Richy L

i need some urgent help from graffiti removers... please
« on: January 22, 2008, 06:44:54 pm »
hi.

i just started this job, the big graffiti removal, i spent the first 9 hours on site today, and now im nackered!!!

The problem is, i still cant get all the paint off.
the chemicals im using are:

M176 Seldon - Full Power graffiti remover (for porous surfaces)
T018 Seldon - graffiti remover (for plastics and polycarbonates)
T070 Seldon - D-Solve graffiti remover(for brick and masonary work)
K14 Seldon - graffiti remover (spray gel)

also, im using some acid baced brick cleaner,
and hydrochloric acid.

My  pressure washer is a 35000psi, 12 ltrs/p/m
and im using a turbo spinner.

the graffiti is black, blue, red, green, silver, orange, white - it looks very pretty ::)

I need a reply ASAP please guys, if you can
Is there any way of getting the rest of this graffiti off(short of sandblasting), or is it stuck on there?

trevor perry

Re: i need some urgent help from graffiti removers... please
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 07:05:24 pm »
get in touch with graffitihotline tell them the problems you are having, a lot of the graffittists are always experimenting with different substances to combat the graffitti being removed they even mix there paint with battery acid so that it burns in, at graffittihotline they have a vast knowledge and have always found me a product that worked except from on one occasion.
  there prices are very reasonable and i am sure they can sort it for you , let us know how you get on.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:07:26 pm »
cheers trever,
But the problem is, i have to have the job completed by thursday at 5pm.
So i havnt got time to get anything sent by them.
Doesn anyone know what i can buy in and use tomorrow morning?

trevor perry

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 07:13:10 pm »
have you tried a normal nitromose paint remover from B and Q if this doesnt work then i would try fixing a sand blast attachment to your pressure washer, i think you can hire these from tool hire shops if you havnt got one, but instead of putting sand in the tub which can be a bit aggressive try filling it with soda crystals as these are not as aggressive and they dissolve in the water on contact so no cleaning up after yourself like with sand.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Richy L

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 07:16:59 pm »
the chemicals i have been using, seldon - full power, is the best i can get i have been told. it costs about £50 for 5ltrs.so it should be better than b&q stuff.

Have you, or anyone else, use a sand blaster but with soda crystals? does it work?

trevor perry

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 07:27:39 pm »
yes the sodacrystals do work , you mention seldon being the most powerfull remover which might be the case but sometimes it doesnt depend on the power of the remover as paints can be made of different ingredients so one powefull cleaner will work on some tags but not touch others where a different kind of chemical may be needed, you will find some marker pens are the worst and one chemical will work on one tag but not on others so no matter what strengh the chemical is you will always need an assortment of products to get good results.
    i am sorry i cannot be of more help to you, is there no way you can get the majority to a decent standard and put the rest of the job of till you have the right gear.

Richy L

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 07:50:49 pm »
well im going to give the company im subbing off, a call tomorrow. their hours are only 9-12 so ill have to ring them at 9 on the dot.

I've used graffiti wipes on the metal surfaces with chemicals and have had great results, its just nearly all the spray-paint has ghosted, mostly the dark colours.

Sometimes, does it just not come off. No matter what you use on the surface?

martin19842

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 08:47:24 pm »
hi there

is ghosting the main problem, you need to searc google ghost, there are  a number of products on the market that deal with the ghost problem, after the main paint has been removed.

where abouts are you.

i'll see what i can find in my reference info
regards

martin

Richy L

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 08:49:24 pm »
cheers martin that would be great!

im in cardiff.
I have been told that hydrochloric acid is good for ghosting, but it didnt do a thing on the brick, it did clean the cement inbetween though. but that not my problem, its the brick. its dark and light brick too.

martin19842

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 08:51:41 pm »

Richy L

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 09:02:13 pm »
cheers martin and trevor,

I have looked at their site, and ill see if i can get some in time. ill also google it to see if i can pick up some from cardiff.

martin19842

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 09:06:54 pm »
hi there

good luck, we've been there as well, usually happens to us when we are on a job ( not graffiti,) miles from base, at a weekend, and late at night.

we get jobs, where the deadlines come and slip,

best advice to you.

keep the client fully informed, its amazing how you can keep them onside, when they are fully upto speed with an issue.

regards

martin

Richy L

Re: i need some urgent help from graffiti removers... please New
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 09:10:41 pm »
i spoke to the foreman today, he asked me how it was going. he could see i had been working hard all day, and i told him that i just might not be able to get it off, but i would look into it a bit more, to find some more chemicals. he was was fine with it.

this is the job i told them would take 5 days, and they said get it done in 3! so i will be working 8-5 with 20mins break. i might work until 8 tomorrow though to get a lot done.

ace jetwash

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 09:12:00 pm »
richy, as you may know I am new to the forum and pressure washing, but graffitti on brickwork would have me heading not only to a commercial cleaning company as you have done, but also to local builders merchants, if they are like the ones round my way, they are extrade and are the nuts when it comes to problems i have had with brickwork.
good luck mate and keep us informed.

Richy L

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 09:19:34 pm »
i have done graffiti removal quite a few times, its just this job as court me offguard. I havnt come accross spray-paint this flippin' stubburn!

i use two cleaning chemical suppliers, but they dont have any ghost remover. this full power stuff i have been using, says "minimal ghosting" or something like that. but ive got quite a lot of ghosting there!

I would have taken photos,  but it was dark when i finshed, so i thought there would be no point. i will be taking before and after photos though. ill show you when im done.

scimitarclean

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 10:51:57 pm »
have a look at this web sit they do a lot of graffiti removal gear  http://www.tensid.com/index.php

James
IICRC,NCCA,Woolsafe

Roger Oakley

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 07:58:31 am »
have a look at this web sit they do a lot of graffiti removal gear  http://www.tensid.com/index.php

James
Richy,
Only just seen this post, but as scimitarclean has written give Tensid a call ask to speak to Richard Turk, he should be able to get you some samples in the post today which hopefully should solve your problem.

Good luck

Richy L

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 05:31:56 pm »
i tried Tensid. They said they could get me the ghost remover, but they couldnt guarentee i would get it thurday, but i needed a definate yes.
So i tried graffitihotline, and they said i could get it by 9:30 thursday morning! so i ended up getting it from them instead.

Tensid seemed like nice people, its just i needed a definate yes.

Ill be using it tomorrow, so ill have to see how it goes and get back to you all. ill try to get some pics up too.

cheers guys

trevor perry

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 10:20:47 pm »
just a tip on using the ghoster, it works best if the wall is dry when it is applied i know this isnt always possible but worth keeping in mind for real stubborn marks. i hope it goes well for you let us know