Ian Hudspith

SUSPENDED CEILING CLEANING
« on: July 08, 2007, 02:07:06 pm »
Hi,
I have been asked by my local social club to go in and quote for cleaning their
suspended ceilings one of which is 1700 sqft.

I have never tackled a job like this and would like to know if anyone can help me with the following.

best product to use

best way to clean a ceiling of this type

how much should i charge per sqft

and if anyone has a survey form i could download and use

thanks
ian

http://life-cote.co.uk

Derek_Walker

Re: SUSPENDED CEILING CLEANING
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 01:15:56 pm »
Hi Ian,

I have never cleaned a suspended ceiling but there are products available for such jobs. This normally involves spraying the ceiling tiles with a cleaning solution and leaving it to dry, but wiping all the surfaces in between the tiles.

Try Solutions UK   http://www.worldofclean.co.uk/index.php?productID=232

richyvezy

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:20:23 pm »
Ian

I have a Point-to-Point doc that should answer most if not all your questions about this line of work. It's an option I'm keeping open for the future myself.

Either give me your email addy or email me and I'll send it to you.

Richy

ceiling Pro

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 03:43:38 pm »
Hi everyone.
The only real solution is Ceiling Pro. This is now available in the UK and we are adding dealers all the time. If anyone needs help with this, contact me and I can put you in touch with a Dealer who would be happy to do the work on a contract basis. We also still have areas around the UK so, if it's something you may have an interest in, get in touch and we'll send you some information.
I'd be interested in hearing how you all got on and what products you used.

Thanks
Neil

steve doyle

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 05:13:45 pm »
I am sure people were not sat for years with dirty ceilings waiting for a cleaning pro franchise!

castleclean

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 07:21:48 pm »
just replace them its cheaper and cleaner

d s cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 03:54:15 pm »
I have never done a suspended ceiling before but had to quote for one last year but didnt get the job but after speaking to a company which erects them suggested using some products  manufactured by dynamic chemicals although expensive were highly recommended

dandandan

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 07:46:37 pm »
I HAVE JUST REPLACED MY SHOPS ENTIRE CEILING IN A DAY(200 TILES) AND IT LOOKS BRAND NEW.YOU CAN GET NEW TILES FROM £1.50.THEY CUT LIKE CHEESE.GET STYLE THAT FIT FLUSH WITH THE GRID.WIPE THE GRID AND LIGHT FITTINGS AND MAYBE CHANGE TUBES IF THEY ARE DULL AND THE RESULTS ARE BRILLIANT.THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE DUST WHEN TAKING THE OLD ONES OUT AND THE EXPENSE OF A SKIP.WEAR A MASK.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 08:21:49 pm »
Dandandan
Does that include removal of the old tiles.

Ceiling pro
What would  be the value of that job or the cost per sq meter on average. I was interested in adding this service but dont see the point if they are so cheap to buy

Cheers

dandandan

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 10:01:56 pm »
Yes,removed old tiles,cut new holes for cctv,air,con,speakers etc,skipped old ones and replaced new ones.Bit fiddly as ther were plenty of cables above ceiling.You need someone to pass tiles to off ladder and to pass new ones up to save getting up and down.I replaced all the whole tiles first then all the cuts round the outside which were all the same so it was straight forward,just used stanley knife.Like i said wear goggles taking old one down as dust is a pain.When i said a day it was a 12 hour one though.I used one of the cheapest grade of plain white tile but they are superb and stand out brilliant with the mirrored chrome ceiling grid which was fitted 7 years ago.

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 10:20:57 pm »
Ceiling pro
What would  be the value of that job or the cost per sq meter on average. I was interested in adding this service but dont see the point if they are so cheap to buy

cwmarsham

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 10:03:54 am »
Yes it may cost £1.50 a tile to replace but then you have to consider the cost of a skip, labour cost, cutting out re-fitting, the mess (dust n muck above the ceiling tiles) interuption to your business and timescale remember all the time the shop is shut refitting these tiles you are losing out on business, landfill cost then sealing or painting them only for the paint to peel off.The other option to call in a ceiling cleaner that will charge between £3.00-£4.00 per sq mtr a lot cleaner and a lot less mess.

dandandan

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 09:22:22 pm »
Skip was £80,done it myself so labour cost nothing,the customer pays labour charge to you if it`s a foriegner so your quids in anyway,as long as you take tiles out carefully it`s not too bad, the dust is a pain if you bang them into something and disturb it.They cut like cheese and i just did a section at a time while shops were open.I reckon you would have to cover everything and close down totally and for longer to spray the ceiling and wipe down,so both ways have their pros and cons,i had tiles that were chipped and scratched so no amount of spraying would make them look brand new.Even if you got your tiles trade for £1.50 to £2 you could double up to the customer or just put a pound on  and then charge them for the skip and cleaning of the frame.I changed all the light bulbs and starters and this made it look even better

RobPristine

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 04:17:50 pm »
The average price to install a new suspended ceiling is £20 pm2 including the grids tiles, removal of old ceiling installing the new tiles, skips etc, then you have associated issues electrics, asbestos checks etc etc, business down time. next you can just replace the tiles, companies charge around £8.00 for this but then you have to clean the grid, so you get all the associated problems mentioned above. cleaning the ceiling costs about £3-£4pm2 is very labour intensive, results are hit and miss depending on the tile type and age. Best is ceiling restoration re-spray the entire ceiling in situ, £3- £4 per metre, no need to wash down if correct coating is used. perfect uniform results, one of my two man teams can spray at least 300 - 400m2 per shifty in occupied premises. we recently sprayed a 6000m2 supermarket at nights in ten shifts with three men. contact www.pristineceilings.co.uk for more information, we do the servicve or supply the materials at www.spray-shop.co.uk  cheers. did ceiling cleaning for years, hated it, this is the way to go