alank

Long poles and short poles
« on: June 02, 2018, 02:55:46 pm »
We currently use slx 18s and 25s for all of our work but I'm thinking of ordering a couple of short poles for doing the downs mostly for the compact work just thinking why use a long pole for everything when we only need it really for the ups. Would think it only takes seconds to swap over and then use the lighter shorter pole to do downs especially the awkward access conservatory side's and hate working with a longer collapsed pole length when there is metal railings or other obstructions behind me. Does anyone else currently work like this and have you found it improves or makes your day any easier.  Thanks  ;D

Stoots

Re: Long poles and short poles
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 03:07:34 pm »
Bungalows aside I reckon you'll soon get fed up of fannying about swapping.

robbo333

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 03:09:58 pm »
I use the extreme 22 for everything.
If it gets real tight then I angle the brush head at 90 degrees to the pole and clean that way.
Or if it's real, real tight, I'll trad it.
I think i'd get fed up swapping over.

Thinking about it...on occasions, i've taken the brush off the head of the pole and used it as 'hand brush' just pull through enough pole hose. It actually works quite well.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Windy Miller

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 03:14:09 pm »
When I bought my slx25 I continued to use my first pole which was a clx22 for everything except those which it didn't reach and I soon got fed up chopping and changing on the one house which I'm sure you will do too and I just stuck to the slx25 pole which would reach everything.
A shorter pole for bungalow only work is a great addition though, I have an old clx14 which isn't in production anymore but it's a breath of fresh air to not have to use the longer poles on this work but I couldn't be arsed going back to the van to swap about poles when moving from upstairs to downstairs on one house.

alank

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 03:17:09 pm »
Cheers I angle the brush to suit aswel was considering doing ups on compact work then swop once do the downs but like yous say I would have to swap back again for the next run of ups it might be too much faff but im definitely thinking about it ;D

alank

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 03:21:05 pm »
Cheers windy understand what you are saying when working on one house was thinking of doing it mainly on compact runs. The first two weeks of my work is compact and only move my pickup a few times each visit.

Cookie

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 05:13:46 pm »
I use a CLX-10 alongside my Extreme-22. The CLX-10 is a brilliant little pole for bungalows, conservatories and even some first floor windows on some houses.  Because it's collapsed length is so much shorter than a 22ft pole it's much easier to use in confined spaces.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 05:34:51 pm »
Just disconnect your gooseneck from your pole and rest it on the floor and clean  ;D

Or forget a second pole and just by a gooseneck and brush  ;D ;D ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

alank

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 05:46:49 pm »
Cheers cookie it's the clx that I think I will go for the shorter collapsed length is good as storage is a bit tight  ;D I've never tried using just the goose neck and brush though. Cheers paul ;D

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 07:01:30 pm »
I use the extreme 22 for everything.
If it gets real tight then I angle the brush head at 90 degrees to the pole and clean that way.
Or if it's real, real tight, I'll trad it.
I think i'd get fed up swapping over.

Thinking about it...on occasions, i've taken the brush off the head of the pole and used it as 'hand brush' just pull through enough pole hose. It actually works quite well.

This is exactly the way I work
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 07:08:30 pm »
The shortest poles we have are 18 extreame and 18 slx generaly don’t have a problem Evan in confined spaces with them

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 08:41:04 pm »
I've got a clx4  but only use it for washing my van and car....

I'd stick to one pole for ups and downs....your just making your work less efficient fannying around switching poles all the time.no need.... ;)

price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 03:50:19 pm »
I used this method for a few years then stopped ,  as said it is a faff .
Although i have recently set up a downstairs pole again , it only gets used on certain stuff like runs of terraced houses , i go through all the tops and swap poles and then do the downs.
Also it comes out on the larger properties with connies and the like , but as a rule if its straight forward 3 bedders its an 18 SLX all the way round .
Look at the type of work you have , that is key to if you need it or not , handy to have though either way .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

alank

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 04:08:55 pm »
Thanks for all the comments lads I think I will try one out on some of the work and see how it goes if am not impressed I will stick a flocked brush on it and use it to wash the motor. Cheers dasmond  ;D   ;D

Den68

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 05:59:10 pm »
I have a clx4 for bungalows my favourite pole 😊

DeLuce

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 07:10:24 pm »
Same as Robbo mainly.

I have also made a short pole from my snapped Xtreme sections which I use for washing the car and a few bungalows that I do. Just cut them down so two clamping points are available (unless you've got the x3). Very light lol  ;D