what was you paying him, if you are making 700 a day and cant afford him

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: what do most sole operators try and achieve daily
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 10:51:53 pm »
how many jobs are you doing for that richard

today i did 24 houses, some of them bigguns.  other days i;ve done 32 houses

By yourself or with your staff?

Do your staff do more or less than you?

that's by myself.  i used to have a member of staff who was achieving similar.  had to let him go tho due as wage bill too hi (see previous post re the fire last year)

What did the fire do to cause you to let go a lad earning you £1700 per week!!! :o ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 10:52:47 pm »
what was you paying him, if you are making 700 a day and cant afford him

i wasnt making £700 a day!!!!  otherwise i wouldnt have had a problem!  ;)

i wasnt working on the van til he left.  i only started on the van 4 months ago.  he was bringing in the same monehy as i am now.  i had 2 guys working together early last year, but could never get great results from that.  they would push £400 a day but not get beyond that so i had to let the slow one go.  when i've grown a but again i'll get another new guy to work alongside me and we'll work out how to hit £500/day together
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

KLEENAWAY

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 10:54:25 pm »
Richy i seen n another post that you had to get rid of one of the lads that work for you?? Whats happened matey?

Danny

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 10:54:33 pm »
how many jobs are you doing for that richard

today i did 24 houses, some of them bigguns.  other days i;ve done 32 houses

By yourself or with your staff?

Do your staff do more or less than you?

that's by myself.  i used to have a member of staff who was achieving similar.  had to let him go tho due as wage bill too hi (see previous post re the fire last year)

What did the fire do to cause you to let go a lad earning you £1700 per week!!! :o ;D

i wasn't earning that much.  somewhere around 1200/week

fire destroyed all my customer records for both businesses so lost all details of all of our work.  wiped out our phone system, computer databases et etc etc.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 10:58:34 pm »
Good job you escaped or your wooden nose would have gone up too.  ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 11:00:37 pm »

:o
iSparkle Window Cleaning

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:28 pm »

lol  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Pope vader

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 11:02:29 pm »
i wish i could get a few slow lads to earn £400 a day

KS Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 11:05:20 pm »
Richard before you take anybody else on I would invest in a calculator as your numbers don't add up ;)

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 11:16:32 pm »
mmmmm..........!how come richard is earning a lot more money a day and he s only been at it 18 months?you must have some good priced posh accounts to be making £350-£400 a day when you work 9am-4pm!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

where are you based?if its around central london or surrey i believe you!!anywhere else and i think your pulling our legs!!

i dont know any one man bands that earn that per day on a regular basis on maintenance window cleaning.

anything from £150-£250 a day for me working 9pm-4pm with an hour for lunch/coffee breaks/moving van.
price higher/work harder!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 11:29:24 pm »
What I don't understand is you building a successful cleaning business up from scratch with 13 staff etc then you go & take out a Concept20 franchise for yourself?

G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 12:00:07 am »
Job satisfaction and getting that warm feeling inside........knowing I've done a splendid job.....leaving my customers.......nay, friends.......contented with their clean glass. You can't measure that in monetary terms and to try is simply vulgar.

Oh, and world peace.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

wfp master

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 12:15:13 am »
some people just cant help talking ****

G Griffin

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 12:27:12 am »

That is true. And I do achieve that daily  ;).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

gary999

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 01:43:50 am »

That is true. And I do achieve that daily  ;).

ill second that! ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 06:38:46 am »
mmmmm..........!how come richard is earning a lot more money a day and he s only been at it 18 months?you must have some good priced posh accounts to be making £350-£400 a day when you work 9am-4pm!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

where are you based?if its around central london or surrey i believe you!!anywhere else and i think your pulling our legs!!

i dont know any one man bands that earn that per day on a regular basis on maintenance window cleaning.

anything from £150-£250 a day for me working 9pm-4pm with an hour for lunch/coffee breaks/moving van.

hey dazmond,

i'm not pulling legs, i;m just responding to richy's question.  i work in the same area a richy in fact.

the only way i can do this type of day is because i have a franchise and so i started out with full training, fully equipped, full advice re pricing etc etc etc.  that's meant that all my houses are priced well for the area.  i think i;ve only got 3 houses now that i really hate cleaning because of the price.

in all honesty i didnt realise that this was so much better than others on the forum.  i do know that it's not brilliant for a concept 2o operator.  and i also know that starting out wiht a franchise is a far more expensive way of doing things than a lot of the guys on here so began about £20000 in debt!
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 06:41:24 am »
i wish i could get a few slow lads to earn £400 a day

;D  one of the guys was fast, another guy was slow!  they started complaining that i was expecting too mush work off them!

we have had comments off other window cleaners about how fast we work.  there's certainly no dawdling involved!  but it's not exactly heavy work window cleaning with WFP.  especially with our setup.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 06:43:17 am »
Richard before you take anybody else on I would invest in a calculator as your numbers don't add up ;)

if my numbers dont add up quite its because i;m chatting on a forum rather than doing my monthly accounts!  :)

the numbers are essentially correct.  i work 3 full days and 2 half days a week, and have a couple of office days a month
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 06:46:46 am »
What I don't understand is you building a successful cleaning business up from scratch with 13 staff etc then you go & take out a Concept20 franchise for yourself?

a lot of people think that.  i dont think that i would have the business in WC that i now have, had i started it up on my own.  i spoke to the concept 2o people as part of market research for franchising my own business, and out of curiosity about WC, and ended up buying a franchise!  i was very impressed with their understanding of business, customer service etc etc.

i think if you look at where i am now, and where i am going now, it is a good decision.  it s also nice to be part of the concept 2o group rather than on my own  ;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning