colinpd

Payroll
« on: November 04, 2014, 12:55:44 pm »
Hello how many of you guys do your own payroll ? Or do you pay a company to do it for you ? I have been looking at the sofeware on hmrc website it looks easy. But would like your views on the matter.

Neil Jones

Re: Payroll
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 08:00:20 pm »
Can be easy, but at the same time can be a pain in the arse. Can be quite time consuming and tedious, I do mine Friday night, I dread it.

Ring me if you want to discuss

dmckellar

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 05:20:09 pm »
accountant does absolutely everything for me.

i have no time to do it & i think it can be quite complicated if anything goes wrong either with the payroll of staff behaviour etc (deemed sick/holidays etc)

Griffus

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 10:16:34 pm »
Sage payroll is easy enough. Best if used alongside Sage Accounts.

Better to buy indirectly as cheaper (I know, ironic).

Downside, once you start using this it's not easy to switch, should you wish to.   That said, I've been using it 8 years or so and I'm not looking to change.

Try these guys: -

s.cardwell@sjsoftware.co.uk
01282 865500

Approved

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 08:29:58 pm »
IRIS software competitive price and great after care service

Office Cleaning Company

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 09:01:17 am »
Yes, we do our own payroll and have done since the start.

We also use sage, although I would not recommend it now. We use it for historical reasons, i.e we have been using it for years and it would be a huge pain to change, as the other poster mentioned. The reason I would not recommend it is because it is desktop based not cloud based, so you have to use the pc / server it is set up on - fine with remote login etc but still not as good as cloud based.

We could outsource the payroll side and possibly it would be cheaper than doing it in house but it’s not the payroll per se that is the difficult bit, it is the collecting and collating of information that is difficult. Whomever we outsourced to would still the full information to be able to process the information and that is part of the in-house teams job.

I guess if you have only a few employees it would be easy to do it yourself and then when it gets to the point where it’s consuming your time which could be spent more profitably elsewhere then that would be the time to reconsider it again.
Low Cost Office and Commercial Cleaning Services for London and Essex Companies
http://www.ics-online.co.uk - We Clean Better You Save Money - Get your instant cleaning quote now

Neil Jones

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 03:28:13 pm »
So if people are saying they wouldn't use sage what would you try?

Strata Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 08:41:17 am »
As alternative to Sage there is QuickBooks and CleanLink. Sage does not use the cloud as far as I know. QuickBooks is becoming tricky when have lots of staff to handle.
Doing payroll still means collecting and transferring the data to the system - whatever software used.

Office Cleaning Company

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 08:36:15 am »
We use clear books for our accounts which is good, they have added a payroll side to it. As I say we are kind of stuck with sage for now so I can’t say from use whether clear books is good or not, but judging from the accounts side I would certainly recommend having a look.
Low Cost Office and Commercial Cleaning Services for London and Essex Companies
http://www.ics-online.co.uk - We Clean Better You Save Money - Get your instant cleaning quote now

The Great One

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 09:48:33 pm »
I tried doing it myself, chuffing nightmare.

Once you register with the HRMC PAYE section, you need certain number, passwords etc, then you'll need software compatible with HRMC etc

Accountant, £5.25 per employee per month, with payslip emailed to me, what tax to pay, what to pay.

Totally stress free and well worth the money.

amayze

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 09:41:10 am »
We use Brightpay - dead easy to use and free in under 5 employees

clarkson

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 07:51:47 pm »
Hi
We use world pay . Just out in details of staff , tax code and enter there gross out pops all there deductions and produces payslip.

John