H20cleaning

Re: i need some advice off the older lads on the forum....
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2013, 06:32:34 pm »
Get yourself offshore now.
You could still work your round  cos you'll be doing 2 on 2 off or 3 on 3 off.But I bet you wont want to once you get another income.
My son's 24 he does NDT currently working on an oil refinery,he  gets  £1260 paid into his account, every week.
He used to window clean with me until I paid for his courses.
It cost me about £5k.
Best money I ever spent
Im not expecting him back anytime soon!
what courses did you pay him through or did he previously have trade background??

keyser soze

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2013, 06:58:09 pm »
21 years old . that means you got 45 odd years left till retirement . believe me bud thats a long time in the window cleaning business . id do the off shore thing and definitely come back to this . life is about experiencing different things . i know money is good  but its not everything ....

Mike #1

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 11:49:51 am »
If i got offered a £40,000 a year job even married and 38 yrs old i would take it your take home wage will be twice what you are earning now .

And you get paid holidays,   longterm if you do well you will be far better . Mike

PoleKing

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2013, 08:32:59 pm »
I know many people who work off shore some love it some hate it only you will know if its for you, all I can say is everyone I know who works off shore never struggles for cash (biggest earner is somewhere in the region of 400k)

Most do 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. So n theory you could easily keep your round it's current size and work that while at home.

ArOund here even with the high salaries on offer companies find it hard to find young decent labour, so if you can handle it 40k would soon turn in 60k pa.

If you can stash it rather than spend, spend spend then your gonna be set up for a decent future even if you came off it after 5 years

If I had the opportunity then I'd take it with both hands

Darran

£400k drilling for oil?! I'd go offshore for that.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

H20cleaning

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2013, 11:23:53 pm »
I know I quite fancy it but I need more info on my options before I make decisions, I have to do my offshore survival. So you guys have the pleasure of my company for at least 6 months yet! I will let you know how I get on though and hopefully in the mean time my round keeps growing so it would be worthwhile letting someone carry it on and take a cut for doing nothing. However I have no knowledge on employment, tax etc so there is so much to think about for my little brain. Hopefully I get a offshore job 2 weeks on 2 weeks off then 150 custys for the 2 weeks am home:D

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2013, 11:26:19 pm »
I know I quite fancy it but I need more info on my options before I make decisions, I have to do my offshore survival. So you guys have the pleasure of my company for at least 6 months yet! I will let you know how I get on though and hopefully in the mean time my round keeps growing so it would be worthwhile letting someone carry it on and take a cut for doing nothing. However I have no knowledge on employment, tax etc so there is so much to think about for my little brain. Hopefully I get a offshore job 2 weeks on 2 weeks off then 150 custys for the 2 weeks am home:D

Where about are you like?

H20cleaning

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2013, 11:31:58 pm »

Where about are you like?
I am from the beautiful smoggie land of Middlesbrough ;D

stuart mc

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2013, 11:34:49 pm »
Get yourself offshore now.
You could still work your round  cos you'll be doing 2 on 2 off or 3 on 3 off.But I bet you wont want to once you get another income.
My son's 24 he does NDT currently working on an oil refinery,he  gets  £1260 paid into his account, every week.
He used to window clean with me until I paid for his courses.
It cost me about £5k.
Best money I ever spent
Im not expecting him back anytime soon!
what courses did you pay him through or did he previously have trade background??

there are companys out there if they think you can do the job. and they will pay for all the courses, at your age I doubt you have the experience to get that though, if you have family in the know use them and find out from them, I can get info on the minimum requirements for off shore work if you want, but I doubt it will get you work without a trade, but it is possible, you need to know people in the know, it isn't what you know but who you know ;)

H20cleaning

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2013, 12:02:48 am »
I have a few family members plus friends all in the engineeing trade plus offshore.
My brother knows little knolage on what you need as a basic job to get offshore, but he knows lads who have done simple riggin and drilling courses in a week and because they know people they get jobs straight away.
There are also certain jobs that you dont need trades to do (peoples scivvys im guessing) but at the end of the day i would pick poop uo with barehand for £1000-1400 a week:o