andyM

Re: Screwfix no nonsense degreaser
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2017, 05:23:27 am »
I'm sure chemicals do work , I'm just stingy and don't like buying stuff

Most of the time I just use pure too.
But I reckon this degreaser does help to make the job quicker.
One of the Plebs

Tosh

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2017, 08:01:54 am »

The chemicals required to do a conservatory roof would cost less than £1.00, and save you lots of water, labour time and produce a better and more satisfactory result.

Why be stingy?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

jonboywalton75

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2017, 08:02:50 am »
That's the point, if you spend a little to make the job quicker.
Time IS money!!!

Shrek

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2017, 08:07:37 am »

The chemicals required to do a conservatory roof would cost less than £1.00, and save you lots of water, labour time and produce a better and more satisfactory result.

Why be stingy?

I'm not quite sure they produce a better result, however I'm sure they would save time

Shrek

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2017, 08:08:18 am »
That's the point, if you spend a little to make the job quicker.
Time IS money!!!

You're right there

Tosh

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2017, 08:48:30 am »
This gear has a pH of 12.0. Virosol has a pH of 12.8 (I think), I guess that means this gear needs to be used with equal caution as Virosol in that case? Avoiding self-cleaning glass and aluminium frames with it?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

chris turner

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2017, 08:57:33 am »
This gear has a pH of 12.0. Virosol has a pH of 12.8 (I think), I guess that means this gear needs to be used with equal caution as Virosol in that case? Avoiding self-cleaning glass and aluminium frames with it?

Iv cleaned 2 conservatories with self cleaning glass and had no problems with no nonsense.
No nonsense is a clear liquid so doesn't stain and rinses off very easily.

Tosh

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2017, 09:13:37 am »
Ive got a conservatory that got buggered last time I used Virosol on its roof, I might do a test patch on it with the No Nonsense stuff.

I used Virosol on some ally frames last week, its had to go to my insurance company  :-\ :-\ 

Always read the label.

NWH

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2017, 04:58:15 pm »
I got 15 litres of it and found it no better than fairy liquid it says it removes oil from brick also,it doesn't. I can't remember where I saw it but I saw a demo of someone who sprayed some chemical on gutters facias etc waited 10 minutes and when water made contact with it the green mildew and dirt literally fell off the plastic.

Tosh

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2017, 05:09:44 pm »
I got 15 litres of it and found it no better than fairy liquid it says it removes oil from brick also,it doesn't. I can't remember where I saw it but I saw a demo of someone who sprayed some chemical on gutters facias etc waited 10 minutes and when water made contact with it the green mildew and dirt literally fell off the plastic.

I've seen that video before, I don't know what product it was they were using maybe it was some sort of soft wash   

Mike Halliday

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2017, 07:08:21 pm »
I tried and found it no better than the multitude of other stuff I've tried.

I think the market for cleaning organic matter off UPVC  is (in the whole cleaning world) very small,  so no research has been done on the subject to create a cleaner for the job.

If I was the head of a large multinational chemical company I would tell my army of chemist to look at chemicals that damage or destroy organic matter.......  maybe nuclear based or a biohazard pathogen
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

MNWC

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2017, 07:09:03 am »
STOP BUYING THE STUFF  Theyve now put it up to £8.99  >:( >:(
http://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-heavy-duty-degreaser-5ltr/88668

the king

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2017, 09:25:45 am »
how meny of you tryed scotts tfr20 ? ivbe tryed all the above and they all need a 5 minit + dwell time to be affetive  were tfr20 works in seconds spray on then give a quick scrub job done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBtDxpWVsgE