jk999

Re: gardiner poles
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2020, 11:22:34 pm »
Bought two backpack s just over 3months ago each one with vat around £108 today £120 each what is it with alot of companies putting prices up while all this covid is going on 😳😳😳

NWH

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2020, 11:42:01 pm »
Because they know it’ll have to happen when all this calms down everything will go up,just about all you buy will increase as well as Tax and Nat ins.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2020, 06:37:15 am »
Bought two backpack s just over 3months ago each one with vat around £108 today £120 each what is it with alot of companies putting prices up while all this covid is going on 😳😳😳

Supply and demand.......loads of new start ups everywhere and the first thing they start with (usually) is a backpack as it's the cheapest way into wfp......

Same with window cleaners....once your busy enough we all tend to price new work higher.....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2020, 11:01:09 am »
I reckon it’s mainly existing WCs spending the grant and bounce back money,even in the darkest times before all this with the last 2 recessions hardly saw any newbies about.
If you have the work and they are decent people you’ll keep your work,most people but not all will stick with you they know you may struggle with all what’s going on the worst is you may get pushed back a bit on frequency. 👍

Simon Trapani

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 01:26:57 pm »

I would hazard a guess it’s because a lot of businesses now have increased costs due to covid.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 01:32:25 pm »
Bounce back spending that’s what I reckon window cleaners with too much money in the bank as they’ve been carrying on as usual lol 👌.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2020, 10:48:06 am »
their quality gone down hill recently

Why do you say that?

They are still the best supplier out there in my experience.

There was some waffle going around that “the poles aren’t as solid as they used to be” but it was confirmed that they are the same standard, and my gear has been spot on still. New and old alike.

I wouldn't say the quality is lacking but their stock does seem to be dwindling I went on their website this week to order 6mm Microbore and it seems they no longer stock it and only this morning I went on their website to look at semi rigid hose & John Guest fittings .... guess what they don't stock those anymore either, I did also notice they no longer have RO systems either I thought they were "THE" WFP supply company

Like others have said they used to be my No1 supplier but more and more I find im having to look elsewhere, Guess its only a matter of time before they close altogether

High-Tower

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2020, 11:59:35 am »
I wouldn't say the quality is lacking but their stock does seem to be dwindling I went on their website this week to order 6mm Microbore and it seems they no longer stock it and only this morning I went on their website to look at semi rigid hose & John Guest fittings .... guess what they don't stock those anymore either, I did also notice they no longer have RO systems either I thought they were "THE" WFP supply company

Like others have said they used to be my No1 supplier but more and more I find im having to look elsewhere, Guess its only a matter of time before they close altogether

They aren’t going anywhere, they are just focussing on the core of their business. Just the same as when window cleaners give up various add-ons to focus on regular windows or whatever.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2020, 12:10:14 pm »
Spot on i think. They’re just concentrating on poles because they probably get so much sh!t & grief about all the other stuff even though their customer service is second to none.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2020, 12:18:24 pm »
They dont sell resin anymore either.......personally like others have said  I think Alex is basically streamlining his business.....they are only a small family run company and poles and brushes are probably their main sellers and inevitably their business will be busier due to WFP being the main way modern window cleaners clean windows......everywhere you look window cleaners are using wfp.....very few trad guys left now.....
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2020, 12:28:21 pm »
their quality gone down hill recently

Why do you say that?

They are still the best supplier out there in my experience.

There was some waffle going around that “the poles aren’t as solid as they used to be” but it was confirmed that they are the same standard, and my gear has been spot on still. New and old alike.

Grippatank is now supplying what Gardiners used to stock. Daqua is also supplying components that Gardiners used to sell as well.

Alex did explain that it was costing his business so much with additional staffing levels to sell stuff with very little profit margins that they decided to focus on their core business. I'm sure he said that they were employing 27 people part time when they were carrying all this stock.

We haven't seen you on here for a long time so I guess you probably missed all the discussions regarding it.

Yes, I agree, he was my main source of supply and it is difficult going elsewhere. I better order a new pole before he closes down then.  ;D

Actually I'm assured by the other posters that he isn't closing down so I will breathe a sigh of relief and save my order for later.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)