HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: Is climbing onto balconies acceptable?
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2009, 08:03:55 am »
i do a complex with balconies and they are all trained (if they are in) to have everything moved out of my way, as i am coming in (boots off) to clean from inside as there aint no way i am taking one foot of the ladder ( i think its an insurance clause?)  never mind jumping over a rail at 20 feet, i imagine getting back on the ladder would be a lot more risky than getting off it.

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2009, 10:30:19 am »
Scrimmy

Have you tried putting over shoes on

They do save alot of time

jonnyald and anybody doing these balconies by climbing over them

How do you know the balcony rails as sufficent load bearing capability
the ladder will not be secured to the building
Everthing against H/Safety law
Inefficent risk assesment
If a accident happens you and the owner could be sued under crimminal, civil law and the corperate manslaughter act if a fatality happens (prison,fines)

Please change working practice

Bryan

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2009, 12:59:07 pm »
no need to put over shoes on as i can do all 18 flats with them off coz there is a big long carpeted corridor and carpeted stairs at the both ends...simples....the balconies are protected from the rain so my feet never get wet anyway. ;)

jonnyald

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2009, 03:24:26 pm »
i would never wear overshoes and climb a ladder with these .   
i can honestly say iv never seen a flimsy balcony rail either  im sure when balcony rails are designed they at least are strong enough to be leaned against .  perhaps there are dangerous balcony types,ive not seen any myself though

Richard Holt

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2009, 03:24:26 pm »
Depends how big the box of milk tray is ::)

John Walker

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2009, 04:32:55 pm »
I have some flats with balconies.  I have a trigger operated short pole.  I turn it sideways and hook it through the next balcony up.  I use boot slip overs to protect carpets and access each flat.  Once I've competed the 3 levels, I carefully lower the pole down on a thin nylon rope.  Bit of a pain but it works for me.  Still a major problem if folks aren't in though.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

matt

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2009, 06:14:28 pm »
its not so bad if you secure them to the railings when you climb over

the only thing thats not acceptable it trying on the skimpy underwear thats been left out to dry, by all accounts they dont like that

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2009, 10:36:36 pm »
I have some flats with balconies.  I have a trigger operated short pole.  I turn it sideways and hook it through the next balcony up.  I use boot slip overs to protect carpets and access each flat.  Once I've competed the 3 levels, I carefully lower the pole down on a thin nylon rope.  Bit of a pain but it works for me.  Still a major problem if folks aren't in though.

sorry, but i need a video to get wot u r are on about.

video 8)

steve a

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009, 10:34:55 am »
its not so bad if you secure them to the railings when you climb over

the only thing thats not acceptable it trying on the skimpy underwear thats been left out to dry, by all accounts they dont like that

And i am sure a few would like a video of the "trying on the skimpy underwear thing" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D