Dave Willis

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-reels/professional-hot-water-hose-reels.html

This one, two questions - what is the diameter of the sides? Is the base strong enough to support the reel if it was mounted to a vertical surface?

Smudger

The picture says 50cm height 48 cm diameter  the central drum spindle is around 8 cm so 40 divide by 2 is 20 cm ( 8 inch ) height

Yes it will - but use decent nuts and bolts

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dave Willis

big bugger then. Didn't see those dimensions to start with. Cheers.

Dave Willis

Might want to mount one to a tailgate like this but it's a tight fit.

Something that may be of interest to you Dave.
I went to a mates wedding last weekend. He pressure washes and we both have the same model of Ford Ranger and Countyman hard top. Had a look in the back of his.
He had a skid tank ( 750 L ) . It has a mounting plate with room for a generator but more importantly a reel, battery, pump etc. These skids are designed to fit between wheel arches of a pick up and most vans and with tail gate up fit snugly. had I have known I would probably have gone down that route myself

http://www.omnipole-systems.com/wfpsystems.html

NWH

Dave buy the coxreel on the website the blue one it's the best there is for hand cranking.

Dave Willis

Something that may be of interest to you Dave.
I went to a mates wedding last weekend. He pressure washes and we both have the same model of Ford Ranger and Countyman hard top. Had a look in the back of his.
He had a skid tank ( 750 L ) . It has a mounting plate with room for a generator but more importantly a reel, battery, pump etc. These skids are designed to fit between wheel arches of a pick up and most vans and with tail gate up fit snugly. had I have known I would probably have gone down that route myself

http://www.omnipole-systems.com/wfpsystems.html
.                                                                      Yes, I saw that. Last night I emailed the Garage to say I'd have the Hilux, this morning I tried to work out the fitting etc and pros and cons. Really wasn't 100% so cancelled the order. I was a gnats hair away from having it!  Some things didn't add up - no rear wiper, no heated back window, no side access, high tax, no roofbars supplied, probably still to high to fit in a multi-storey, Poles only fit at an angle, very little spare room, no second battery and on it went. I would gain four wheel drive, more seats but little else. Still on my mind though

Sounds like a pick up is really not for you then. If you've got doubts now you'd regret it.
I really like mine and I've made it work how I wanted it to but its not for everybody.

ChumBucket

http://www.rickyfenby.co.uk/used-vans/frome-somerset-toyota-hi-lux-hl2-4x4-d-4d-dcb-25-152/

Nearly had it, really liked it.

My honest opinion Dave- Horrible! Totally impractical, most probably very uneconomical, you would gain 4x4 capability but lose SO much more over a decent sized van. It looks rubbish IMO too. ;D

Dave Willis

;D don't know what came over me. Mid life crisis or something. I don't need the other four seats either!  ::)roll

Is it the 4x4 or extra seats you really crave ? from what you've posted it would seem 4x4
For me it was the extra seats and the fact the pick up bed was separate to the cab e.g. designed to be open to the elements and carry water etc.
I thought long and hard before buying the ranger super cab, none of the others had the right dimensions and double cabs definitely don't give enough length in the pick up bed . Mine is not just for work, its also my car hence my decision .
If its just for work I think you would be better looking for a van with 4x4.

;D don't know what came over me. Mid life crisis or something. I don't need the other four seats either!  ::)roll
You've just posted this while I was responding  ;D
Yeah like Pierre says it was horrible.
You don't need the seats so don't bother.
4x4 van or just don't drive in fields  ;D

Dave Willis

4x4 is what I really wanted. The van is almost perfect apart from grip. It could be even better if it had a few other options like double sliding doors and ply lining (something to screw bits and pieces to.) Its geared up for ease of working, all poles facing the back and ready to go, ladders inside for gate hopping, backpack ready by the side door, gutter vac and poles ready. Tank fill hole handy. I just couldn't replicate it in a pick up. I thought I might but sure I'd regret it. Also have a new family car anyway.

ChumBucket

It was always going to be a disaster -the selfish part of me was looking forward to the Basil Faulty moments but I just don't think in reality it would suit you. ;)