dazmond

WFP/wind...3 complaints in a week!
« on: March 02, 2015, 09:10:28 pm »
one last week and two tonight while collecting.

the windows on one side of both properties were truly AWFUL!!as if id cleaned the windows with high tds water.these were indeed cleaned in very strong wind.

im going back tomorrow to re clean the offending windows.one customers windows were that bad ive waived the price of the clean and will be giving her a free clean.

ive had the odd spotting before now when cleaning in high winds but nothing as bad as the windows ive seen tonight. ::)roll

God knows how many other customers windows are crap as ive cleaned all day today in very strong wind as well!

im sure they are worse with vision in my water? ::)roll

so what do you guys do?im thinking of blading the windows top and bottom when cleaning in strong winds as im not one to have a day off very often when ive got work to do.i have a trad pole so i could pop a squeegee on the end and blade water off after wfp on the windy side of the properties.

your thoughts guys and/or experiences with cleaning in windy weather?

thanks in advance

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

Re: WFP/wind...3 complaints in a week!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 09:18:38 pm »
Strong winds - day off

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:19:33 pm »
I've been cleaning today in big gusts of wind. My van windscreen has been filthy every time a shower comes through.

Luckily I don't offer a rain guarantee - buggered if I'm cleaning them all over again!

kendrick

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:23:52 pm »
Iv tried blading windows after wfp and it makes a right mess when window is dry

mgba_78

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 09:26:45 pm »
We have had this a few times, we just go back and clean house again!
We dont offer a rain guarantee or the like we just understand if the customer isnt happy fix it :-)
 Doesnt happen very often hence we just re-clean whole house (within reason ;-))

Look at as if you'd had the day off nothing earnt, having to go back and spend another x minutes cleaning a house or 2, small price to pay.

Oooooo that is shiny!!

wfp master

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 09:28:23 pm »

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 09:30:12 pm »
Strong winds - day off

Darran

sorry Darran did you say take the day off? ;D

it doesnt compute with my work ethic matey! ;D

theres been 3 or 4 very windy days over the last week here in the north west. im not taking the week off thats for sure.i think the only solution is to blade off the water on the windy side of the properties methinks.

i also think having vision in my water hasnt helped either. :(

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 09:36:01 pm »
I've never had a problem when cleaning in strong winds.

Maybe it is the Vision?  Perhaps it's drying too quick in the wind or something so it spots?

Andy

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 09:38:04 pm »
We have had this a few times, we just go back and clean house again!
We dont offer a rain guarantee or the like we just understand if the customer isnt happy fix it :-)
 Doesnt happen very often hence we just re-clean whole house (within reason ;-))

Look at as if you'd had the day off nothing earnt, having to go back and spend another x minutes cleaning a house or 2, small price to pay.

im edging towards your view of things mate.i cant remember when i last had a complaint until these 3 this last week!!

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 09:40:24 pm »
Iv tried blading windows after wfp and it makes a right mess when window is dry

ehh?? ::)roll

windows ARE DRY once you blade them off after wfp?

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 09:42:01 pm »

Maybe it is the Vision?  Perhaps it's drying too quick in the wind or something so it spots?

Andy

its defo put me off using it anymore andy thats for sure.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 09:52:19 pm »
Strong winds - day off

Darran

sorry Darran did you say take the day off? ;D

it doesnt compute with my work ethic matey! ;D

theres been 3 or 4 very windy days over the last week here in the north west. im not taking the week off thats for sure.i think the only solution is to blade off the water on the windy side of the properties methinks.

i also think having vision in my water hasnt helped either. :(

Been out today and been cleaning on new estates. Ya know the ones, concrete jungles. Picked up 3 new customers, checked back and all were dusty due to wind. Re cleaned the fronts on one house and just used pure water no vision (barrel DI water) Same results. I thought vision has done me over as well. But nope. Lack of rain and dusty here :)

Johnny B

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 10:00:38 pm »
Strong winds - day off

Darran
+1

+2. Can catch up once winds have dropped.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 10:01:43 pm »
Lack of rain ???
Torrential Saturday afternoon, yesterday afternoon, last night and this morning first thing. Didn't check the wind direction to see where the dirt is coming from. Sometimes get a bit of sahara round our way.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 10:04:10 pm »
It's just the wind, but other factors as well, the year before last we had strong easterly winds, this resulted in salt spray in the air as far 20 miles inland, no matter what you were going to clean with dust and salt were constantly hitting the glass.

Westerly winds are better for us as they have come across country but I see little point cleaning glass when the rinse water starts rising up above the window instead of down  :o

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 10:07:05 pm »

Andy

its defo put me off using it anymore andy thats for sure.

Your such a drama queen  ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 10:07:59 pm »
Lack of rain ???
Torrential Saturday afternoon, yesterday afternoon, last night and this morning first thing. Didn't check the wind direction to see where the dirt is coming from. Sometimes get a bit of sahara round our way.

I assumed the whole of the UK had lack of rain. This year has been unbelievable dry here

PoleKing

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 10:12:02 pm »
That'll teach you to go collecting, Daz.
If they'd paid online, you'd not've seen them for a month and they'd've forgot how bad the clean was  ;D
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 10:18:13 pm »
That'll teach you to go collecting, Daz.
If they'd paid online, you'd not've seen them for a month and they'd've forgot how bad the clean was  ;D

;D ;D ;D