rb4no

what lance for tall lads
« on: May 01, 2024, 08:04:48 pm »
Recently purchased a 1200mm stainless lance with a bend in it thinking it would help with me being tall (6'2) to avoid back and neck ache from my much shorter lance. Thing is I found that the extra length acted like a lever with the turbo nozzle pushing up and think it was actually worse!!! What do you tall lads find useful?

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

Re: what lance for tall lads
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 09:57:53 am »
Made to measure.

Use the lance in another way.

The flow down onto the surface will support the weight of the lance and nozzle, so rather than holding the lance up you're holding it down.

Hand on trigger and other on phone.

When I say 'holding it down' that for me is literally a palm on the top of lance guiding it.

rb4no

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 02:40:57 pm »
What you suggest is actually what I found most comfortable, i.e. right hand on trigger, left hand palm down on top of the lance pipe, however even then it was most uncomfortable than my shorter lance. Is there any merit in using a straight lance?

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:33:22 am »
I'd say not because you're only getting the lower edge of the turbo nozzle on the surface, when pointing down.

To get the full use of it you would have to have your arm up above your head and pointing down.

I think probably applies to a fan nozzle as well.

The lance in the photo is about 1200, haas the bend and I can smoke work with that all day long.

It's either getting used to the slightly different angle you're working at or look at a lance between the two.

If you persevere with that lance and how you hold it I think you'll come good.

If you bring the angle down past a point you then start holding the lance up rather than holding it down.

I just find that so comfortable and easy.

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:35:38 am »
I think I know what it is - I've got to go and blast off my old horse trailer shortly.

I'll try and get a photo of how when I'm on long jobs I stick the trigger and hand holding it into my chest and shoulder