Maid4Brighton

Tarnished Taps
« on: October 18, 2008, 12:33:50 pm »
Hi I wonder if anyone can advise me, I have had a complaint from a customer who has said we have stained her new chrome taps while cleaning the bath. I personally cleaned the bath in question and used the same product (a general purpose bathroom cleaner) on the sink taps which have been unaffected.

When cleaning the bath I noticed a dark film that took some elbow grease to remove even with the cleaner, I believe this could have been hair dye or maybe fake tan would this tarnish chrome??? ....
Also can anyone advise a product that may restore the taps and remove the stain??
Many thanks

CATMAN

Re: Tarnished Taps
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 09:56:01 pm »
I once had a customer who said we stained the chrome in her electric fire and the front of her video recorder with carpet cleaning fluid.

I took the fluid in powdered form and mixed it with a small amount of water, to make a much stronger solution.

I told the customer if this solution now stained the fire and video I would replace them.

If it did not she should apologise

She did apologise.

In your case, I'd do the same with the taps, except if you are right, she should get herself a new cleaner.

What next, stains to the carpet, missing Rolex.

Regards Graham

garyj

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:42:12 pm »
Sounds to me like you or the customer have used a de-scaler and left it on too long, in which case the taps have had it.

Maid4Brighton

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 08:03:08 pm »
Thank you for your replies and CIU thanks for the email about using Bar Keepers Friend ... you were right it worked a treat.. after a bit of rubbing 

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:07:14 pm »
Hi Ken

Absolute pleasure, glad it worked for you. Can take a bit of scrubbing, also good if you leave it on for a minute, sometimes takes 2 treatments but it does work a treat.

Regards

Martin 8)

garyj

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 10:44:59 pm »
Well I wish I knew that years ago. Had to replace all the taps in a very big company once because  over use of de scaler had killed the brand new taps.