G & M

cleaning high glass
« on: November 27, 2015, 06:13:14 pm »
How do you guys clean high hardened  glass?  Does anyone use the system that mists the glass with pure water and then dry using micro fibre pads?
Tried to clean some high plate glass windows that hadn't   been cleaned for a long time but couldn't get them as clean as I would have liked using scrubber and squeegee on telescopic pole.

Matt.

Re: cleaning high glass
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 10:56:29 pm »
If they have been left for a while and in a bit of a state u may need to get up off ladders, or you will have to go over them a few times gradually getting rid of the dirt

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:05:36 pm »
How do you guys clean high hardened  glass?  Does anyone use the system that mists the glass with pure water and then dry using micro fibre pads?
Tried to clean some high plate glass windows that hadn't   been cleaned for a long time but couldn't get them as clean as I would have liked using scrubber and squeegee on telescopic pole.

How high are you talking about and is that in or out?

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 12:04:50 pm »
Why I ask it maybe not be just a build up of grime on the glass but the glass might be stained too which fails into the remit of glass restoration work. Stains can be quite common on the exterior of commercial buildings.

If you are talking about inside work then there are several wfp derived indoor microfiber kit's you could buy or you could diy your own. I don't think none of them would do a very good job myself if the glass is heavily soiled without using a chem as we all know just pure water be it misted or on full flow on filthy glass sucks  ;D

G & M

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 05:39:06 pm »
Thanks guys, It's internal glass Smurf, 25 to thirty foot high.  Is there any chemical that could be put on a pad to scrub the glass and then use a micro fibre pad to polish

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 01:58:54 pm »
Might be worth speaking to Tadgh O Shea on here as he sells kit and chems for internal work
info@jskcleaning.ie

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 08:03:06 am »
Email me and I'll run through some options for you

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 10:02:50 am »
Nice pic smudger  :)

Is that an unger microfibre pad on the end of the pole or something else from gardiners maybe?

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 10:10:08 am »
Heavy duty unger pad, but I have loads of different grades and some vikan ones as well

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 04:35:46 pm »
Heavy duty unger pad, but I have loads of different grades and some vikan ones as well

Darran

Nice one...have you rigged up a diy mister on the pole too so you don't have to keep dropping the pole down to apply pure and/or chems?

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 06:24:27 pm »
No - I've found they get too wet and like in this picture of a school the windows are so rank the pad is only good enough for one maybe two paynes of glass, so your bringing it down anyway

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 06:29:58 pm »
No - I've found they get too wet and like in this picture of a school the windows are so rank the pad is only good enough for one maybe two paynes of glass, so your bringing it down anyway

Darran

Sounds a right royal pain in the butt doing internal manky windows like that job.
How long did it take you?

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 06:33:52 pm »
All four floors and 4 sides around 1.5 hours

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 07:12:47 pm »
All four floors and 4 sides around 1.5 hours

Darran

Nice one...That's good going

How may pads did you get through?

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 07:29:16 pm »
For that area about 20

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 07:35:17 pm »
Thanks...just a bit a washing to do then when you finished that one
 I'm betting your missus says like mine your not putting that lot in my washer  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 07:11:38 am »
  ;D ;D ;D