Re: round software george the best???
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 10:28:54 pm »
all my paper work is in excel, can i just import it in to roundtracker, with out typing it all out again

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 10:32:00 pm »
i just checked i have mircosoft works spreadsheet   will it work on that

M Henderson

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 11:00:14 pm »
Dave you have mail (hope the email address is right)..

Blue Monkey - You do need Excel and not just Works.

You can download a free trial of Office here:
http://www2.buyoffice.microsoft.com/emea1/product.aspx?sku=10234528&cache=1552978600&culture=en-GB

I think the trial is 60 days.

M Henderson

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 11:10:10 pm »
all my paper work is in excel, can i just import it in to roundtracker, with out typing it all out again

..sorry forgot to answer this....

if you have your round details already in Excel then it will be quicker to enter the round details rather than having to retype everything since you can copy and paste text but you can't just press a button to import the info to where you want it to be.

Smart Carpet

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 11:16:18 pm »
Hi Mark H,

I think a big question (esp to those who have been affected by the WCP news) is will the RoundTracker program work without internet verification, eg if your business ceases trading, will your program continue to work as normal?

I haven't been able to try it as I use open office spreadsheet, but is printing out accounts from whatever dates you set easy to do?

Thanks,

J

geefree

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 11:18:52 pm »
Think wc pro , has had its day, i heard on here that its being taken over, and will cost to use on a monthly basis,

If true , talk about pricing yourself out of the market, mearkat .com

;D ;D

M Henderson

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 11:26:34 pm »
I think a big question (esp to those who have been affected by the WCP news) is will the RoundTracker program work without internet verification, eg if your business ceases trading, will your program continue to work as normal?

Actually I recently answered a similar question regarding registering licences (but for the same reason as you are asking)  on the RTv4 PRO support forum:

Here was my reply:

You do not need to register a license (apart from the Excel license if you don't already have it)

If you use a suggested online back up folder such as www.dropbox.com you can access the file from any internet connection at any time by logging in to the dropbox folder on the server - which is  automatically synchronised with the dropbox folder on your desktop. - This is a free service dropbox provide.

We recommend users do this because you always have a back up of the most recent file online, it doesn't cost anything and you also have recent previous versions also automatically saved for you in case of errors or whatever.

So if your PC breaks you could access your Round Tracker file from a mates computer and once set up with Excel on the new computer you are back to normal again.

Hope that answers your question for you,

So basically, yes it will still work as it is a stand alone product.

I haven't been able to try it as I use open office spreadsheet, but is printing out accounts from whatever dates you set easy to do?

Yes you can use Date filters to set the period you wish to print off. eg. click on Last month, Last Quarter or if you wish you can set the desired dates using the Between option.

Smart Carpet

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 11:31:06 pm »

Actually I recently answered a similar question regarding registering licences (but for the same reason as you are asking)  on the RTv4 PRO support forum:

Here was my reply:

You do not need to register a license (apart from the Excel license if you don't already have it)

If you use a suggested online back up folder such as www.dropbox.com you can access the file from any internet connection at any time by logging in to the dropbox folder on the server - which is  automatically synchronised with the dropbox folder on your desktop. - This is a free service dropbox provide.

We recommend users do this because you always have a back up of the most recent file online, it doesn't cost anything and you also have recent previous versions also automatically saved for you in case of errors or whatever.

So if your PC breaks you could access your Round Tracker file from a mates computer and once set up with Excel on the new computer you are back to normal again.

Hope that answers your question for you,

So basically, yes it will still work as it is a stand alone product.

Yes you can use Date filters to set the period you wish to print off. eg. click on Last month, Last Quarter or if you wish you can set the desired dates using the Between option.

Ok thanks for the reply.

How would I go about installing the program 'on a mates computer'? 

Would I need to purchase and download the program again, or can I install it with the program I originally paid for and received?

M Henderson

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 11:38:16 pm »
You wouldn't need to purchase Round Tracker again to access it on dropbox but Excel would need to be installed on the computer you were using.

Smart Carpet

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 11:44:51 pm »
Oh I see, because the 'program' is just an excel file, right?

8)  (I hope)

M Henderson

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 12:03:50 am »
In Carl's words...

They should download the new version and have a play methinks.

;)

mattywig

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 12:37:19 am »
Hello Mark,

Is it better than my back n red notebooks that have all my customers wrote down in them and ticks when they've been cleaned and crossed when they have paid? I spend 5 minutes a day in the van updating these and they are extremely reliable and Ive yet to have one crash on me! LOL I am really a wc dinosaur? I was only 30 on sunday not that I celebrated it.

Hope your well regards Matty

rg1

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 09:05:33 am »
Yep I agree and they all have a cost attached. For £85ish you can get a great suite of Office applications - Word, Excel, Powerpoint (useful for demoing wfp to new custies.... ;) ). Add in the cost of Roundtracker and you are still quids in compared with WC PRO. IMO.

Carl, I wasn't trying to make comparisons between George, WCP & Roundtracker, they are all great programmes. I was merely pointing out the fact that Roundtracker requires Excel for it to work and if you don't already have Excel, it would be an extra expense that you need to be aware of.
The pen is mightier than the sword (and a lot easier to write with!)

George Systems

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 04:03:00 pm »
Printed worksheets - addresses difficult to read
When closing pages it returns a slowly filling blank page
Cannot personalise invoices with branding
Once expenses are in you ca't amend
No cashflow reporting

Hi

Just for the record

1) I've had no complaints about the address being hard to read
2) Not heard about that either
3) You can print your own logo on an invoice or use your own pre-printed letterhead
4) Not true
5) Not true

Paul Sanders
GeorgeSystems

Carl2009

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 05:08:02 pm »
Hi Paul,

You have a successful system liked and appreciated by many users. These were just my findings in Jan 2009.

Hope you have continued success.

Cheers

Carl