dazmond

Re: what do most sole operators try and achieve daily
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 07:15:06 am »
so are you saying that you want to build up to 5 days a week.earning £350 a day.turning over £1750 a week working a full week?

so say base it on 46 weeks a year(4 weeks holiday/2 weeks bad weather days).turnover £80,000 a year?

thats £50,000-£55,000 more per year than most sole traders.

anyone here believe him? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

DaveG

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 07:40:51 am »
Richard, do you pay a weekly "rent" to concept
You can't polish a turd

Window Washers

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 07:49:03 am »
The franchise part of this thread is interesting,

Dazmond, why because you cant earn it does it make the guys statment unbelievable maybe we could all learn from him?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 07:58:09 am »
fair point window washers!but really do you think its possible for a sole trader window cleaner? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

£25,000-£30,000 a year turnover id say is average and i bet theres a fair few who are under these figures as well!
price higher/work harder!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 08:04:58 am »
Concept20 plant by any chance? ;D ;D

bobplum

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 08:05:27 am »
just going to step in here and defend Richard a little.Because of the advice he was given from concept and the way he prices jobs Richards average value is probably a lot higher than most on here also he unlike me and probably others he would select the properties he would clean as he started with wfp from the word go,unlike me and others i started trad and took any thing on so my values are lower than Richards but i do just as much work.
Richard does not collect again from the beginning he had his customers paying by standing orders,unlike me and others
He as a good system on board his vehicle doesn't seem have many problems.
In my opinion Richard is at the point most of us want to be at after say 5 years? by going down the franchise route he was advised well and is doing well

so f*****g well he as no time to talk to me on the round :'( :'( :-* :-*
(i dont think i havent noticed pal) ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2011, 08:08:18 am »
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2011, 08:21:06 am »
i think 32 houses a day is impossible on your own IF you are cleaning to a high standard including all the frames and doors/garage door but thats just me  :'(

petemg

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2011, 08:52:36 am »
hi ya :) i live in the real world, 10 semis a day gives me a good living ;)

gary999

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2011, 08:57:38 am »
who cares what anybody else earns if ricardo says he takes
that amount fair play,sounds like jhard work to me though

im not interested in that,i earn well for what i do and im
happy.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2011, 09:04:47 am »
I aim for the 150 a day mark. Sometimes its higher, sometimes its lower.

I only work 9-3 too and am happy doing what i do
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Ian101

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2011, 09:34:40 am »
Don't know about the figures and not really bothered but he works in some areas I do and you wouldn't believe how fast they go ... I'm talking seconds perpane of glass personally I'd be worried about the quality of job but guess he's not got a quality issue as still doing them .. What takes me 20 mins his lad was doing it in under 5 minutes !!!!!

Ian101

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2011, 09:41:28 am »
After watching his lad Sam the one he let go I stopped scrubbing and rinsing as much and got a bit more in per day ... Not quite at the 1 pass of brush stage with a rapid rinse but after seeing his figures may try it on a few.

Pope vader

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2011, 09:43:29 am »
splash and dash then

Paul Coleman

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2011, 10:51:56 am »
After watching his lad Sam the one he let go I stopped scrubbing and rinsing as much and got a bit more in per day ... Not quite at the 1 pass of brush stage with a rapid rinse but after seeing his figures may try it on a few.

It would surprise some people what is possible if you whack the flow rate up high.
I'm not going to get involved in the daily earnings debate.  I prefer to think in terms of annual turnover.  Winter daylight hours etc can vary things a lot.
I have a turnover target for this accounting year.  I will probably be less that half way there when I get to the 6 month mark because my accounting year starts on 1/10.
BTW.  In case anyone wonders why I'm indoors at this time of day, I have been doing some local commercial work just around the corner.  Then I drove to the football ground to spend most of the money on a couple of tickets for an FA Cup match in early January.  Such is life  :)  .  Anyway, breakfast break nearly over now.  Will be out there flying again in 20 mins  :)

Alex Allen

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2011, 11:07:19 am »
after getting back into the cleaning side of things im just wondering what average sort of figure most sole cleaners try and achieve daily, i worked my balls off today on to be fair underpriced work on quite a nice estate and only did £163 prob should have been £185 if priced correctly.

just trying to see how my pace of work compares to others

Going by what you say in your post, I would say you could easily get a 25% increase on those figures you mention. There are a number of things you can do to get an increase before this work is due again.

The thing to remember is you don't want to be able to get just the average, why not aim a little higher.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2011, 11:57:25 am »
so are you saying that you want to build up to 5 days a week.earning £350 a day.turning over £1750 a week working a full week?

so say base it on 46 weeks a year(4 weeks holiday/2 weeks bad weather days).turnover £80,000 a year?

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2011, 11:59:22 am »

hi dazmond,

what i want to do is build a weekly round of 2 guys in one van earning £500 a day, five days a week, 52 weeks a year.      on holidays and what else i'll be able to work on the van.

;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2011, 12:01:43 pm »
Richard, do you pay a weekly "rent" to concept

I got a really good deal off concept 20 and dont pay any ongoing franchise fees.  i do buy all my equipment thru them and they service my van etc.  that deal was on offer as they were in very early days of franchising thru BFA and they needed a couple of trialists to go thru their system.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2011, 12:04:25 pm »
just going to step in here and defend Richard a little.Because of the advice he was given from concept and the way he prices jobs Richards average value is probably a lot higher than most on here also he unlike me and probably others he would select the properties he would clean as he started with wfp from the word go,unlike me and others i started trad and took any thing on so my values are lower than Richards but i do just as much work.
Richard does not collect again from the beginning he had his customers paying by standing orders,unlike me and others
He as a good system on board his vehicle doesn't seem have many problems.
In my opinion Richard is at the point most of us want to be at after say 5 years? by going down the franchise route he was advised well and is doing well

so f*****g well he as no time to talk to me on the round :'( :'( :-* :-*
(i dont think i havent noticed pal) ;D

thanks for having my back bob!

i;m just too bloody busy to stop nowadays as i;ve got to get my son from nursery....  when i;m late they charge £10 per 15 min!!!!!

we should meet up for a pint some evening tho?  :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning