Tyler Williams

Customer complaints?
« on: March 26, 2020, 12:02:30 pm »
Hi guys, how do you handle complaints from customers? Bit of background info:

Just had a customer cancel when it's due next week. Normally I text the night before to let them know I'm coming. I bought this work of another window cleaner 6 months ago and he was charging £5 for this property when really it should be at least £8 at a minimum. Last time I went I raised the price to £6.

Fast forward to this morning and I have a text off this customer cancelling. I asked her why this was and if there was something wrong with the service I provide. She then messages me back saying

"Wasnt happy this time or last and now the price has gone up"

She made no effort to contact me to say she wasnt happy on previous occasions and when I text to say I'm coming she says that's fine and has no indication of a problem.

Any thoughts?

TomCrowther

Re: Customer complaints?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 12:13:42 pm »
some you win and some you lose mate

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 12:32:42 pm »
Finding an excuse to cancel non essential outgoings as people are looking after number one, themselves and just dealing with the current situation they are in.

Tyler Williams

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 12:37:01 pm »
Finding an excuse to cancel non essential outgoings as people are looking after number one, themselves and just dealing with the current situation they are in.

I really want to reply and say well you never mentioned this before 😂

I understand people wanting to stop non essential costs atm but just be honest like I totally get it 🙄

LBWCS

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 12:39:22 pm »
For £8 mate I wouldn’t worry about it.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 12:40:48 pm »
My only thought is you desperately need to increase your prices and you made a mistake buying that round.

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 12:53:54 pm »
In my experiance you normally lose 10% of customers when you buy a round for multiple reasons,so you have to expect a fallout when you buy, Suspect the seller had an idea these had financial issue which was why he only charged them a fiver.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

Tyler Williams

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 01:14:23 pm »
My only thought is you desperately need to increase your prices and you made a mistake buying that round.

Bought it ages ago this is my first year being self employed and desperately needed the money. Was definitely a mistake though and I wouldn't do it again 😂

Tyler Williams

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 01:15:33 pm »
In my experiance you normally lose 10% of customers when you buy a round for multiple reasons,so you have to expect a fallout when you buy, Suspect the seller had an idea these had financial issue which was why he only charged them a fiver.

Dont think theres financial issues he only charged cheap anyways. Bit of a cowboy, did it out his car, no ladders and only did the ground floor of properties. Charged absolutely peanuts aswell

Ste b

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 01:48:51 pm »
Dear mrs xxx

Thank you for your past custom,

All the best.

Then crack on not worth worrying about
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

Tyler Williams

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 01:50:35 pm »
Dear mrs xxx

All the best.

Normally woulndt care as much but with all that's going on I'm a bit more anxious. Doubt well be picking anymore customers up in coming few months

Marko

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 02:17:44 pm »
Don't worry about it mate - you win some you lose some. Pity her next cleaner 😖
I've took some extra work on recently from a guy who's gone travelling - worked off a ladder, prices cheap as chips.
1st time I cleaned them I put all the prices up to suit me and not 1 person moaned (in fact a few even commented they were getting away with a cheap clean for years!!)
Then I put a clean up a £1 on one of my regulars that I've been doing for ages and they moan and cancel ?? Life's a funny old game 😂

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 03:07:57 pm »
Dear mrs xxx

All the best.

Normally woulndt care as much but with all that's going on I'm a bit more anxious. Doubt well be picking anymore customers up in coming few months
Mate, with that attitude you'll get no where....

I have picked up 5 or 6 jobs this week and a good few hundred quid in extras too without trying.

The works always out there if you want it bad enough.

Tyler Williams

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 05:26:11 pm »
Dear mrs xxx

All the best.

Mate, with that attitude you'll get no where....

I have picked up 5 or 6 jobs this week and a good few hundred quid in extras too without trying.

The works always out there if you want it bad enough.

With all the u certainty and the majority of people not working I just cant see people prioritizing window cleaning 🤷‍♂️ may pick up the odd one or two that see you but I dont think this is the right time for rapid expansion which was going to be my goal before this kicked off