Dazzler3370

Help advice on Pure Freedom Electric Reel
« on: May 03, 2018, 09:09:55 pm »
To everyone who has a Pure Freedom Electric Reel.
I have just had set up a Grippa Tamk Electric Reel
Not only does it cut out at the slightest bit of resistance/ tension it is also very very difficult to pull out.
I can accept it will be a bit more difficult to pull out than a manual reel. On a scale of 1 to 10 its and 8.
I have also taken into account that I have my hose reel on rollers through my van floor.
Can you give me your experience in theses issues on your Pure Freedom ones.
Cheers
Dazzler
Dazzler

dd

Re: Help advice on Pure Freedom Electric Reel
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 09:37:12 pm »
Surely you would be better off with feedback from someone else with a grippa reel to see if they have the same issues. For the price of them they ought to work well.

zesty

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 10:12:41 pm »
I’m also interested in the pure freedom one.

I’ve currently got a diy one, which works brilliantly.

Need a second one for me old man, he does the odd day with me, but I don’t want a super cautious health and safety OTT cut out one  like you describe.

Hoping the pure freedom one isn’t like that...

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 10:14:42 pm »
To everyone who has a Pure Freedom Electric Reel.
I have just had set up a Grippa Tamk Electric Reel
Not only does it cut out at the slightest bit of resistance/ tension it is also very very difficult to pull out.
I can accept it will be a bit more difficult to pull out than a manual reel. On a scale of 1 to 10 its and 8.
I have also taken into account that I have my hose reel on rollers through my van floor.
Can you give me your experience in theses issues on your Pure Freedom ones.
Cheers
Dazzler

Try it without going through the floor. If there is a big difference then its got something to do with your rollers.

One of the local cleaners tried to use rollers through the floor and he found that the hose collapsed on the curve of the roller. So what he was doing was squashing the hose flat when pulling out and winding in. This made it very difficult.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dazzler3370

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 10:21:37 pm »
Already Tried it without going through rollers.
Still really hard to pull out and really  sensitive when meets some resistance.

That's why I'm asking about the pure freedom ones..??
Dazzler

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 10:32:28 pm »
Already Tried it without going through rollers.
Still really hard to pull out and really  sensitive when meets some resistance.

That's why I'm asking about the pure freedom ones..??

I would phone the manufactures and ask them

Jonny 87

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 11:39:01 pm »
No issues like that with my 2 waterworks reels through the floor of my van.

They don’t have a safety cut out though.

One of my friends has 2 pure freedom reels through the floor supplied and fitted by purefreedom and all ok there.

Sounds like you need to get in touch with grippa. The fact that they are much more expensive than other electric reels it really sounds
Like somethings wrong.

(Edit)

Are the grippa reels gear driven rather than chain? Did they mention this would take a while to wear in?
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 06:43:44 am »

One of my friends has 2 pure freedom reels through the floor supplied and fitted by purefreedom and all ok there.

Sounds like you need to get in touch with grippa. The fact that they are much more expensive than other electric reels it really sounds
Like somethings wrong.

(Edit)

Are the grippa reels gear driven rather than chain? Did they mention this would take a while to wear in?

I can't imagine why that would make a difference. The large cog and the small cog on the motor should mesh from day one. Has Grippa said this if you don't mind me asking?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Jonny 87

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 07:14:43 am »

Like somethings wrong.

(Edit)

I can't imagine why that would make a difference. The large cog and the small cog on the motor should mesh from day one. Has Grippa said this if you don't mind me asking?

I’ve never heard his either. Just trying to go through the scenarios. I wouldn’t have thought this either. It’s quite possible they are designed to be quite tight to prevent overspool. These reels are brand new to he market so time
Will tell.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dazzler3370

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 07:46:17 am »
My Grippa reel is gear driven.
It's that hard to pull out I've had to strip it all out and go back to my manual one.
I will be speaking to Grippa as soon as they open today.
Dazzler

matthewprice

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 07:56:42 am »
Could the hose been wound on in reverse

david mark

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 08:20:03 am »
I've got the stainless steel Manuel reel they are replacing the both side discs for me as they are buckled

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 08:39:10 am »
stick to a decent manual fixed reel(like a cox reel).some of you must be weaklings if you think reeling in a bit of hose a few times a day is hard work.... ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 10:15:18 am »
This is why I wouldn’t go for this type of electric reel,it will stop even if it’s just tangled. You just need to be able to see the end of the hose your reeling in to know it’s going to be safe I use a waterworks one for that reason super quick 30 odd seconds and your 100 meters is in the van again.

zesty

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 04:57:40 pm »
Mark Munro has a video on YouTube of the pure freedom one.

He says on the comments that it will ‘rip through anything’ as it’s all adjustable. So you  can set the reel to pull round corners and the snag protection rubbish doesn’t stop it. I hope that’s true! If it is I might be buying one, but I need to know for sure.

Waterworks is out the question for me as I use 8mm minibore rather than microbore

SeanJ

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 07:48:37 pm »
Ive have the purefreedom reel.  It needs a switch fitting to stop motor acting as a dynamo when pulling hose out. It make it so easy and through roller it van floor.

andyM

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2018, 06:34:58 am »
I've got the stainless steel Manuel reel they are replacing the both side discs for me as they are buckled

Que? ?
One of the Plebs

zesty

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2018, 09:28:56 am »
Ive have the purefreedom reel.  It needs a switch fitting to stop motor acting as a dynamo when pulling hose out. It make it so easy and through roller it van floor.

Can you say that in English please?  ;D

So does the snag protection kick in easily or can it be adjusted to pull through corners etc without cutting in?

Den68

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2018, 10:54:10 pm »

He says on the comments that it will ‘rip through anything’ as it’s all adjustable. So you  can set the reel to pull round corners and the snag protection rubbish doesn’t stop it. I hope that’s true! If it is I might be buying one, but I need to know for sure.

Waterworks is out the question for me as I use 8mm minibore rather than microbore
why the preference to 8mm instead of 6mm just curious as I have the hd and never had a problem it work spot on every day, as already said 30 seconds to reel in 100m

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2018, 06:58:07 am »
Apparently you get better flow or something with 8mm

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 03:36:28 pm »
I've got a cox reel which is geared and it needed a power switch fitting as suggested other wise the motors acts like a big dynamo/magnet.

zesty

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 08:03:23 pm »

why the preference to 8mm instead of 6mm just curious as I have the hd and never had a problem it work spot on every day, as already said 30 seconds to reel in 100m

Purely down to flow, I work with the flow controller at full wack theses days, I find the 8mm gives me more flow at the brush head, coupled with 3mm jets.

Way too impatient these days to faff about with low flow rate  ;D

dd

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 07:29:53 pm »
Did you get on to Grippa about the problems with your reel?

Dazzler3370

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2018, 09:05:20 pm »
They have collected it, I'm just awaiting a report back from their engineer after inspection.
I will keep you all updated.
Dazzler
Dazzler

lozsing

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2018, 07:32:16 am »
any update on this

windowswashed

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 10:10:50 am »
Any update on Lee Pryor or gardiner video of the electric reel by grippa yet?

NWH

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 12:11:51 pm »
I said this they are to sensitive some of the jobs I do it would be cutting out all the time,even if the hose gets tangled they cut out because it senses resistance.