KLEENAWAY

Re: Why? Facelift
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 10:56:48 pm »
To be honest stephen i have used both poles side by side and richy wilts place and couldn't really see the difference. The facelift poles did seem stiffer.....BUT the poles that were shown there didn't have pole hose in, brushes on and the weren't 8 months old like my clx is. The jury is still out in my opinion on the clamps as they haven't had months of day to day use like my clx pole has had. I hope that everything is brilliant with the range of poles because at the end of the day the people that will end up better off is us, the window cleaners.

Danny

Stephen Fox

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 10:58:19 pm »

Who doesn't get defensive and "antsy" when a claim is made about inaccuracy of measurements?

Hmmmmmmm .... ?

If your making out Alex doesn't then I think you should look back at some of his posts! The minute someone attacks a Gardiners pole he is all over it!

CleanClear

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 10:59:41 pm »
Ok.... So if Alex is right we are 'very' unprofessional and if he is wrong then............? Is he unprofessional or will he still be professional? One rule should fit all, no?

I'd doubt he's wrong, but if he was i reckon he'd apologise. You where very quick to jump in with the "biased" claim. Personally i think you should of left it and not replied, might of looked better for you.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 11:01:43 pm »
To be honest stephen i have used both poles side by side and richy wilts place and couldn't really see the difference. The facelift poles did seem stiffer.....BUT the poles that were shown there didn't have pole hose in, brushes on and the weren't 8 months old like my clx is. The jury is still out in my opinion on the clamps as they haven't had months of day to day use like my clx pole has had. I hope that everything is brilliant with the range of poles because at the end of the day the people that will end up better off is us, the window cleaners.

Danny

:o :o about as pointless as a chocolate fire guard then!!!!!

Stephen Fox

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 11:02:07 pm »

Danny

Danny, never a wiser word said. Time will tell.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 11:03:40 pm »
Ok.... So if Alex is right we are 'very' unprofessional and if he is wrong then............? Is he unprofessional or will he still be professional? One rule should fit all, no?

I'd doubt he's wrong, but if he was i reckon he'd apologise. You where very quick to jump in with the "biased" claim. Personally i think you should of left it and not replied, might of looked better for you.

I know, late night glass of wine...........

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2012, 11:04:12 pm »

Who doesn't get defensive and "antsy" when a claim is made about inaccuracy of measurements?

Hmmmmmmm .... ?

If your making out Alex doesn't then I think you should look back at some of his posts! The minute someone attacks a Gardiners pole he is all over it!

Interesting partial quote Stephen ... I just asked the question; but perhaps you would like to highlight an example of your assertion about Alex for us to consider?

If you post any examples then we might consider if you have posted in context and if Alex's highlighted responses are fair, are trustworthy and have the "ring of truth" about them?
It's a game of three halves!

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 11:06:41 pm »
Alcoholic?

Halfadaylee

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 11:06:53 pm »
If these poles have sold so well, why can't some else weight it and confirm the weight.

because the scales are all made in china and read differently

Its a well know fact the post like TV, always adds a couple of pounds
Art

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 11:16:09 pm »
I believe 2 people have given a review so far regarding the phoenix. Can anyone answer my question regarding the poles please? Are the published spec's right or wrong? PLEASE
If it was my pole company I would be straight on it!
YES or NO
TO BE or NOT TO BE

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 11:16:18 pm »

Danny

:o :o about as pointless as a chocolate fire guard then!!!!!

Not really mate, you could tell that their wouldn't be much in them. A couple did have brush's on but the were big daft unger ones so you couldnt really compare 100%. Facelift have defo got good poles, as good as gardiners?? I really dont know. I think a lot comes down to customer service as well.....if brodex were to release a pole to compete with a gardiners, would i buy it? Would i feck! I think everyone needs to chill out slating facelift, for the moment at least. Give it 6 months and wait and see how everything is when it all settles down. As window cleaners we cant really loose....the more competition the better i think

Danny

Stephen Fox

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 11:20:58 pm »

Hmmmmmmm .... ?

Interesting partial quote Stephen ... I just asked the question; but perhaps you would like to highlight an example of your assertion about Alex for us to consider?

If you post any examples then we might consider if you have posted in context and if Alex's highlighted responses are fair, are trustworthy and have the "ring of truth" about them?

Gold, I know you are a hardcore respected member of this site, but Alex is a member of a number of other forums and posts regularly on them the minute anything is mentioned about his products. As for this site, it's a little late, but as an example:-

You are right about 30ft one.I compared the 25 ft.

SLX 25 ft £245 + VAT = £ 294  (free delivery)

XINBO 25 ft  VAT inc. = £ 153.60 (free delivery)

The 25ft Xinbo is only 25% carbon fibre though which is half the carbon content of the CLX range. The SLX range are 100% carbon fibre so cannot really be compared.

etc, etc, etc

so it's not only us who get defensive, just to lay it out there and show some balance.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 11:21:42 pm »
I am not slating facelift, i just want to know are the spec's right or wrong! the poles look great, but i would like to know the correct sizes and weights.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 11:23:20 pm »
yes but wasnt alex telling the truth???? the facts??

ben M

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 11:25:32 pm »
Are you not Stephen fox owner of both WCW and Facelift? ???

Can you answer this question please?
third time and last time, Can you answer this question PLEASE?

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 11:26:28 pm »
It just gets better and better,Mr.Fox seemingly berating Alex Gardiner for telling the truth!

"Its just not cricket Alex"

wightsurf

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 11:26:43 pm »
That reads to me as if he is stating his facts about products.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 11:27:11 pm »
And my questions. PLEASE

Stephen Fox

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 11:27:58 pm »
I believe 2 people have given a review so far regarding the phoenix. Can anyone answer my question regarding the poles please? Are the published spec's right or wrong? PLEASE
If it was my pole company I would be straight on it!
YES or NO
TO BE or NOT TO BE

Published spec are correct as bare pole just like Gardiners specs are published.