wpclean

Different websites for different sevices ?
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:08:19 pm »
I currently provide three different services-

window cleaning,

gutter clearing,

and upvc cleaning,

Is it better to have three different websites with different domain names for maximum exposure on google etc ?   Thanks in advance for advice  ;D

BDCS

Re: Different websites for different sevices ?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 09:16:14 pm »
You can have different URL's all pointing to a different page on the same site and then they see the different services you offer.

Blast Off Stoke

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 10:11:15 pm »
I do see what your saying about more potential web coverage but i would of thought having the one site with all services on would be better and more professional ,surely all your services are all related to each other and come as  a job lot.
Aswell as that you would have all the extra costs.

Daria Taylor

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 04:15:43 pm »
we have tried this and it was waste of time,  :-X

wpclean

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 05:49:54 pm »
Thanks for replies guys .

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 09:42:32 pm »
Ask John Garnett how it works for him. He has 3, and he seems to be doing very well from them:

http://johnthewindowcleaner.com/
http://www.majesticwindowcleaning.co.uk/
http://www.gutterclean.org.uk/

Powerwasher

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:30:26 am »
Yep, its complete rubbish saying having different websites for different services does not work....if you can afford it...do it..content content content!

Pristine Clean

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 02:41:03 pm »
We also have many different websites.

So do many large corporate companies. It works. We do. And it is working for us.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Adam P

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 10:30:43 pm »
maybe start with one, then when it is at a good spot start making separate sites for each service. the reason people go against it is simply because you have to promote say 3/4 different sites, which means 3/4 times the amount of seo work.

in my opinion it works best if the services don't go so well together, e.g. domestic cleaning and commercial cleaning are better separated, but perhaps the 3 you have listed complement each other and may get you more work, e.g. customer comes looking to have windows cleaned, then sees that you do a great job on patio cleaning which they hadn't previously thought about but now have as the images shown a massive difference for decent price, then also books that in.

wpclean

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 11:43:29 pm »
Nice website Green, do you get much work from it ?

Adam P

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 12:05:10 am »
all of it ;) as such. all our customers (unless they're recommendations) go to our website through whatever advertising we do, then contact us. we're currently doing no other advertising, but it's very high on the to do list as i know we're missing out on potential clients, just didn't want to do it until we had other things sorted, which they now are :)