D4ch0l

How to look for new employees?
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:36:54 pm »
Hi guys,

I was wondering what in your opinion are the most effective and cheap ways of getting new employees. Where would you recommend to advertise? Also to those with experience... Do you know the rates of advertising at job centers?

Many Thanks,
Adam

George P

Re: How to look for new employees?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:43:48 pm »
job centres are free  but you can get a lot who come just to satisfy getting there benefits, cheapest way would be to ask some of your customers,

Anna Warren

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 04:20:16 pm »
Thread up, as I've got the same problem.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 11:25:11 pm »
Gumtree. You have to wade through a load of shiite, but the trick is to advertise on there constantly and build up a list of cleaners to call if needed. I have 2 really good guys who work for me from Gumtree and I have a list of 4 workers with vans from it who I can call anytime and I have a list of about 10 other cleaners. I also have another small list that I call my desperation list that I use as a last resort, with the sort of workers you need to supervise at all times.  ;D
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

dmckellar

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 02:50:09 pm »
ive picked up my 2 best cleaners by fluke.

i took a boy on from gumtree, he knew a good construction window cleaner - i contacted him for weekend work and he was getting his hours reduced at his place of employment due to them losing work - i  took the hit and offered him full time. best thing i've done.

I bought out another reputable company and took his staff, a great decision as the 2 cleaners i gained are invaluable.

I also got one off of gumtree who is good enough - but as above, needs encouragement and watched, which i dont like too much but i need staff and he is recognised on that site so i dont want to rock the boat too much

Raymond Russell B

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 12:10:46 am »
Hi Guys I am new to this forum and would like to help with this very topic. I have a website [cleanrecruits.com]  it is a website designed as a job board for cleaners. I am hoping to create a resource for all cleaning companies to search, Train & recruit cleaners all in the one place. With help from the good people like yourselves spreading the word it just might become the place for people looking for work to go and register as a job seeker and do an online basic cleaning training course so that we as company owners get more value from the people looking for work instead of pay packet seekers. If anyone would like to know more please feel free to contact me would love to help out!

gordonswindows

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 02:58:26 pm »
Job Centre, Facebook and Gumtree
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

Tony Hodgkinson

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:03:44 pm »
I have advertised on the Job centre. I advertised for a 3 hour job and got 450 candidates. Search your facebook page for a local jobs page and put it on there.
Mr Tony Hodgkinson
Hodgkinson Cleaning Services
E: info@hcs-cheshire.co.uk
W: www.hcs-cheshire.co.uk
Twitter: @hcscheshire

Office Cleaning Company

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 08:25:29 am »
Agreed, job centre is time wasting - most of them that apply for work have to do to keep getting their benefit and are'nt interested in work, same with the agencies that promise to work on your behalf but get paid by the govt to send the same non interested applicants/ cvs to you. Gumtree is good, and/or if you have a website put a job application from on there and start building up your own database.
Low Cost Office and Commercial Cleaning Services for London and Essex Companies
http://www.ics-online.co.uk - We Clean Better You Save Money - Get your instant cleaning quote now

Strata Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 08:48:13 am »
Gumtree, Indeed and local newspapers for the area (only as last option) worked for us.
Indeed is quite good as you can search through CVs and contact whoever you wish or think is suitable. its free as well.
Downside is you have limited resource there.