NWH

Re: Manufacturer installed hot system
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 10:35:07 pm »
I don’t agree with that I know I’m a lot quicker with hot for a fact I’ve used both,if you just wanted it for the purpose of the froststat feature it would be worth the money. If you want whiter than white PVC round your glass on your work twice or 3 x quicker on con roofs buy a hot system,you literally need 1-2 scrubs with hot water over the glass imo it’s worth every penny.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2018, 01:47:36 pm »
ive been in this business 25 years now.most of that time ive just about scraped a living together using old vans/cars,ladders and very basic equipment..changing vans every few years etc

im no longer in that position.i earn well above what i need to live on these days so i wanted a decent new van and professionally fitted hot water system to make my working life as easy/low hassle as possible....

the other day i bumped into another windy working from an old car,trad only,old ladders with tape on the ends and general shoddy,scruffy clothes(and this was a posh estate!)...he reminded me of myself.......10 years ago......

i know which window cleaner id rather be...... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2018, 02:47:15 pm »
ive been in this business 25 years now.most of that time ive just about scraped a living together using old vans/cars,ladders and very basic equipment..changing vans every few years etc

im no longer in that position.i earn well above what i need to live on these days so i wanted a decent new van and professionally fitted hot water system to make my working life as easy/low hassle as possible....

the other day i bumped into another windy working from an old car,trad only,old ladders with tape on the ends and general shoddy,scruffy clothes(and this was a posh estate!)...he reminded me of myself.......10 years ago......

We all have to start somewhere and hopefully he will be in your position in 5 or 10 years time, that said it still doent make you
any less foolish for wasting money on something that wasnt needed.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2018, 04:27:36 pm »

We all have to start somewhere and hopefully he will be in your position in 5 or 10 years time, that said it still doent make you
any less foolish for wasting money on something that wasnt needed.

This guys been window cleaning longer than me! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2018, 04:32:18 pm »
Iv had 2 hard to remove bird poos so far this week ( Gardiner Scraper needed £3.50 ) which have added about a minute onto my working day, even with cold water snail trails just melt at this time of the year and you don't get them in winter so no bonus there, if you want the latest gadget then go for it, if you want to make money then work out what slows you down and go from there.
I wont say it doesnt make a difference to anybody ( guys on the coast would be one example where it could help ) but for most it will be nothing more than a placebo or the latest must have gadget to make them feel good.

Snail trails DO NOT just melt away using cold water at all....I used to spend ages scrubbing some windows with cold water to get every last trail off...