Stoots

Leccy Reel that spools itself nicely?
« on: May 30, 2018, 08:45:07 pm »
Are there any electric reels on the market that can be operated by remote and spool themselves without tangling up?

I want to be able to press remote walking back to van and it reels it in without be having to guide it on by hand. I made a d.i.y leccy reel but if you dont manually make sure its going onto the reel evenly you end up with it building up in one spot then when you come to pull it out it all snags up on itself.

Just looking to save a minute per job.

High-Tower

Re: Leccy Reel that spools itself nicely?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 08:53:00 pm »
Waterworks had a prototype that worked, but not seen anything of it since.

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 09:00:40 pm »
Only problem with that is you dont get to clean the hose especially if it has grit etc on it as its reeling in. It's not exactly hard to layer the hose on the reel when its reeling in.

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 09:07:23 pm »
Only problem with that is you dont get to clean the hose especially if it has grit etc on it as its reeling in. It's not exactly hard to layer the hose on the reel when its reeling in.

well i want to start reeling as im walking back ideally, just need something to lay the hose on

yes i remember a waterworks video months ago but dont think it ever went to market

DeLuce

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 06:39:29 am »
I looked for that waterworks one when on the lookout for a new reel. Couldn't find it anywhere but on YouTube video.
That will be the ultimate reel!

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 07:10:10 am »
You could only do that in dry conditions unless you wanted to flood your van from water on the hose, plus it would get on the workings of the reel and possibly cause problems with connections.

With a remote and auto spoiling reel Your Mayb going to save 20 seconds per job tops.

Waterworks reels reel 100 meters in 30 seconds. Just walk back to the van, grab a cloth, and hit he button. your on your way in seconds. A spooling reel is complicating things too much I think.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 07:15:53 am »
You could put a cloth or something on the near the roller.

Don't know about you guys but the amount of time you are reeling in then have to go back and unsnag the hose or if you are in a house with loads of plant pots etc sometimes you have to drag all the hose back to the van. Then when reeling in it all tangles up, catches under van tyre etc.

With a self spilling hose you could set it off freeing the hose as you walked back.

It's only a minute per job perhaps but it all adds up, marginal gains.

I will call waterworks and see if the one they had on the video is ever going to make it into production, can't find any others online.