Len Gribble

Re: A word of Warning (Update)
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2004, 04:46:43 pm »
Woodman

I know Musicman personally although we live in different parts of the country, it a shame that this person doesn’t live in my party of the world!!!! >:( >:(

Musicman sorry to here a scumbag ripped you off.

He appears to be a limited com any recourse on this also noted similar names in that part of the world

B.J.L.Cleaning Services Ltd

Unit 7 Culzean Place, Glamis Centre, Glenrothes KY7 4RX

BJL Cleaning Services Ltd
Barry Livingstone
2 Poplar Road
Glenrothes
KY6 Scotland

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

stevekennedy

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2004, 04:52:40 pm »
Definitely pursue him through the small claims court. It will cost NOTHING at all.

Hope you get him (and your cash) ;)

DP

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2004, 06:17:57 pm »
Sorry guys, something really smells about all this, just think about it for a mo, someone is getting played here and I don’t think its Musicman unless he has had a recent lobotomy.
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

woodman

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2004, 06:23:31 pm »
what on earth do you mean ???

mark_roberts

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2004, 07:01:42 pm »
Why dosent the 'admin' only allow people to use correct names on this board and even to provide a trading address.  Cut out a lot of crap we see.

Mark

Fox

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2004, 12:19:37 am »
Hmmmm - wondering myself what is going on?!?  Several people have put up contact name / address for Barry Livingstone - Musicman would have already done his homework on this - afterall he would know the address, -  he did have it shipped to him!

So what I'm wondering is what the post on here would do to make Barry return the machine when obviously he would have been contacted several times by said parties.

I also wonder why woodman posted this subject and not Musicman, maybe it will be said because of legal implications but surely that wouldn't wash as woodman would be seen as a vocal tool for the plaintive.

Well DP you got me thinking as Musicman is not stupid and with such a clear cut situation I am sure he would have resolved the matter without advice from others on the forum.

Fox

supershine

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2004, 04:21:15 pm »
He is very lucky that he dont live in Cyprus ;D ;D

CATMAN

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2004, 09:30:15 am »
Musicman,

You should take this guy to court, because in the end you should get back what you paid out. It will also stop him obtaining credit with a ccj against him.

How many other suppliers has he done this too and thought he can get away with.

People like him need to be put out of business, as the cleaning industry don't need him.

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2004, 11:11:10 am »
Sorry guys, something really smells about all this, just think about it for a mo, someone is getting played here and I don’t think its Musicman unless he has had a recent lobotomy.

Hi DP

I've emailed Barry twice to ask him his side of the story. We know that both he and the Company exists, he would have appeared to have had every opportunity to explain his version of events but has not done so - I'm not quite sure what you're getting at?

Unfortunately, the small claims court is not as straightforward for Scottish debtors as it is for English ones!

Does anyone here know Barry Livingston? I think the most optimistic way of sorting the problem is to arrange to go and collect it.

Regards

Mike

DP

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2004, 03:55:46 am »
Hi Woodman/Mike

My point here is that this can only be half the story. Irrespective of the moral issues and whether this guy is guilty or not.

I find it very difficult to understand:

1) How Musicman made these mistakes in the first place like sending a £1000 piece of kit to a stranger in Scotland without any precautions. He simply isn’t that wet behind the ears.

2) If he really did make these mistakes, why would he then be happy for Woodman to publish all about it on here, bearing in mind the obvious views that some people might derive about the situation or him as a result and I don’t mean the "burn the witch" ones.  This can only compromise Musicmans position. 

3) Why if all is straight forward has he not taken any real action about it up till now and simply just dealt with it, he would know what to do. Even in Scotland its not that difficult, unless he knows he cant for some reason. Was there a dispute?

4) As Fox indicated, what could he get from here that he couldn’t already deal with himself and why is Woodman posting as there would be no legal difference in respect of public beratement. 

5) Is Express involved in this transaction somehow in respect of your emails to him, or do you know him personally. Otherwise why would he talk to a stranger or somebody that’s not involved about the matter?

6) Why would somebody simply not pay for something if they felt they could be held responsible and suffer the consequences unless they felt very confident about their situation.

On a separate note (and with respect):
Why has CIU got involved at this level thereby risking liability? I understand the moral issues of course but its not apparently been resolved yet so isnt it all premature?

Although if this is the start of a cleaning version of WATCHDOG, it might be an idea to start a new category, I can give you half a dozen to start you off  ;) ;D

However there is always a reason for everything

So my question is,  what’s the rest of the story??
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2004, 01:13:25 pm »

5) Is Express involved in this transaction somehow in respect of your emails to him, or do you know him personally. Otherwise why would he talk to a stranger or somebody that’s not involved about the matter?

On a separate note (and with respect):
Why has CIU got involved at this level thereby risking liability? I understand the moral issues of course but its not apparently been resolved yet so isnt it all premature?

However there is always a reason for everything

So my question is,  what’s the rest of the story??

Hi DP

We didn't have anything to do the the 'transaction' at all - it is purely a moral involvement.

Although I know Musicman I wanted to email Barry Livingston myself before I was happy for anyone to start mentioning names here on the forum. I'm aware that there are 2 sides to a story but as Barry hasn't responded I have to assume that all the facts we've been given are true and accurate. If the machine was sent in good faith and hasn't been returned or paid for then I can't see what defence he has.

If it is a simple 'misunderstanding' that can be resolved (like who was going to pay to have it returned) then I'm perfectly happy to remove all references to it. If there's more to it than meets the eye then Barry is welcome to let me know and, again, I would be happy to remove the topic.

When people don't return emails or phone calls it's difficult to balance their side of the story!

Regards

Mike

stevekennedy

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2004, 02:49:28 pm »

Unfortunately, the small claims court is not as straightforward for Scottish debtors as it is for English ones!

Err.....  I AM Scottish Mike  ???

Len Gribble

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2004, 07:35:03 pm »
Steve

I believe two different legal systems English/Welsh law then you have Scottish law plus a vote in our parliament. ;D ;D   Jock sorry cant spell joke!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2004, 01:06:24 pm »

Err.....  I AM Scottish Mike  ???

Sorry Steve, I'm not sure I understand your post?

What I was saying was, of all the bad debts we've had, it's the Scottish ones that we've had most problems resolving through the courts - the whole system with the Procurator Fiscal is not as straighforward as it is with the Small Claims Court. You can't simply get a County Court Judgment and then send in a Bailiff.

Regards

Mike

Doug Holloway

Re: A word of Warning (Update) New
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2005, 09:51:09 am »
Hi Guys,

I'm with Mark Roberts on this.

We seem to have various men/women? using psuedonyms who are naming the alledged perpertrator of a fraud.

It would have a lot more credability if the accusers would tell us who they are!

Cheers,

Doug