windy I mean blowing a gale...not a gentle breeze
 :)