David Kent @ KentKleen

Why? Facelift
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:46:16 pm »
I am hitting the button to take a look at facelift phoenix poles using the banner on this site but all i can see is the info on the old range. I can however see the 2011 catalogue! WHATS ALL THAT ABOUT? Its nearly 2013!
Facelift can you please confirm the weights and lengths you have advertised regarding your phoenix pole range please.
There seems to be some confusion on the matter. I.E Poles are heavier and not as long as advertised.
Kind regards from a,
Potential customer

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: Why? Facelift
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:53:28 pm »
I did ask in the main topic the other week if the main retail poles would be of the exact specification of the first pre-retail batch that they were promoting. Mike answered every other question in the entire thread bar that one!

Makes you wonder, wouldn't be the first time. ???

Mike @ Facelift

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 10:03:42 pm »
Sorry guys... With questions coming left, right and centre I may have missed one or two! Doing my best...  ;D

I put a snippet of the specs on a post but I think it got removed!

Feel free to drop me a mail as I have emailed a PDF spec sheet to a fair few people already who have contacted me...

Halfadaylee

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:07:46 pm »
Sorry guys... With questions coming left, right and centre I may have missed one or two! Doing my best...  ;D

I put a snippet of the specs on a post but I think it got removed!

Feel free to drop me a mail as I have emailed a PDF spec sheet to a fair few people already who have contacted me...

Daqua put your specs up, so you need not worry.
Art

ben M

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:10:56 pm »
from Alex Gardiner:

I have the Phoenix X full-carbon poles and they are heavier than as advertised on the information posted above. The actual weights of the bare Phoenix full carbon poles are below:

Phoenix X 22 Full Carbon = 1.36kg (advertised as 1.2kg)
Phoenix X 26UL (actual length under 25ft) Full Carbon = 1.45kg (advertised as 1.3kg)

So the actual weights are not as close as they appear from the 'published specs'.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 10:22:11 pm »
from Alex Gardiner:

I have the Phoenix X full-carbon poles and they are heavier than as advertised on the information posted above. The actual weights of the bare Phoenix full carbon poles are below:

Phoenix X 26UL (actual length under 25ft) Full Carbon = 1.45kg (advertised as 1.3kg)

So the actual weights are not as close as they appear from the 'published specs'.

So an unbiased post then!

haha!

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 10:25:22 pm »
Are the weights that alex quoted wrong stephen?

Danny

ben M

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 10:30:51 pm »
from Alex Gardiner:

haha!
why? did you double check your specs before saying it is an unbiased post??
if Alex is right ( i have no doubt) you are very unprofessional!

Stephen Fox

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 10:31:31 pm »
According to our scales, yes. I would like to see the same set of scales weighing a Gardiners pole and a Phoenix side by side - this would give a true comparison of the poles and preferably by a non supplier, unbiased person!! In practice users of both the SLX and Phoenix have said the Phoenix feels lighter to use, this maybe due to the Phoenix X pole being more ridged.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 10:32:55 pm »
from Alex Gardiner:

haha!

So if Alex's 'claim' is wrong what does that make him? Yes we did double check the specs.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 10:38:10 pm »
Are you not Stephen fox owner of both WCW and Facelift? ???

ben M

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 10:39:52 pm »
from Alex Gardiner:

haha!

So if Alex's 'claim' is wrong what does that make him? Yes we did double check the specs.
he is very professional, he knows perfectly how to run a business....

Stephen Fox

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 10:45:34 pm »

Ok.... So if Alex is right we are 'very' unprofessional and if he is wrong then............? Is he unprofessional or will he still be professional? One rule should fit all, no?

Lee GLS

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 10:48:15 pm »
If these poles have sold so well, why can't some else weight it and confirm the weight.

ben M

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 10:49:29 pm »

Ok.... So if Alex is right we are 'very' unprofessional and if he is wrong then............? Is he unprofessional or will he still be professional? One rule should fit all, no?
i am sure he is 100% right, he is a honest guy!

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 10:51:37 pm »
If these poles have sold so well, why can't some else weight it and confirm the weight.

because the scales are all made in china and read differently
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 10:51:56 pm »
Reminds me of the scene in "The Office" when Gareth phones up the calculator supplier and claims it is wrong ...  ;D

Now I wonder who is the most consistently professional, accurate and honest supplier of window cleaning poles?

Who has a track record to trust the most?

Who doesn't get defensive and "antsy" when a claim is made about inaccuracy of measurements?

Hmmmmmmm .... ?
It's a game of three halves!

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 10:52:16 pm »
summat about digging springs to mind!

Stephen Fox

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 10:54:26 pm »
Lee, there will be a load of weigh in's from people in the next week without a doubt. I personally wouldn't trust a competitors ' review of a product. I would much prefer to see a users honest opinion and facts. I think there was a few SLX owners at the mini vanfest they would give you a unbiased view point.

ben M

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 10:56:27 pm »
Are you not Stephen fox owner of both WCW and Facelift? ???

Can you answer this question please?