Mick Kent

Trad is always superior in customers eyes over wfp
« on: August 05, 2014, 02:56:31 pm »
Was doing some canvassing last night replacing the dropouts over the last few months so im not on a loss at all and came across many asking how i did them, i said via wfp and they said they want someone who will do it properly and not just squirt water and leave them wet...
Makes me laugh, it costs thousands to get all set up properly via wfp yet the public still prefere a trady as feel they are getting more for there money!.
Anyone else found this lately?

Rob @ Cleaner Planner

Re: Trad is always superior in customers eyes over wfp
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 03:34:56 pm »
Right so I'm prepared to be educated on this one not being a window cleaner myself ;)

I have a trad windy and specifically went that route after getting poor results with a slick 4 man in a van wfp operation.

Takes the trad guy a good hour to clean our house and conservatory = £30 which I'm happy to spend because he takes his time and the windows come up spotless.

I only tried one wfp guy so maybe it was just bad luck?

Can obviously see why wfp makes more sense as a business model ;) but is it really possible to get as good if not better results with wfp?

Lol, preparing for the onslaught!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 04:28:36 pm »
Rob ya traitor lol

tlwcs

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:34:39 pm »
I always say Decorators use the same tools, some are good, some are crap.
Now let me splash your windows.
Get with it Rob, (window above the conny) you'll be telling us next you still use windows 95
Nothing wrong with trad, just wfp aint bad in the right hands
Tony

britishwill

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 04:36:12 pm »
Their obviously not used to cleaning windows by WFP!

Rob @ Cleaner Planner

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 04:38:12 pm »
Lol, good point about the window above the conny, I've never actually watching him do that one (I know he's got some pole gear in the van as well ;))

Yep, I'll take the decorator thing, some are so, so bad it's a joke... We know a brilliant decorator now and I almost don't recommend him to people in case he gets too busy!

Tom White

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 04:58:33 pm »
Who cares about whether trad or wfp is superior in the customer's eyes?  Seriously!  I use WFP and have a fairly large amount of work and have no problems retaining customers.

If you think the bottom line is what the customers think of their windows, then you've got a lot to learn. 

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 05:24:10 pm »
From a customers perspective or not, a window cleaned properly trad will be no different to a window cleaned properly wfp. If anything the window cleaned trad could be considered superior because it is left dry and if its completely clean ( or not ) it is obvious straight away before you have left the property, nobody can really argue with that. ( but I'm sure some smart ars e will )
Wfp is obviously safer though and the hourly rates achieved are ( usually ) higher and thats why I am 95 % wfp.
Very rarely have I had a customer complain about the method used outrightly, not to say though that the few who have cancelled have been less than forthcoming with their true reasons but I couldn't really care less anyway.

SeanK

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 05:29:11 pm »
WFP is a totally crap way of cleaning windows but luckily for us most trad guys don't
set the bar too high.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 05:31:49 pm »
ive got a few customers who initially werent happy when i said i used wfp to clean their windows.i simply said "do not pay me if your not happy with the results"

result? ;D HAPPY CUSTOMERS!and money paid.they ve never mentioned me using wfp again! ;)
price higher/work harder!

paul13

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 05:47:47 pm »
From a customers perspective or not, a window cleaned properly trad will be no different to a window cleaned properly wfp. If anything the window cleaned trad could be considered superior because it is left dry and if its completely clean ( or not ) it is obvious straight away before you have left the property, nobody can really argue with that. ( but I'm sure some smart ars e will )
Wfp is obviously safer though and the hourly rates achieved are ( usually ) higher and thats why I am 95 % wfp.
Very rarely have I had a customer complain about the method used outrightly, not to say though that the few who have cancelled have been less than forthcoming with their true reasons but I couldn't really care less anyway.

The window might look better left dry but what about all the soap residue left on the glass and in the seals
of the window. Its a fact wfp leaves glass and surrounds cleaner when used properly. ;)

8weekly

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 05:49:22 pm »

If you think the bottom line is what the customers think of their windows, then you've got a lot to learn. 

Wow! Spot on.

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 06:07:36 pm »

The window might look better left dry but what about all the soap residue left on the glass and in the seals
of the window. Its a fact wfp leaves glass and surrounds cleaner when used properly. ;)
like i said above, theres always one !  ;D
Fact - cleaning windows with wfp leaves windows free of any soap film or residue thus windows stay cleaner for longer without attracting airborn particles or dust requiring them to be cleaned less regularly ( but lets keep that to ourselves shall we ?  :D )

jk999

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 06:08:53 pm »
I watched three different trad guys clean windows and not one cleaned a frame

ascjim

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 06:17:10 pm »
Who cares about whether trad or wfp is superior in the customer's eyes?  Seriously!  I use WFP and have a fairly large amount of work and have no problems retaining customers.

+1

paul13

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 06:31:10 pm »

like i said above, theres always one !  ;D
Fact - cleaning windows with wfp leaves windows free of any soap film or residue thus windows stay cleaner for longer without attracting airborn particles or dust requiring them to be cleaned less regularly ( but lets keep that to ourselves shall we ?  :D )

;)
This is a simple fact that unfortunately a lot of cleaners don't understand and are unable
to answer the custy when confronted with the you only squirt water at the windy's brigade.
WFP leaves water marks nothing to do with the years of soap sitting in your rubbers.

My understanding is soap was introduced to window cleaning to make the squeegee glyed
over the glass easier and IMO this makes sense. I must admit I do enjoy getting a cust'y telling
me how rubbish WFP is in the early years I lost custy's but now very rare after my speech ;D
I simply say as dazmond says don't pay till your 100% happy ;)

p1w1

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 06:37:17 pm »
i just tell them its against the law to use ladders for window cleaning and that they are liable for a £1000 fine if they let someone on there property who does.. i don't get questioned after that

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 06:37:38 pm »
Right so I'm prepared to be educated on this one not being a window cleaner myself ;)

I have a trad windy and specifically went that route after getting poor results with a slick 4 man in a van wfp operation.

Takes the trad guy a good hour to clean our house and conservatory = £30 which I'm happy to spend because he takes his time and the windows come up spotless.

Can obviously see why wfp makes more sense as a business model ;) but is it really possible to get as good if not better results with wfp?

Stick to selling software mate :) .
Anyway, I won't buy your software unless you program it in CP/M.  I like people to do things the hard way as it helps me to believe that I've had my money's worth :)

Jonny 87

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 06:58:28 pm »
I'm picking up LOADS of work in my areas from trad guys.

Customers see me working and cleaning all the frames and not walking in tiled roofs.

I've not had a genuine complaint in about 2 years now, and work is coming in by the boat load from recomendations.

In my opinion WFP is superior to trad in the hands of a pro. :)

Every time I pick up a new customer from a trad cleaner and I have to spend ages cleaning all the mildew and soap residue out the seals it reminds me how good WFP is.

👍
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

supernova77

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 07:01:19 pm »
Right so I'm prepared to be educated on this one not being a window cleaner myself Wink

Can obviously see why wfp makes more sense as a business model Wink but is it really possible to get as good if not better results with wfp?

Rob,

I think you should "drag & drop" the trad guy and go WFP.

Andy  ;)