Moderator David@stives

Re: Ive been bad
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005, 11:40:35 am »
While I think you'd be nuts not to have public liability and most commercial customers want to see evidence of it,

True/False?

i think  that is rubbish ,with half of my work being commercial i have NEVER been asked for my p/l insurance .i clean 2 schools a nursery .4  large ,nursing homes ,doctors surgery ,council buildings ,dentist ,shops ,a camp site ,etc .

also NEVER been asked for method statements,risk assessments,etc .
or been asked about my working practices i.e. ladders .and i dont even have a van or uniform .the customers are just not interested.

when i went to quote the above camp site .i got out my file to show my creddentials ,and before i got to show them ,he just said ,"but can you clean windows".

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2005, 12:26:39 pm »
While I think you'd be nuts not to have public liability and most commercial customers want to see evidence of it,

True/False?

i think that is rubbish ,with half of my work being commercial i have NEVER been asked for my p/l insurance .i clean 2 schools a nursery .4 large ,nursing homes ,doctors surgery ,council buildings ,dentist ,shops ,a camp site ,etc .

Well, thank you for your opinion! ;D

The point I was making was that I didn't think it was a LEGAL requirement to have P/L insurance -

how about if I modify it to "SOME commercial customers" to make the statement accurate.

As to whether it's sensible to have P/L insurance is another matter.
It's a game of three halves!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2005, 12:34:41 pm »
sorry the first half of your statement is 100% accurate

Paul Coleman

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2005, 12:39:38 pm »

True/False?

i think  that is rubbish ,with half of my work being commercial i have NEVER been asked for my p/l insurance .i clean 2 schools a nursery .4  large ,nursing homes ,doctors surgery ,council buildings ,dentist ,shops ,a camp site ,etc .

also NEVER been asked for method statements,risk assessments,etc .
or been asked about my working practices i.e. ladders .and i dont even have a van or uniform .the customers are just not interested.

when i went to quote the above camp site .i got out my file to show my creddentials ,and before i got to show them ,he just said ,"but can you clean windows".

I don't have very much commercial work.  None of my commercial customers have ever asked me for the above info either.  I clean some nursery schools, a doctor's surgery, a factory, an acupuncturist training centre, an office and some guest houses.  I have only once ever been asked if I have insurance and that was for a largish (by my standards) office block that I cleaned until some years ago (off a ladder incidentally).  They just took my word for it that I had insurance.

Jon T.C.

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2005, 11:15:25 pm »
£5 million = £172 with MMA
Elite Cleaning Solutions

mark dew

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2005, 12:04:54 am »
I have 5 million cover for £125.

Hey, that is very good.  What company do you use?  Mine's up for renewal next month, although I don't require that level now; but I might ask them for a quote.

http://www.yourinsurance.co.uk/
Are the brokers.

Though i didn't go through them. I googled and found a link that compared P/L insurance. Filled out the details and up came a list.
They originally quoted me about £147 which was the cheapest by far that i found.
I did this about a month before my insurance was up and a couple of weeks later i got a call from them asking me if i was interested.
I told them i was but i couldn't afford to buy it at the moment unless they did instalments. (They only do it for more than £200 they told me.)
He asked me to wait, came back on and said that the quote had dropped to £125.61 and (the quote) was valid for a month. Bonus!! I took it out a week later.
I have only had 1 years P/L before paying £174 for 1 million for me and my ex.