woodman

Pressure washing on building sites
« on: November 04, 2004, 02:09:58 pm »
Can any of you chaps offer some advice,

Are any of you involved in pressure washing on new building sites
cleaning muddy drives,paths,walls etc basically washing off the mud and dirt from a new build. (must go home caked in ***t ;D)

Do any of you folk do this kind of work and how do you price it .

A good friend of mine has just been offered such work but does not know how to price it and asked me but it's just not my game at all.

Woodman

Alex

Re: Pressure washing on building sites
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 03:04:57 pm »
Depends on how big the site is and what he's willing to work for, I do this kind of work and it's not the best job by any stretch of the imagination. I would suggest he works of how much fuel he'll use and equipment overheads, then add a % for he wage.

He also needs to understand the payment terms (re waiting time)

Hope this helps

Alex

adl

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 06:48:14 pm »
Dont forget as you are doing work on a building site you will have 18% deducted for CIS, so get a CIS 4 card the building contractor will then give you a voucher for your 18% which you can ofset against your NI or PAYE ect personally we save all our vouchers which we will reedeem (upto now have over 6K saved up in vouchers since may this year)

regards Dave ADL

martin19842

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 08:03:55 pm »
hi there,

we carry a petrol pressure washer, on board.

every time we turn her on we are looking at a starting charge of £50.00.

and then multiples of that depending on the job, site etc. 

driveways, and paths of houses, would come in at the starting charge, but we do a lot of work on sites, so the old pressure washer could be fired up three times a week, its purely a bonus for us.

regards

martin

Keith_Robertson

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 07:33:28 am »
Hi Woodman,

One important point that can be missed is that most insurance policies do not automatically cover for the use of a pressure washer.   It is usually an add on which can cost another £1000.00 per year.  Important to check with broker or insurance company.   As many of us diversify away from our core business it becomes vital to ensure all our activities are fully covered.   This can limit the number of insurers willing to give full cover with treatment risk.

Regards,

Keith

martin19842

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 03:09:50 pm »
thats a good and valid point keith.

at the same time, if you are dealing with a good broker or insurance company, they should ask these questions regarding potential extras, jet washing, hired in plant, 110v kit, etc.

regards

martin

blccleaning

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 12:32:10 am »
Pressure washing on sites require usually a petrol washer, lots of hosing, full suits, a turbo lance and your own water hydrant.

You are there because someone else has mucked up - do a good job and other sites will hear about you.

Stewart