mac74

Barbecue Grease On Glass
« on: September 30, 2020, 07:58:18 pm »
What do you guys use as a fast cold water degreaser with wfp?? It drives me mad when some people have barbecue's right next to their patio/bi fold back doors, as the cooking fat splashes all over the glass, making it hard to wash off with cold water. Thanks m

Re: Barbecue Grease On Glass
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 09:06:52 pm »
No nonsense degreaser from Screwfix. I mix it 50/50 with pure in 0.5 L plant spray bottle and spray on to glass or direct to brush ( if at height ).

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 09:09:36 pm »
Washing up liquid is cheap and will remove it easily squirt a bit on the  brush scrub and good rinse

Steven Biggs

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 09:29:59 pm »
If they are thick enough to bbq in front of there windows , it stays on .

carl stanton

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 10:28:04 pm »
Depends if they have cooked me a premium burger.

As above fairy liquid.  And I huff while I’m doing it 😋

mac74

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 11:47:04 pm »
Fairy is what i was doing, but what a f**k about  that is with cold! The screw fix stuff looks like a good bet from the Bg.Kuna post,  as ive also since come across it, whilst i was looking into this problem after my post. I also remembered  that i have some nearly full 6yr old (opened) G101 by autosmart in storage, and maybe this should also do it? But its cold water im using......

mac74

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 11:54:12 pm »
I feel this way too, big time!! But i reckon the customer wouldn't see it this way, as to them we are the window CLEANERS. Some numptys just don't get it!? Even on heavy paint roller flicks?

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 08:01:30 am »
I feel this way too, big time!! But i reckon the customer wouldn't see it this way, as to them we are the window CLEANERS. Some numptys just don't get it!? Even on heavy paint roller flicks?

Paint roller flicks stay on. We remove the other stuff with Jig cream cleaner but you have to be careful when using it.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

alank

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 08:14:08 am »
Had a few of these in the past and I've just used fairy and done them last. If possible I speak to the customer and point out that barbecues that close to patio doors is not a good idea and I find that when I return for the next clean they have when possible moved them so no longer a problem.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 08:16:53 am »
G101 will remove it.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 08:20:22 am »
Virosol. 👍

It’s designed to remove grease and fats.

Buy a small spray bottle and always keep it on your pouch. It gets used more times than I’d like. Especially in summer.

Even with hot water i need virosol to speed things up with some of the BBQ enthusiasts I seem to have on the round.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2020, 12:42:06 pm »
I don't find cooked grease comes off easily with any of the above when applied with a brush. I nearly always end up using a microfibre with neat No Nonsense degreaser and even then have to do it a couple of times at least.
Like alank, I try to educate my customers to site them further away from the house due to the mess they make
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2020, 09:32:28 pm »
No nonsense degreaser from Screwfix. I mix it 50/50 with pure in 0.5 L plant spray bottle and spray on to glass or direct to brush ( if at height ).

This.

Better then virosol and supercheap. Plus you can get it at any Screwfix. Which is basically everywhere!

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2020, 11:01:26 pm »

Don’t think you will get BBQ grease on high windows 😂😂😂😂