Shrek

Who’s got a leak free fitting for their hose reel ?
« on: May 23, 2018, 08:10:16 pm »

Sick of these leaking , anyone got a link for a leak free fitting please for where your hose goes from your pump and meets your hose reel?

Cheers 👍

Phil J

Re: Who’s got a leak free fitting for their hose reel ?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 08:27:23 pm »
I feel your pain Shrek, it's a constant battle. Real Pita during winter, tolerable in summer as the van dries out quickly. Joys of the job I'm afraid!

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:42:30 pm »
I feel your pain Shrek, it's a constant battle. Real Pita during winter, tolerable in summer as the van dries out quickly. Joys of the job I'm afraid!

Iv just tried 3 different hoselock fittings and they all leak  :'(

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 08:44:58 pm »
buy a decent good quality hose reel is your answer really ...job sorted! I use the pro26 fittings for my hd reel never leaked/ dripped in over a year  i've had it.

Dazzler3370

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 08:46:43 pm »
Gardiners sell leak free ones.
They are stainless steel.
Dazzler

Dazzler3370

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 08:52:44 pm »
Dazzler

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 08:53:20 pm »
buy a decent good quality hose reel is your answer really ...job sorted! I use the pro26 fittings for my hd reel never leaked/ dripped in over a year  i've had it.

It’s a pure freedom reel , it is quality!

Il check out the pro26 fittings cheers

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 08:54:28 pm »
Gardiners sell leak free ones.
They are stainless steel.

Thanks il check these out

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 08:57:58 pm »

Yes but by the looks of it the thread on the spindle only allows you to put the hozelock  screw type fitting on it. Unless you can get some kind of reducer then you will have to stick to hozelock fittings.

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 09:00:26 pm »

Yes but by the looks of it the thread on the spindle only allows you to put the hozelock  screw type fitting on it. Unless you can get some kind of reducer then you will have to stick to hozelock fittings.

I see what your saying 👍

Gonna order one of these , see if it improves things

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/garden-hose-couplings/quick-release-straight-through-coupling-with-a-hose-barb.html

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 09:53:37 pm »
I use a car radiator hose, bought from ebay. Mostly due to the hot water aspects but I have it direct to the swivel elbow via a jubilee clip. No issues with leaks, regardless if hot or cold.
So fasten your hose direct
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 10:11:25 pm »
We use very hot water with a variety of fittings normal hose lock , the stainless steel ones Gardiners sell and never have any leaks , cheak that the plastic lugs arnt broken that hold the female on to the male that’s the only time we get a leak on the plastic fittings is if one of them is broken and the fitting isn’t held squarely on the male fitting

CleanClear

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 10:42:42 pm »
Assuming your reel is static in the van and you don't need to lift it in and out............ you need to use 15mm barrier pipe, and this to your pump..........
https://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-pse3201wp-tap-connectors-white-15mm-x-2-pack/29175

and this to your reel................
https://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-pse3203wp-tap-connectors-white-15mm-x-2-pack/85257

Only fly in the ointment for me was to tap connections....... 6mm hose reel to wfp hose, this i solved by buying the correct "O" rings and crimping them correctly, as opposed to previously using jubilee clips. Thats worked for me , i now have a dry van.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 11:24:59 pm »
I use a car radiator hose, bought from ebay. Mostly due to the hot water aspects but I have it direct to the swivel elbow via a jubilee clip. No issues with leaks, regardless if hot or cold.

My van has carpet tiles in as well for several months now and unlike many predictions on here saying it will stink etc due to getting wet.  It doesnt because i dont get leaks.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 08:10:03 am »

My van has carpet tiles in as well for several months now and unlike many predictions on here saying it will stink etc due to getting wet.  It doesnt because i dont get leaks.

Cheers Nathan , Iv got the same reel as you and that connection looks pretty good. Think il order one of them too 👍

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 08:10:22 am »
Thanks everyone 👍

John Mart

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 10:52:20 am »

I like the idea of a jubilee clip over the reel outlet.

Shrek

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2018, 02:40:49 pm »

Just ordered a pro26 connection , jubilee clips and 2 35cm brushes with 4 fan  jets  ;D!

Cheers

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 12:02:22 pm »

Less than 24hrs later - Gardiners, just awesome 👏

nathankaye

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 12:05:53 pm »

Less than 24hrs later - Gardiners, just awesome 👏

Have to report back on the fan jets
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 12:10:40 pm »
Will do , il give them a try this weekend 👍
I switched to fan jets a couple of years ago and never looked back. Might take a bit to get used to these brushes though, they look massive!

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 12:59:17 pm »
if you buy a decent hose reel with solid brass/metal  fittings you ll never have leaks from the hose reel even with 60c water......i use a fixed cox reel with a rectus 26 fitting.....

shrek them brass elbows ALWAYS end up leaking after a while.....
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 01:03:24 pm »
if you buy a decent hose reel with solid brass/metal  fittings you ll never have leaks from the hose reel even with 60c water......i use a fixed cox reel with a rectus 26 fitting.....

Il give it a good wrap of ptfe tape and using the jubilee clips on the hose it’s gotta be more water tight than the hoselock fittings. It is a decent solid reel from pure freedom

https://purefreedom.co.uk/product/pure-freedom-professional-hose-reel/#hose-colour

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 01:33:34 pm »
We use brass tap connectors on two of the reels with plastic Hozelok pipe connectors. The only time we start to get a drip is when the o ring needs replacing. A thin smear of Vasilene seems good enough to use as lubrication.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2018, 03:08:28 pm »
Will do , il give them a try this weekend 👍
I switched to fan jets a couple of years ago and never looked back. Might take a bit to get used to these brushes though, they look massive!

If you did trad its like going from your trusty 14inch squeegee to the 18.  Yet once you get used to it covering more glass in one pass, you rarely go back
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slash

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 04:33:24 pm »
I found the pro 26 brass fittings  from Gardiners leaked so went back to hoselock type.
Like someone said ealier it's best to buy a Cox reel or something similar.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 07:50:53 pm »

My brass elbows haven't leaked yet in over a year.

But any moving part will wear eventually.

alank

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2018, 08:42:20 pm »
Started using the bigger brushes a couple of months ago and once I got used to them I love it the four fan jets make a huge difference when rinsing on much faster. I did find that to get the best out of them they really need to be on a swivel goose neck then they really come into their own on those awkward windows and wide bays ;D

Shrek

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 08:54:38 pm »
Started using the bigger brushes a couple of months ago and once I got used to them I love it the four fan jets make a huge difference when rinsing on much faster. I did find that to get the best out of them they really need to be on a swivel goose neck then they really come into their own on those awkward windows and wide bays ;D

Wrong thread lol - but I know what your saying  ;D
Iv got some huge windows to clean and it’s just always felt like I’m using a toothbrush to clean them. I usually clean my house in 15 minutes, with the 35 cm brush it was 12 minutes 50 seconds!!
Did the insides too so I could inspect and results are as good as they usually are  :)

alank

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2018, 09:05:06 pm »
  ;D ;D