duncan h

Re: Trad is always superior in customers eyes over wfp
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 07:03:32 pm »
i just tell them its against the law to use ladders for window cleaning and that they are liable for a £1000 fine if they let someone on there property who does.. i don't get questioned after that
Would love to quote this one. Not sure if its true. Working above 6 metres on a ladder? Using other methods if possible? Whats law, whats  H&S. Sky fitters etc use a ladder, roofers etc

Rob @ Cleaner Planner

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 07:11:00 pm »
Anyone want to take a road trip down to sunny Worthing and show'em how it's done ;D

Free CP account account to whoever can not only reach my veluxes but actually get them squeaky clean (not just knock them about with a long wet pole like the other guy did ;))

Actually I'd probably owe you £5 wouldn't I  :-\

p1w1

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 07:17:40 pm »
i just tell them its against the law to use ladders for window cleaning and that they are liable for a £1000 fine if they let someone on there property who does.. i don't get questioned after that
Would love to quote this one. Not sure if its true. Working above 36 metres on a ladder? Using other methods if possible? Whats law, whats  H&S. Sky fitters etc use a ladder, roofers etc
No mate its not  I'm just takingI the pee  :D

PoleKing

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 07:20:38 pm »
Anyone want to take a road trip down to sunny Worthing and show'em how it's done ;D

Free CP account account to whoever can not only reach my veluxes but actually get them squeaky clean (not just knock them about with a long wet pole like the other guy did ;))

Free CP for life? I'd do 'em.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Rob @ Cleaner Planner

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 07:23:25 pm »

Well, for as long as you clean my windows!

As I say, I pay my trad guy £30. Think I used to pay the wfp guys £25 (how convenient ;))

Whereabouts are you? Ah... probably can't stretch to petrol money from Lincolnshire!

PoleKing

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 07:35:17 pm »

Well, for as long as you clean my windows!

As I say, I pay my trad guy £30. Think I used to pay the wfp guys £25 (how convenient ;))

Whereabouts are you? Ah... probably can't stretch to petrol money from Lincolnshire!

Lol. I work all over bud.
I'll come and do a free clean next time I'm down your way.
Got family in Haywards Heath too.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Rob @ Cleaner Planner

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 07:43:25 pm »
Lol. I work all over bud.
I'll come and do a free clean next time I'm down your way.
Got family in Haywards Heath too.

Nice one, yeah Haywards Heath ain't far give me a shout :)

Would be good to see wfp done properly, I think the other guys were jokers to be honest.

SeanK

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 07:48:50 pm »
A quality traditional cleaner is like a quality cabinet maker who uses quality wood and methods to produce
his furniture.
A quality wfp cleaner is like Ikea and its flat pack furniture.
Both will do the job and we know who will make the most money, but who's furniture would we like to own ?

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 08:07:57 pm »
I would go through all your CP accounts and see if you can spot the trad cleaner. (he'll be the one with the mondeo, new bucket once a year and scrims in his business expenses).

paul13

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 08:32:00 pm »
A quality traditional cleaner is like a quality cabinet maker who uses quality wood and methods to produce
his furniture.
Both will do the job and we know who will make the most money, but who's furniture would we like to own ?

::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

robbo333

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2014, 08:53:05 pm »
his furniture.

Interesting analogy! Unfortunately most of my custies have enough trouble trying to remember to leave their bl***y gate unlocked. I fear anything more meaningful could be lost.  ;)
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

8weekly

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2014, 08:59:51 pm »

Does your trad guy clean the veluxes? I clean them from the outside with wfp, but I find them virtually impossible to get perfect. You can't get the pressure on them. Mind you, a trad guy can't do them at all from the outside generally.

p1w1

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2014, 09:06:03 pm »

Does your trad guy clean the veluxes? I clean them from the outside with wfp, but I find them virtually impossible to get perfect. You can't get the pressure on them. Mind you, a trad guy can't do them at all from the outside generally.

i'd agree with that, it is virtually impossible to get them perfect when you cant get good pressure on them

Rob @ Cleaner Planner

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2014, 09:10:26 pm »
Trad guy doesn't touch them, wfp guy could reach them but not get them clean, guess I should just let them into the loft!

Johnny B

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2014, 11:56:25 pm »
I'm trad and do velux windows. I go up the ladder and use a pole, even detailing the edges. I've never had a complaint about them not being done well enough.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2014, 12:44:34 am »
to clean Velux windows properly get up the step ladder pull the window right around and use a damp magic eraser pad to deep clean the glass, it does not matter how dirty the glass is because the pad will just eat through the grime, then just finish off with your microfibers or scrim, turn it back out and do the inside which are usually simple to clean, if the customer is not prepared to pay for this then you know what they can do.

martin hulstone

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2014, 01:04:22 am »
Trad will always be better, WFP is a good alternative ie you wont break bones! Anybody who says wfp is better is talking out of their a...e. i did trad for 17 years, done wfp for 3 years its good but you cant give attention to detail. when i clean bottoms i spend ages removing bees wax, 1st, 2nd, 3rd floor i dont see it so my job cant be that good.
Its a great alternative and the weeks wage is better. and thats all.

Johnny B

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 01:56:15 am »
Trad will always be better, WFP is a good alternative ie you wont break bones! Anybody who says wfp is better is talking out of their a...e. i did trad for 17 years, done wfp for 3 years its good but you cant give attention to detail. when i clean bottoms i spend ages removing bees wax, 1st, 2nd, 3rd floor i dont see it so my job cant be that good.
Its a great alternative and the weeks wage is better. and thats all.

I have been trad 17 years also. I give a lot of attention to detail (almost to the point of OCD), so I get excellent results every time. Whenever I have asked questions with regard to changing over, I have always then decided to stick to what I am comfortable with. Were I to change over to wfp, I can imagine using much, much more water than would probably be required, as I would go over and over the glass to be sure that I was cleaning thoroughly, and even then I would not be confident that the glass would be clean enough for me. I appreciate that the financial rewards for using wfp are higher, but then so are the costs to run and maintain the system compared to traditional.

Best wishes,
John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 06:38:50 am »
I've had 3 complaints since going to wfp 2 years ago and non for 18 months.
You can obsess about little marks etc all you want but I the fact is it works well.

8weekly

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 06:41:52 am »
his furniture.

Not a good comparison as the trad guy would have nice upholstery but dodgy frames.  ;)