wkidcaff

Sanitary Disposal
« on: October 27, 2005, 03:45:42 pm »
Hi all,

We are currently investigating diversifying our range of services into sanitary disposal, as we have been let down one to many times by our current suppliers.

my problem is, that i can't even begin to think of where to get information on this.   I've found some basic info on the duty of care documentation needed, but am drawing blanks on finding out about disposal points etc.

thanks

martin19842

Re: Sanitary Disposal
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 05:11:54 pm »
hi there

i wouldnt even think about it, you must be able to do a deal with phs or rentokil.

You are venturing into yelow bag waste, waste licences, registered disposal, etc, etc , and for the money that the big boys charge, you wouldnt be able to come near them.

its only an opinion

regards

martin

*Chris Browne

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 05:35:03 pm »
Yea second that ,dont even think about it , its so dirt cheap to sort out with phs or  rentokill and the likes, they will take all the bother out of it for you and you can make a very nice tidy profit as well by passing it on to your client!

chris

garyj

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 05:43:36 pm »
I'll 3rd that them. BTW, we buy the service for £2.00 per bin, what rates do you get?

*Chris Browne

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 06:08:09 pm »
yep, thats about the sameish.

chris

CMS

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 08:05:11 pm »
I'll agree wholeheartedly with the previous posters.

Just do a deal with someone else...........PHS preferably.

Just let them run it and take your cut!

Fox

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 06:23:43 am »
Hi

You can always buy the bins yourself and then pay an agency for emptying only, your profit will be slightly higher but it will also give you the opportunity to grow this part of the business if thats what you want.

There is a minimum charge for disposal of yellow bags so until you have about 50 bins out and about it is not worth doing your own disposal.

As Martin says there are many regs on this type of work so be sure to check out everything.  Contact your local environmental health for further info.

Fox

Tim Downer

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 07:50:57 am »
If you go down the road to getting a company to do the bins for you, make sure in the contract between you both you state the frequency / dates of removing the bins in your contract, as a company one of my clients used to have said they would swap the bins 24 times a year! You would have assumed that this would be every fortnight!! Couple of months missed completely while other months would come 4 times. The contract stated 24 visits a year! So they did......
Just a thought, that was all, especially if you are going to sub-contract it out but still you are providing the service as far as the client is aware. Dont want to tarnish your reputation because another company lets you down.

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"