Southerners
57.1%
20 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: December 21, 2010, 12:10:10 am

Stewart01

Re: 1600 Customers
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2010, 07:55:21 pm »
Welcome to the forum lee, i think your going to fit in just fine!!!!!!!!!!!  ::)

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2010, 07:55:46 pm »
I have sacked hundreds like you over the years putting down anothers idea because you think its fun.

Crikey.  Hundreds?

Vin

Yes.....was running a business for about 20 years

Hundreds: plural of hundred, so more than 200 people.

You sacked more than ten people a year for putting down ideas for fun?  Bet the tribunal cases ran into the hundreds as well.

Vin

Turn up late, crap at job, stealing, fighting, dog ate my wife, granny gone missing, drunk at work, arrested on site, sleeping in canteen .....etc etc yes lots and lots and only 3 tribunal cases though.

Most people just want to work and most are happy to give good advice. Some just poo poo everything.

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2010, 07:57:46 pm »
lee good luck, but u seem to be running before you are walking,

Thanks....I am taking it slowly and there is no rush. Building up customers as I can keeping the areas tight. But to get myself some finance for a WFP and Van I need to give them an idea of what I forcast to do evn if I cant reach it. If I tell the bank I will be aiming for 40 customers a week they wont be that good at handing over cash

I'm not knocking you but consider two things.

You'll be lucky to obtain finance for what you want, especially if your previous company had issues.

You can not deliver what you advertise & it could take some time to do so.

I understand that you can't have a website which informs of your real situation but you say there is no rush? Punting for government schools etc. what are you going to do when REAL situations arise?

I think the real situation will be when someone asks me to clean their windows I will say YES and clean them

Can you come & do 6 schools next week, 60ft reach on two of them, other four only 50ft, NO ladders can be used on site for window cleaning. Can you also bring evidence of the associations you advertise as a member?

Ok more details please.....or are you lying an

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2010, 08:07:33 pm »
lee good luck, but u seem to be running before you are walking,

Thanks....I am taking it slowly and there is no rush. Building up customers as I can keeping the areas tight. But to get myself some finance for a WFP and Van I need to give them an idea of what I forcast to do evn if I cant reach it. If I tell the bank I will be aiming for 40 customers a week they wont be that good at handing over cash

I'm not knocking you but consider two things.

You'll be lucky to obtain finance for what you want, especially if your previous company had issues.

You can not deliver what you advertise & it could take some time to do so.

I understand that you can't have a website which informs of your real situation but you say there is no rush? Punting for government schools etc. what are you going to do when REAL situations arise?

I think the real situation will be when someone asks me to clean their windows I will say YES and clean them

Can you come & do 6 schools next week, 60ft reach on two of them, other four only 50ft, NO ladders can be used on site for window cleaning. Can you also bring evidence of the associations you advertise as a member?

Ok more details please.....or are you lying an

I was just giving an example Lee of what could happen. Imagine taking that call tomorrow! what you gonna say to them?

You could actually do your business more harm than good, Unless you've really got the gift of the gab! ;D

Don't be put off by negative comments, probably unbeknown by you, this thread is the equivalent of me joining a political forum & telling them I'm going to be the next prime minister!

I would sit back & re-arrange your ambition, reverse a bit, then move forward just a tad slower. ;)

Crystal-clear

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2010, 08:08:17 pm »
how many people will deliver your 100k leaflets :?

Good luck sky's the limit!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2010, 08:14:47 pm »
i think that  CDL Window Cleaning Services sounds better lee. ;) ;D

CDL Window Cleaning Services is an energetic business offering window cleaning to clients throughout the local area. The company, which is located in Faygate (Horsham), was set-up in 2008 and has many years of experience in the Window Cleaners business.

With state of the art facilities and fully qualified staff, the company provides a professional window cleaning service to businesses. The service is designed to be cost effective, enabling clients to have a reliable service.

Featuring friendly, reliable service, the traditional window cleaning methods and combining it with modren water fed pole system from leading suppliers by the business are appropriate for domestic and commercial. Available for all of the South east

set up in 2008 and only 30 custy,not doing well are we. ;D ;D :P :P :P

clearlyclean

« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2010, 08:15:17 pm »
I think a 400 customers a month would be a more realistic projection for a bank finance average £10 a house but I think you would struggle to clean 20 houses a day every day.I think you would have to buy a few rounds and £4000 pounds worth a month would cost about £12000 minimum and public sector work they want references of other contracts  

luther1

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2010, 08:24:49 pm »
If you buy an Ionics system,you'll get 1600 customers in no time just by people seeing the logo on your van,apparently.

ant french

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2010, 08:36:31 pm »
the logo on your website looks familular to me lol  ;D ;D ;D

Smudger

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2010, 08:37:27 pm »
Hi Lee, doing well with the lads on the forum  ::)

I don't see anything wrong with the name - makes you stand out and very professional looking.
however, you posted on here for advice then instantly got defensive because people have seen some
inconsistances.

if you have run a company for years - surely you have some idea how to do a b/s plan and as you have 30
custy's then you already know your average time and earning potential.

i did a b/s plan and course through the local enterprise scheme - they may be of help to you.

but it's no good winding up the very people who can help you make the right decisions in this business.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

clearlyclean

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2010, 08:53:01 pm »
Why change your name from CDL to Piranha unless I wonder.If you only have 30 customers after 2 years plus you need to pack the window cleaning in and you already know if 1600 customers is possible,and if you been in business for years and employed and sacked guys and run Building contracts is Dominic littlewood after you and there isnt a cowboy window cleaners programme on channel five yet

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2010, 09:09:10 pm »
lee can i ask you a question?

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2010, 09:11:05 pm »
lee can i ask you a question?

Go on then ....

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2010, 09:13:25 pm »
Why change your name from CDL to Piranha unless I wonder.If you only have 30 customers after 2 years plus you need to pack the window cleaning in and you already know if 1600 customers is possible,and if you been in business for years and employed and sacked guys and run Building contracts is Dominic littlewood after you and there isnt a cowboy window cleaners programme on channel five yet

Nice Web Site....Is that your trolly  ???

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2010, 09:17:03 pm »
how long does it take for you to clean you 30 customers?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2010, 09:17:56 pm »
Ok. Maybe Lee's got off on the wrong footing. It's quite easy for us to sit back & see all the flaws etc.

So, why don't we & lee start afresh, now we've aired our views? :-*

Maybe with a fresh thread? lock this one?

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2010, 09:18:01 pm »

Typical Northerner.....Thank God Coronation Street has burnt down. You will all become window cleaners now.

Changed the name to make it stand out move into 21st Century. Bit like Dave & Bob Window Cleaning

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2010, 09:19:55 pm »
Ok. Maybe Lee's got off on the wrong footing. It's quite easy for us to sit back & see all the flaws etc.

So, why don't we & lee start afresh, now we've aired our views? :-*

Maybe with a fresh thread? lock this one?

I am enjoying this...  :)

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2010, 09:22:54 pm »
how long does it take for you to clean you 30 customers?

They are all spread out as people have rung in. Fit them in around the building work but now sick of people not paying in construction and ready for a change.

Enjoy the window cleaning, hassle free but need to make sure i have enough customers before making the swap.

Been offered bigger stuff but didnt make the investment in WFP but I am ready now, but would like to offer both.

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2010, 09:23:34 pm »
Anyway Lee - thanks for the most interesting post in a while.

African proverb - "how do you eat an elephant"???

- "One spoonfull at a time"