Southerners
57.1%
20 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: December 21, 2010, 12:10:10 am

Lee Gilroy

1600 Customers
« on: December 10, 2010, 06:30:42 pm »
Is this a realistic amount of customers to aim for on a 6 week clean between 2 men.

This gives us 133 each to do in a week with a labourer each to foot the ladder. Obviously WFP will be prefered in the end. That works out at about 3 per hour on an average 3 bed house.

This is what we want to aim for.

Are there many out there operating with a large customer base and taking it to the next level.

I know many might say it seems a load fo b******s but you have got to aim for something and we are grafters.

I am putting together a business plan and at the moment while its freezing cold looking at the way forward. We will deliver 100,000 thousand leaflets if we have to and knock on every door.

Any advice please other than wake up and get real.

dave0123

Re: 1600 Customers
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 06:34:27 pm »
why 1600? its not really about the number of jobs its the Value of each one
Dave.

Tom White

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 06:36:10 pm »
How many customers have you got now Lee, and how did you get them.

james44

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 06:45:49 pm »
Lee, forget the footing of the ladder get someone to wfp on the tops and the other trad bottoms no point having someone footing ladders all day!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 06:47:59 pm »
thats way more than 2 people need mate
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 06:54:21 pm »
Cheers for the replies it took about 10mins for the Pc to stop freezing.

I based it on an average of £10 per house. It will vary I know I have one customer who is £45 and its all patios doors all round. Takes about hour and half.

I want in new year to pack in the job I am doing as i am self employed and sick of construction and customers going bust or not paying.

If a customer does not pay in Window Cleaning its £10 but in Construction it can be £5k.

At moment I have about 30 customers and it took about a week to get them with about 3,000 leaflets. So looking to do WFP as spent past year doing all the planning so ready to make the switch and put down the trowel and pick up the pole.

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 06:56:01 pm »
thats way more than 2 people need mate

Cheers Lee, how many would you say for 2 guys is possible

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 06:58:37 pm »

I based it on an average of £10 per house. It will vary I know I have one customer who is £45 and its all patios doors all round. Takes about hour and half.

I want in new year to pack in the job I am doing as i am self employed and sick of construction and customers going bust or not paying.

If a customer does not pay in Window Cleaning its £10 but in Construction it can be £5k.

At moment I have about 30 customers and it took about a week to get them with about 3,000 leaflets. So looking to do WFP as spent past year doing all the planning so ready to make the switch and put down the trowel and pick up the pole.

Could you explain your website ???

windowswashed

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 07:00:28 pm »
Just concentrate on getting decent prices, easy access, good loyal customers. Forget picking up work cheap just to get the numbers as 6 months later you'll despise cleaning them.

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 07:01:50 pm »

What would you like me to explain about it ?

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 07:06:47 pm »
why would you call yourself PIRANHA CLEANING SERVICES?he s having a laugh surely..........he s a dreamer!!! ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

clearlyclean

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 07:07:06 pm »
I throw my trowel away about 3 years ago for the same reasons,if you only have 30 customers might be best to build up on your own being having to share out the work with others,My customers chose me because I am on my on and just get on with job, 4 blokes turning to clean a house can be a bit intimidating and you could end up with a large wage bill before you have collected the money.Try getting 100 customers a week before taking staff on but I would recommend going WFP as no chance of falling off ladders and what you going to pay someone to foot a ladder £40 a day? boring and low paid you could get a ladder stop for that and they dont anser back ;D

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 07:09:16 pm »
I throw my trowel away about 3 years ago for the same reasons,if you only have 30 customers might be best to build up on your own being having to share out the work with others,My customers chose me because I am on my on and just get on with job, 4 blokes turning to clean a house can be a bit intimidating and you could end up with a large wage bill before you have collected the money.Try getting 100 customers a week before taking staff on but I would recommend going WFP as no chance of falling off ladders and what you going to pay someone to foot a ladder £40 a day? boring and low paid you could get a ladder stop for that and they dont anser back ;D

Thanks some good advice there.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 07:10:31 pm »

I know people big themselves up, but don't you think your website is slightly over doing it?

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 07:11:40 pm »
not being funny, for a bloke who only has 30 custy u have spent a lot of money joining all the organisations at the bottom of ur page

these i mean

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 07:14:03 pm »
why would you call yourself PIRANHA CLEANING SERVICES?he s having a laugh surely..........he s a dreamer!!! ;D ;D ;D

Why would you call yourself D+B Cleaning something.....!!!!  ::)

Not really much imagination in you I suppose. Dont tell me its Dave & Bob window cleaning.

Constructive Criticism is fine but just insulting an idea is pointless. I have sacked hundreds like you over the years putting down anothers idea because you think its fun.

I thought this forum was for window cleaners to give eachother good advice.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 07:15:37 pm »

Everything please ???

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 07:16:00 pm »

I know people big themselves up, but don't you think your website is slightly over doing it?

I am pricing WFP work for Local Govenment Schools, etc so better to put a web site together for free than send them fAg packet with a price on it

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 07:18:27 pm »
lee good luck, but u seem to be running before you are walking,

Lee Gilroy

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 07:18:52 pm »

Nothing for me to explain to you...If you dont like it "Jog On"

If you cant read its not for me to teach you.

So whatever your problem is with my website I suggest dont look at it if its too difficult to understand.

Everything please ???