paul alan

window cleaner hopper
« on: March 20, 2018, 06:56:54 pm »
Had a txt from someone saying they have a window cleaner but he is becoming expensive, can I please call around next time I'm in the area.

I txt back saying that we provide a professional and thorough service, which is reflected in our prices! Business expenses are not cheap and neither is our service.

I wanted to say that if you are looking for a cheap window cleaner then go and ask around outside the signing on cue as that's where they are found, but when I read it out to the missus before sending she reminded me that I didn't want to do that.

John Mart

Re: window cleaner hopper
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:16:21 pm »
Could you not just quote by text? You never know but the customer may be correct.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 09:24:19 pm »
I would just give a quote that I'm happy with.

They can take it or leave it.

The price is the price. I don't pay too much attention to other people's prices.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 10:06:32 pm »
Had a txt from someone saying they have a window cleaner but he is becoming expensive, can I please call around next time I'm in the area.

I txt back saying that we provide a professional and thorough service, which is reflected in our prices! Business expenses are not cheap and neither is our service.

I wanted to say that if you are looking for a cheap window cleaner then go and ask around outside the signing on cue as that's where they are found, but when I read it out to the missus before sending she reminded me that I didn't want to do that.

For all you know your prices may be cheaper then the other window cleaner and this customer is just trying it on looking for as you say a cheaper price.  Never a good thing when i hear that from potential new customers lol.  Ive started getting wise to it recently.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 11:27:05 pm »
I picked up a new job last week down a cul de sac which is a bit out of my area but I clean 5 other houses there.4 bedder,no conny £20.(It's a 20 min     job).

I'm happy,the customer is happy and he s getting his windows cleaned  less often(8 weekly).the other guy was charging £25 and cleaning them 4 weekly.

So I'm not always more expensive......
price higher/work harder!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 05:46:56 am »
you did the right thing , that's not a good customer

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 07:29:43 am »
I would just give a quote that I'm happy with.

They can take it or leave it.

The price is the price. I don't pay too much attention to other people's prices.

id do this too..

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 07:33:58 am »

why the rant mate?were you having a bad day yesterday? ;D

just go round and quote......some window cleaners charge ridiculously high prices and clean them too often and dont have much work in that area.....

if you have work in the area and clean them less frequently and they accept your price then happy days.....

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 07:50:14 am »
To Paul Alan:

If it's in your area go round and suss it out. I don't think you have enough info to make a decision yet.

You'll soon pick up if she is a genuine customer feeling ripped off or a moaning cheapskate. Sometimes they use price as an excuse after they've had a falling out or even been dumped! On the other hand she could be sweetness and light and the other fella is charging over the top.

If she tells you the price and it's similar to what you'd charge (and that is the ONLY issue) you could even say "look it's about what I'd charge, I'd stick with the other guy." That demonstrates you are an honest chap, don't undercut and that you aren't desperate.

If she is genuine she'll appreciate your frankness and may tell you more or just hop on board. Or not. If it's right among other work of yours then I'd be tempted to take it on after setting out your stall. (Like telling her you don't ring/text first, don't take doorstep cancellations, do work in the rain or whatever else applies)
It's a game of three halves!

paul alan

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 07:57:57 am »

just go round and quote......some window cleaners charge ridiculously high prices and clean them too often and dont have much work in that area.....

if you have work in the area and clean them less frequently and they accept your price then happy days.....

Yeah yesterday was a bit annoying, every where I went someone wanted our service!

Had another 4 customers yesterday alone, I am only supposed to be working from 9 30 till 2 30 mon to thurs.

It seems the beast from the east has blessed the  from the WC from the west. He was 5 mile out of my area and the txt to me when I read between the lines was looking for a cheap WC. The fact he told me his current Wc was too expensive from the off, put me off. I reckon my new prices are at the top end of my area, or that's what I am  aiming for anyway.

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 08:16:21 am »

Yeah yesterday was a bit annoying, every where I went someone wanted our service!

Had another 4 customers yesterday alone, I am only supposed to be working from 9 30 till 2 30 mon to thurs.

It seems the beast from the east has blessed the  from the WC from the west. He was 5 mile out of my area and the txt to me when I read between the lines was looking for a cheap WC. The fact he told me his current Wc was too expensive from the off, put me off. I reckon my new prices are at the top end of my area, or that's what I am  aiming for anyway.

I’d steer clear , he’ll probably sack you off once your too expensive for him too

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 04:19:49 pm »
I’d say I’m not the cheapest I’ve had this before and what I’ve said has kept the bloke the job,she more or less said the exact same thing I told her me and and any other Wcleaner would want 20-30 quid more if they were running it as a businesss she looked at me like dog dirt and went back inside the property,at the end of the day a text-comment like this to me spells this is a potential arsewipe of a customer- person no thanks.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 04:21:49 pm »
She’ll be a joy when the price wants putting up a couple of quid eh 😂 jog on love in your lifetime you will go through as many WCleaners as I will bags of resin.

windowswashed

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 06:35:27 pm »
Don't bother asking how much he charges, just quote your price, if you get it good and if you don't you don't. Can't win all of them  if you want decent prices

NWH

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 07:16:54 pm »
If any new customer comes across like that they will get arsehole tax from me everytime,I would go in over and above and if they say go ahead I’ll just laugh everyday I clean it.

paul alan

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 08:07:14 pm »
I am getting more expensive myself, I hardly get any quotes nowadays compared to getting nearly all in the past.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 08:30:45 pm »
I am getting more expensive myself, I hardly get any quotes nowadays compared to getting nearly all in the past.

well thats no good either!no point charging so high if you dont get any work! ::)roll

paul alan

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 08:52:47 pm »

well thats no good either!no point charging so high if you dont get any work! ::)roll

Dont want anymore work!

Walter Mitty

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2018, 10:57:54 pm »
So I see the thread title and imagine some shiner on one of these to access the upstairs windows:

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2018, 11:49:08 pm »

So I see the thread title and imagine some shiner on one of these to access the upstairs windows:

;D  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk